Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnti-Semitism still in the West?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anti-Semitism still in the West?
    Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 19:01
Originally posted by Eagle

I think we are all making too much of a fuss on this topic on whether we call people anti-Semites, or anti-Zionists or anti-Hebrew or anti-anything else. The emphasis is not on the way we use the english language but essentially the emphasis is on discussing any form of racism against the Jewish community. I understand the need for clarity but if we all understand what one another are talking about and understand the connotaions of the words being used than the specific meaning is really an irrelevance. Rathar than confusing are selves with technicality is it not more important that we focus on the issues that the Jewish community have suffered and still are suffering and the effect this has on society as a whole?

I agree with that statment. Using all of these terms just makes things a little more confusing. Although I have been enlightened with these new terms that Maju has brought up, I still believe that we should focus on the single meaning that can be related to the term "anti-semitism"
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 19:25
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

In Europe, there is a surprising trend of Anti-semitism showing, especially in France where they seem to tolerate no religions now.

For me it isn't really a big suprise. Just every time I see how Israelies are making Palestinians life worse and worse, I just can't love them - and so the most of European think.
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 19:34
True that Israelies are making life harder for Palestinians. Making all these security checkpoints for palestinaians and creating huge travelling problems for them? But it is complicated with all the crazy bombers out there. Everyone is looking out for themselves so it seems.
Lord Ranulf View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 10:12

Do you mean that there is people that specifically dislike Jews and not Africans, Hispanics, Arabs or Chinese... to put some examples. I'd say that racist people are generally indiscriminately racist.

..absolutely. and to illustrate it  all you have to do is resaerch it.

the fact is that there's no such terms. In my vernacular language either: they are all refered as "racism". Sometimes a phraseis used, i.e. "prejudice against Gypsies" but there's no "anti-Gypsism" or any equivalent.

...again you escape or ignore the obvious.... for the very use of the prefix 'anti' means a prejudical response or reaction....or dis-like.

"Anti-American" is a US-coined phrase and it's not a form of racism, rather it means someone that is against US-policies. We don't use the term "anti-American"... unless there's a Gringo who introduces it.

It does not matter who the originator of the term was.... it's use and effect remains unchallenged...and is not simply a identifier of disagreement with a nation states foreign policies or affairs...ask the French about americans.

Do you mean that you cannot compare Jews with other minorities? Why?

...certainly you can....but YOU cannot use the word WE  effectively because in the context of the statement it infers I agree with YOUR position.

I never use the USA as reference (Europe instead). Still, even in the USA, there are Jewish neighbourhoods, while you don't find German or Scottish neighbourhoods.

...my point exactly.... thru obsfucation and generalization you attempt localise and minimalize the position while strengthening your debate point...and old technique and one that might fool the weak or inexperienced of mind or life...I am neither..... As for example there are German and Czek neighboor hoods and Italians and Asians etc. etc....in Europe and America. This from a national perspective does not make them 'less' American....French...Spanish...Polish etc.

When I said that they tried to remain as separate community, I'm not saying any nonsense. Else, they would have probably converted to the mainstream religion - as others (including many Jews) did.

...ridiculous statement and assumption as their was either no need....desire or requirement to convert to anything unless one is forced to make a literal life vs. death choice or when one's culture is being eradicated by genocidal maniacs.

Even the founder of Zionism thoght for some time that converting to Christianity would solve the issue of discrimination against Hebrews.

if you refer to Theodore Herzl and the publication of 'The Jewish state' or Der Judenstaat...this might be an interpretation but a slim, specious and not very convincing one, as Herzl was well aware of the nearly 2000 year long persecution of the Jewish people by Christainity....and the intensity to which the same people WILL NOT compromise the isssue of their faith as a mechanism of survival....as the countless no doubt millions killed prior to 1939-1945....and the 6million killed... later.... testify to.

Again you see only a local epysode.

Not a local or single episode but literally multiplicy and contiuance ad infinte ...the records are clear.........crusades were ostensibly.... for example... launched against Islam.... with the end result that Jews and Arabs were murdered and raped and suffered enslavement or property loss indiscriminately.

The fact that Jews had arrived to the 19th century as a separate ethnicity and religion, while Pagans instead were persecuted fiercely.

....This is equally true but not material imo to the issue or topic at hand other then thru comparitive analysis... as most pagans would eventuly...at least in Europe......become Christains.

If Jews would have ben worshippers of Shiva there would have been no Jew in Europe in the 19th century.

...That should neither be suprising nor an attempt to obsfucate the issue at hand .....anti-semitism in Europe..... the preponderance of peoples living in europe were neither Hinduistic nor Buddahistic in religious persuasion or Taoist for that matter...and while I am at it... nor were there a great mass of confucinists. Jews were Jews. An attempt on your part to rewrite history into what 'may have beens' is no defense to what was.

