Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWomen's History: Moderation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Women's History: Moderation
    Posted: 14-May-2006 at 11:35
Women's History: Moderation

It's a new forum with a new moderator and I think it will serve everyone well to know, in advance, exactly how I intend to moderate this forum. This is not written in stone, of course, because other mods are entitled to make decisions here as well. However, if everyone follows the rules of this forum and keeps the following in mind, it's a situation we will avoid.

The rules of the forum are available here. Any post that contravenes any of these rules will be deleted, as will any post asking why it was deleted or where it went. This alone, I believe, should be sufficient in most cases.

However, there will obviously be 'problem' threads that I will inevitably be forced to close. I don't want to appear arbitrary in making such decisions so this is how it's going to be: If a single thread generates two or more separate incidents in which posts contravene any of the forum's rules, it will be closed. If both incidents are the result of a single forumer or group of forumers, I may report them in an effort to keep the thread open and the discussion going for the benefit of everyone else. If the thread provokes rule-breaking posts from a forumer not known to make such posts, it will be immediately closed.

I anticipate posts that break the rules will commonly break rule 7, as is the case elsewhere on All Empires. Rule 7 prohibits Nationalism, derogatory remarks to national or ethnic groups, jingoism, bigotry, racism, political propaganda.

Disagreeing with me is not a contravention of the forum's rules. Saying "All Bosniaks are Serbs, Milosevic said so you silly woman" is allowed (as will be my response ), saying "All Bosniaks should die you horrible beast, we are the one true race to inherit the earth" is not.

So be mindful of the rules, discuss and debate within the boundaries of those rules, and have a wonderful, educational, and productive experience.

Edited by Mila - 15-May-2006 at 19:13
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply