Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HALO 3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Americanus View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Americanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HALO 3
    Posted: 09-May-2006 at 10:23

Halo 2's ending was awsome I cant wait until Halo 3 what are your thoughts on what going to happen. I think the other spartans will show up and with the help of chief save earth and then go capture the rest of the prophets.

"Give Me Liberty or Give me death"
HOMERS HAND View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote HOMERS HAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2006 at 12:03
i cant wait either im waiting to kill some new chars  there are soppose to be harder grunts and funny looking guns.
love is but one of the paths we cross
Knight
Knight

Quote Americanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2006 at 13:42
I just downloaded the trailer from E3 its aswsome. Have you read the books theyre really good. In the trailer it looks like hes holding the assualt rifle from Halo 1 I personally like the battle rifle better.
doom boy View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote doom boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2006 at 09:02
my mom is going to buy it for me no matter what even if she has to buy a x box 360 Big smileBig smile
i am the dragon reborn
Knight
Knight

Quote Americanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2006 at 10:05
Is your quote at the bottom by any chance from the books the Wheel of Time?
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2006 at 14:13
From what was forced upon me (a buddy who loves gaming) Halo 3 seems likely to be Covenant+Earth (Arbiter and Elites plus Master Chief and UNSC) vs Flood (possibly with the Prophets).
Should be interesting.
doom boy View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote doom boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2006 at 07:59
i cant wait for it to come out
i am the dragon reborn
doom boy View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote doom boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2006 at 08:00
Originally posted by Americanus

Is your quote at the bottom by any chance from the books the Wheel of Time?
yes  i think its the best book series
i am the dragon reborn
Knight
Knight

Quote Americanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2006 at 09:01
I read all the way up to the seventh book then it got boring. Speaking of books have you read the Halo books theyre really good.
doom boy View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote doom boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2006 at 11:36
ya my high school has the halo books i asked the librarian if we can get themBig smile
i am the dragon reborn
Knight
Knight

Quote Americanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2006 at 08:45
Theyre good because they give you some background on the Events before and after Halo.
Perseas View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Perseas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2006 at 09:32
Bungie.net had this F.A.Q about Halo 3. If someone missed it here it is.

What kind of game is Halo 3?

Halo 3 is a story-driven action game, a first-person shooter featuring the classic gameplay you've come to expect from Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2.

What systems is Halo 3 available for?

Halo 3 is being made for the Xbox 360.

When does Halo 3 come out?

Halo 3 will be released at an as-yet to be announced date in 2007. The final release date will be revealed at a future time.

What kind of graphics can we expect from Halo 3?

Halo 3's graphics will include the features seen in the real-time trailer and more, these are rendered using a new graphics engine, making the most of next-gen features like HDR (High Dynamic Range) lighting, pre-computed radiance transfer, and much, much more. The game will also take full advantage of the Xbox 360's HDTV capabilities.

Did you say real-time trailer?

Yes. The trailer shown at E3 in 2006 was rendered in real-time using the in-game engine. All of the assets shown were running on an Xbox 360 debug kit and the trailer was built using the current engine and development tools. The development process continues and new graphics features may be added or changed at any time.

Does Halo 3 support Xbox Live?

Yes, Halo 3 supports all major features of Xbox Live although our game-specific features have not been announced at this time.

What classic Halo features will be returning in Halo 3 ?

We have not announced any specific gameplay features at this time.

Does Halo 3 support HDTV resolutions like 720p or 1080i?

Halo 3 will support all of the Xbox 360's output resolutions, same as every other game.

What is the plot of Halo 3?

The details of the plot have yet to be revealed. Suffice to say, the Chief has returned to Earth. The Covenant has uncovered a massive and ancient artifact under the African soil and Cortana is still trapped in the clutches of the Gravemind.

What's new in Halo 3?

Beyond the continuing story and new graphics features, we have not yet revealed any details about the content of Halo 3.

Is this the last ever Halo game?

It is the conclusion to this story arc.

Does Halo 3 support downloadable content?

We have not yet discussed those details.

What was that crazy huge dome buried under Earth?

We're not saying, but Halo fans may recognize something about its design.

I noticed the Master Chief's armor was scraped and damaged, what happened to him?

Lots of things.

I also noticed Master Chief's gloves had changed. Does that mean it's Mjolnir Mark VII?

We haven't revealed that yet . Don't jump to any conclusions.

Which characters will be returning in Halo 3?

Well as you can see from the trailer, at a minimum, we'll see the Chief and Cortana in some shape or form. And I believe Banshee pilots...

What about the Music in Halo 3?

The same team responsible for Halo's award winning music and sound design are working on Halo 3.

What's up with all the trumpets?

Could it be triumph? Or a musical exclamation point to signal a finale? It could be all kinds of things, but Marty is really outdoing himself this time.

What about the Covenant civil war? Are Elites our friends now?

That's plot. Unless you see something in a new trailer, or spot a clue, you're not going to get any plot until the game ships. That's how we roll. You'll just have to play and see.

Will the Arbiter be back?

See above.

I spotted an Easter Egg in the trailer after I watched it a few times. How do you explain that?

The New Mombasa City Council had an incredibly efficient public works department until and even during the tragic and devastating
A mathematician is a person who thinks that if there are supposed to be three people in a room, but five come out, then two more must enter the room in order for it to be empty.
El Pollo Loco View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote El Pollo Loco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2006 at 11:42
They arent making it. The person in charge of X-box isnt suporting it, but they are making a game that is suposed to come in a timeframe before Halo or something like that.
 Post Reply Post Reply