Though they may have sychretized with Christianity, as the Roma did (they still call the cross "trident"!)

...prejudical hyperbole and not worthy of comment

This doesn't mean that there were no persecutions but that, among religious minorities they had a special favorable status - else there would just be no Jews in either Christian or Muslim areas at all.

....for once in your entire presentation and defense we can agree in part but not in toto....as  both religions you state.... accepted in their own... the prescence and importance of Judaism and in both cases incorporated it into their own..... in parts and places...with Islam actually...intialy being the more tolerant of the two.....unfortunately you continue to underscore and nearly irrevelentise the fact that centuries of persecutions /genocides occured...and as 'we' (native Texans) say around here..."that dog don't hunt and sh*t still smells like sh*t even when you cover it with perfume"

I don't say there wasn't a genocide. Just that I think that when this is waved in the context of Palestine - it just makes no sense.

....then either you are either a pro-extremist Arab supporter which is synomous with anti-semite....blatantly in  psyco denial.... or haven't completed a thorough enough analysis of the historical context behind the current ongoing issues in the region.

What I mean is that Christianity and Islam are Judaist proselitist sects and therefore they have a privileged position for their parent religion: Judaism.

...that is neither what you intialy wrote nor do I believe you really intend to write now....no...I believe your intial comment revealed your true thoughts. This second issue comment.... is an obsfucation.... imo ....to avoid accepting responsibility for the callowness of the initial remark.

You may be tolerant now that you have been driven off the center of social reality but two centuries ago, you were not so tolerant.

...ridiculous and illogical statement.... as YOU can neither know what I would have done 2 minutes ago let alone 2 thousand years....ie.speculation and distortion....obsfucation.

As member of a group (non-Christians, non-Muslims and non-Jews) that has been severely persecuted for at least 1400 years, I think that Jews have been relatively privileged: they have only been persecuted now and then - not all the time as it happened to us.

...ridiculous and a patent lie.....you are either morally incapable of accepting the obvious truth or you suffer from some form of mental illness/or idealogue fanaticism andI suggest you seek treatment for. I don't deny the historical persecution of pagans it's you who minimalize the historuical persecution of the Jews.

This is not Jews' fault: it's Christians' and Muslims' fault actually.

.....In this you are essentialy correct but not necessiarily from soley a religious functioning basis alone...but as a result...imo...of naescent nationalism which emerged in its historical context ...time and geo-physical regions on the planet.

That's why I reject the very concept of anti-Semitism: it's just a catchall term to insult those people that have critic thought.

...IMO in your case.... it's not critic thought...its expression of anti-semitism that has been historicaly exhibited  by millions who share your viewpoint.

Why is it that you can only use the therm Jew or Hebrew in black and white: you either must be 100% pro-Israel and pro-Abraham and pro-JewsihLobby or 100% anti-Semitic. That's obviously not that way.

....ridiculous...i use the terms interchangeably and this neither demonstrates,confirms or denys, any particular position of either religious or political, or national support.........for Jews as an ethnic group...Israel as a nation state, or Arabs and Syria in the same context....

My final comment and advice to you is pray to your pagan dietys for self-awareness...an enlightened and not prejudical spirt and for guidence in accepting  a more tolerant viewpoint.

Edited by Lord Ranulf
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 13:21
So you're saying, Ranulf, that because a Jew coined the term anti-Semitism and a US citizen coined the term anti-Americanism. The rest of the world are guilty of those "sins"?

No way. I say that some USAmericans and Jews like to cry and have coined such terms to say: poor of me!

Yet, I'd rather discuss anti-Arabism in the case of Israel and anti-Indianism anti-Blackism and anti-Mexicanism in the case of the USA.

Sadly, I don't own the CNN/CBS/BBC/Hollywood and can't flush those terms and the propaganda attached to them into the common speech.

The fact that there are Yaveh-worshippers (aka Jews) and not Jupiter-worshippers (aka Romans) means that Christians treated much better Jews than Romans. This is pretty obvious and I don't know why you offuscate in denying it. The fact that Romans were native and Jews inmigrants didn't make any difference: Chistians still discriminated against Romans (and not - or much less - against Jews).

The fact that Jews have reached the 20th century in Europe as a non-assimilated group is just a reflex of the relative tolerance and protection that this group enjoyed, when compared with other less fortunate ethnic and religious minorities.

I don't deny the persecution of Jews, what I mean is to relativize it. If pesecution would have been truly intense (like in certain "Crusade" or in the Nazi "Final Solution") there would be no recognizable Jews nowadays. All would have been assimilated or killed, as happened with other less fortunate minorities.

