Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iranian Vampires?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
amir br View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote amir br Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iranian Vampires?
    Posted: 03-Jun-2018 at 01:53
man do u have some info about them?if you do tell me

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2018 at 09:45
Atena hasn't been active since this was posted.

You might want to start a new thread.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
amir br View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote amir br Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2018 at 00:27
hey Atena can we talk about it peals i need to know about them

Edited by amir br - 27-May-2018 at 00:28
amir br View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote amir br Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2018 at 21:46
hey
 does anyone know about real vampires in Iran or anywhere? Any thing?
If u know please tell me my Telegram's ID is: @Amir18_official
 just please tell me i really love to read about them 

thanks a lot Wink

Edited by amir br - 27-May-2018 at 00:21
Atena View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Atena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2017 at 14:23
can we turn to a vampire
Atena View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Atena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2017 at 14:20
Are vampires real?
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2006 at 04:38

from Wikipedia

edited i mistakenly put this letter (),

while i meant this

Ḍād () is one of the six letters the Arabic alphabet added to the twenty-two inherited from the Phoenician alphabet (the others being ṯāʼ, ḫāʼ, ḏāl, ẓāʼ, ġayn). It represents a pharyngealized voiced alveolar plosive (IPA [dˁ]). In name and shape, it is a variant of ṣād. The phoneme was considered unique to the Arabic language by early Arabic grammarians, and hence Arabic was also known as the "language of the Ḍād". South Semitic, however, also continues the phoneme, as South Arabian ḍ , and Ge'ez Ḍpp .

In some reconstructions of Proto-Semitic phonology, there is an emphatic voiceless lateral fricative, ṣ́ (IPA [ɬˁ]), featuring as the direct ancestor of Arabic Ḍād, while merging with in most other Semitic languages.

-------------

you cant find it in most of the languages in the world so really you need to hear it to know how its pronuced ,not sure if there are sites where you can listen to it.

Edited by azimuth
PrznKonectoid View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote PrznKonectoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2006 at 00:06

how do you phonetically pronounce "dh"

just wondering...

Edited by PrznKonectoid
Want to know more on ancient Iran?
http://www.parsaworld.com
or join our forums
FORUM
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2006 at 13:19

Zahak was not an arab, his original name is Azdahak which doesnt sound arabic at all.

some think he is an arab coz arab pronounced azdahak as dhahak which similar to the word means Laugher ! Persians dont pronounce "dh" and usually replace it with "Z" so from that came Zahak as a new name of Azdahak.

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2006 at 15:00

Dude,you need to learn more.Go to Modern History or Search and search about a topic called Greek Folklore Vampires,posted by me.It is not only Dracula.

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2006 at 10:06
Vampires are so overrated

I only know of one vampire and that is Dracula.
vespasian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote vespasian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2006 at 19:16

I was wondering...Aren't vampires strictly from Slavic mythology? I thought that was the only mythology you would see the whole "I'm a horrible demonic creature and I need other people's blood to live" thing. No dissing intended, just curious.

Is someone going to tell Triple H that someone beat him to the title "King of Kings"?
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 15:58
Div in iranian mythology isn't vampire like. You could compare Divs with demons, but not with vampires.
Shiroyeh View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Shiroyeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 14:52
It was a good film and Kate Beckinsale is KHOT!

I haven't heard of vampires in Iranian mythology, tho there are lots of mentions of demons, i.e. div-e Sepid-e Mazandaran a ruler of Mazandaran who during the battle between Iran and Mazandaran he turned into a rock before the great warrior Rostam (from the Shahnameh). according to some Mazandarani the demon still exists and dwells in a cave with the same name now in the Golestan province. I believe there are more demons in Iranian mythology but non that I know of that are vampire like.
' How shall a man escape from that which is written; How shall he flee from his destiny? ' Ferdowsi
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 15:38
Well,humans have different tastes.I must admit i liked it.
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 18:51
To come about this i just how you have a fascination with vampires. Your avatar pictures Selene from the movie called "Underworld." I suppose you like the topic of vampires and such and hey it is an interesting topic.

I only saw the first Underworld movie. I didnt see the second one because my friends said it sucked
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 14:54

Not necessary though.Such mythological creature  already existed in Ancient Hellas centuries ago,as stated above.So why not in Middle East and Iran?Maybe as a God or sth?In Messopotemian cultures,such as Assyria and Sumeria?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 08:57

A mythological creature native to the area (more Iraq tho) is a Lilit.  This creature has popped up in muslim and jewish traditions both, tho its characteristics tend to change from society to society.  In short its a female demon that feeds on babies during the night.

The typical vampire you maybe thinking of is largely a European myth tho (slavic and romanian)

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 08:36
I answerd seriously:

never heard
&
Not Blood, but we have Zahak(=Azhidahak=Azhdaha=Dragon) the tazi(arab) ruler, devil kissed his shoulders, then 2 snakes grown on his shoulders
next time devil backed as Dr. & said him that he must feed snakes by 2 humen brains every day to cure.
the mythe was continued to Kave Ahangar & his Revolution againest zahak

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 07:45
Guys ,be serious!This is a serious thread!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>