This is what happened in Spain and Portugal, for instance, where there are virtually no Jews (nor Muslims) nowadays: they either were assimilated, deported or killed. There are other examples, naturally.

Most of the time and in most places, nevertheless, Jews enjoyed a relatively safe and favorable position.

You seem a Zionist and Imperialist with an agenda, trying to make everybody feel guilty... because Chamberlain and Roosevelt tolerated and favored Hitler.

Well, sorry. I wouldn't have tolerated any of those fascists for a single second. That way I would not just save 6 million Jews, but I would also have saved many millions or other Europeans and would have kept Palestine in the hands of Palestinians - no matter their faith.

Israel is racist. Death to Israel!

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 13:28
Maju

Israel is racist. Death to Israel!

oh dear! I think someone had gotten a little carried away with themselves.
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 18:33
Originally posted by Maju

Well, sorry. I wouldn't have tolerated any of those fascists for a single second. That way I would not just save 6 million Jews, but I would also have saved many millions or other Europeans and would have kept Palestine in the hands of Palestinians - no matter their faith. Israel is racist. Death to Israel!

Unfortunaly there seems nobody on this forum to defend Israel and its people against nasty fascistoid verbal attacks like this.
Could you imagine the outcry when somebody advocated the destruction of Turkey, Greece or any other country with a lobby here.

Fortunately however, the anti-jewish ramblings on an internet forums contain hardly the same degree of threat as those of Presidents of Middle-Eastern countries who demand exactly the same but might have the means to realise it.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Dark Lord View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 18:56
The nonsense epithet "Aunt-Eye-See-Mite" is a catachresis - used to slander anyone who dares criticize Yahweh's precious chosen masterpieces. Dr. Revilo Oliver aptly explains this, videlicet:

"In English, the term 'anti-Semitism' must mean opposition to or antagonism toward Semites, the race now most fully represented by the Arabs and the Arabic-speaking Semites in the Near and Middle East. The Kikes have contrived to make the average reader understand the word in a sense that it cannot have, if language is not to become mere babble. If the word is used correctly, it becomes obvious that the Yids, a hybrid race that contains some Semitic blood, are now the most violently and viciously anti-Semitic people in the world, since they are now engaged in an effort to liquidate the Palestinians and eventually all the Semitic nations."

Dark Lord.

Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 19:16
Originally posted by Dark Lord

The nonsense epithet "Aunt-Eye-See-Mite" is a catachresis - used to
slander anyone who dares criticize Yahweh's precious chosen
masterpieces. Dr. Revilo
Oliver aptly explains this, videlicet:

"In English, the term 'anti-Semitism' must mean
opposition to or antagonism toward Semites, the race now most fully
represented by the Arabs and the Arabic-speaking Semites in the Near
and Middle East. The Kikes have contrived to make the average reader
understand the word in a sense that it cannot have, if language is not
to become mere babble. If the word is used correctly, it becomes
obvious that the Yids, a hybrid race that contains some Semitic blood,
are now the most violently and viciously anti-Semitic people in the
world, since they are now engaged in an effort to liquidate the
Palestinians and eventually all the Semitic nations."

For the meaning of the term "Kike" see:

Wikipedia

For using and obviously approving quotes that contain this term see:

Warning and Ban announcement

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Mullah Ganstar View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 19:54

Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

True that Israelies are making life harder for Palestinians. Making all these security checkpoints for palestinaians and creating huge travelling problems for them? But it is complicated with all the crazy bombers out there. Everyone is looking out for themselves so it seems.

You right. Israel has the right to exist. arabians took all middle east. Persia will one day help you.

Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 22:46
I am not sure if you can speak for the whole of Persin guy, but really everyone down there are looking for their own backs. Israel is setting up all these security measures and they are working. Even though they create hardships for the palestinians, even though it is unsettling for communities, it is still a better option than having suicide bombers coming at you almost every second. These "barriers" the Isrealies set up have reduced the number of suicide bombers greatly.

And Maju, can I assume that you are relating yourself to the palestinians concerning your own people in the Iberian peninsula? If so, then I understand you argument, and I know you want to reach out to them. But it is much more complicated down in Israel. We are talking about human lives at stake.
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 23:40

I defend Israel on this forum all the time and lately it seems that I am one of the only ones. 

@Ponce de Leon - Actually, Mullah Ganstar is correct, I think Iran/Persia may someday be an ally of Israel (if Iran experiences a regime change which is an eventual possibility I think, perhaps Zoroastrianism will return to Persia/Iran as well).  He is also right when he states that Israel has a right to exist.  It is good to see another member show support for Israel.

Edited by R_AK47
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 23:54
I imagine a lot of the people who support Israel in such a way, AK47, would do so if it was a completely uninhabited nature preserve. It has more to do with being anti-Islam, or anti-Arab, or anti-anything than being pro-Israeli.

There is no way that any person could logically support either Israeli or Palestinian policies without supporting both - and to support them both, in my mind, is to support... well, whatever horrible words you can think of. Israeli and Palestinian policies both are among many black marks in human history. In many ways they practically deserve each other.

Everything Israel does serves to further the Palestinian cause and everything the Palestinians do helps Israeli policies. It's an endless cycle of darkness and hatred and for anyone to commit themselves to either side of it is, I think, lunacy.

I could never support a state founded on a faith shared by what was, in 1948, a minority of that territory's residents (and remains today barely 70 per cent). I could never support land confiscations, curfews, collective punishment, institutionalized racism, "Jews only" businesses and apartments, a public acceptance of hatred against identifyable groups, and I could go on and on and on. Likewise I could never support terrorist attacks, targetting civilians as opposed to the military, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on.

Palestinian Muslims and Christians alike should have lives worth living, as should Israelies have lives that are safe and secure - but, the way things stand now, I could never say either side deserves it.
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 00:07
Mila, the reason Israel has these policies you speak of is because of the policies of its arab neighbors (wanting to destroy Israel, though they are constantly defeated each time they try) and the palestinians (suicide bombers blowing up themselves and innocent Isreali civilians).  Israel must do what it must do to survive, therefore, there is nothing wrong with its policies that assist in this goal.
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 00:15
Then by choosing a side you've cornered yourself. If the Arab reaction to the establishment of Israel is a justification for Israel's policies, then the process that established Israel - to the detriment of those already living on the territory - is justification for the Arab reaction.

If you're willing to support anyone's crimes, you must support them all. Anything less is racism, prejudice, etc.
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 00:37

You wrong. arabs took over the whole middle east. Palestinians can live in Jordan, in Liban, in Iraq or in Syria... Why they don't emigrate in those countries: afterall They are arab. so what is the problem?

Look at this empire, that's so huge.

Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 00:39
Originally posted by R_AK47

I defend Israel on this forum all the time and lately it seems that I am one of the only ones. 

@Ponce de Leon - Actually, Mullah Ganstar is correct, I think Iran/Persia may someday be an ally of Israel (if Iran experiences a regime change which is an eventual possibility I think, perhaps Zoroastrianism will return to Persia/Iran as well).  He is also right when he states that Israel has a right to exist.  It is good to see another member show support for Israel.

hope USA invades Iran as soon as possible....

Prince of Persia 2 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 03:20
U are a trator.
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 03:36
Originally posted by Komnenos

Originally posted by Maju

Well, sorry. I wouldn't have tolerated any of those fascists for a single second. That way I would not just save 6 million Jews, but I would also have saved many millions or other Europeans and would have kept Palestine in the hands of Palestinians - no matter their faith. Israel is racist. Death to Israel!
Unfortunaly there seems nobody on this forum to defend Israel and its people against nasty fascistoid verbal attacks like this.
Could you imagine the outcry when somebody advocated the destruction of Turkey, Greece or any other country with a lobby here.
So I assume it is okay to bash countries like Greece or Turkey since they have enough members here to defend themselves?

Also I wanted to give an alternative point of view.
Russians and USSR, Germans and Nazis, Iranians and Mullahs, Afghans and Taliban, Cambodians and Khmers, Jews and Israel DO NOT always stand side by side. When somebody is criticizing a country, he is not neccessarily lowering its people.

How is it possible to criticize and call names for ideologies like Nazism, Communism, etc etc, but not to use the same phrases for Zionism?

I was just wondering, why is that the case of Israel so sensitive that even debating over it leads to an dead-end.

One morething, let's look at a bigger picture. Let's not just read the words and draw conclusions, words have interprations and that's what was important specifically in this case.
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 03:50

this topic is closed

sorry , only a joke.another example for half-chocked ,infantile blabber at this forum.

sorry to use this terms. but who of you all has  visited a concentration camp, has seen a train ,where people were caged like cattle. who of you lost parts of your family ,cause they had the wong belief?

if there are some ,why you don't all shout out to stop this painful discussion.

every kind of prosecution , oprresion and extermination started with a rumour, a whisper, enviousness that someone used for his aims and makes a sureness out of a rumour.

if have to use these words ,cause to many of us try to stop these madness. i will compete against all kinds of racism , intollerance wheter it comes from the muslims,jews or catholics or bach-flower supporters.

every single individum on this planet has he right to exist , beside it doesn't accept this base of human cohabitation.

so - no death to israel (and  its neighbors) -and no death to maju ,lets try to show both the right way of peacefull coexistance.

Edited by ulrich von hutten

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>