Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OBL: West wars on Islam.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OBL: West wars on Islam.
    Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 18:27

The US supported Bin Laden- not as an Islamic jihadist but as a freedom fighter against the Soviets. Lets not beat about the bush. As it is OBL is just hot air- he cries everytime anything happens and thats it. He's dangerous and a n annoyance but he is really just a comedy act...

US supports whoevers good at the time, its politics. When youre a big boy you do more and make more mistakes. But its a cruel world and thats how life goes on.

As for WMD I'm still pissed about that, Britain shouldnt be in iraq if our Prime minister hadnt lied about them....

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 21:53

Osama Bin Laden and the likes of Jordanian Abdullah Azzam served other purposes that i feel have been overlooked. Namely these were lobbying of the Arab Islamic block to push forward anti-soviet propaganda, by depicting Arab muslims defending the faith through jihad against an evil state that wished to destroy it. Secondly, It was to encourage the dumb but rich Arab leadership, be it govts, sheiks or oil barons to cough up stupendous amount of money to partially underwrite the cost of the war. It is easier to say u r spending to help save muslims and islam then to say u r coughing up for other peoples war.

the money mind u was not as forth coming when the afghans alone were fighting. The bulk of the Arab money only came to flow in after American collusion.

Edited by malizai_
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 03:09

Originally posted by TeldeInduz

Do you know who is in that pic?

Probably Zbigniew and a pakistani soldier in some weapons demonstration. Given that he is only a diplomat, I would hardly say any real training is going on.
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 07:28
Originally posted by Dampier

US supports whoevers good at the time, its politics. When youre a big boy you do more and make more mistakes. But its a cruel world and thats how life goes on.

Cruel world or not - of course you'll say that, since you're not the one at the receiving end.  Afghanistan and Iraq are.  It's not your country or your people that are paying thehigh price for illegitimate wars.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 06:50

seems like many Arabs DO belive what Osama is saying about a war against Islamic world

latest Poll on aljazeera.net

the Question:  Do you Agree with Bin Laden that there is a Crusade on the Islamic world?

YES    82.8%         4 7072 votes

NO     17.2%          9791   votes

Totall votes:          56863 votes

poll was for three days from 25/4 to 28/4.

-----------------------------------------------------------

i guess that becase of the most of Muslims and arabs see from the un-neutral position of the West toward the Israeli/Palestinian issue and the War on Iraq and the possible wars against Iran and syria,

also the latest tensions in the EU toward their muslim population and their belives.

Edited by azimuth
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 15:44

Originally posted by Mira

Cruel world or not - of course you'll say that, since you're not the one at the receiving end.  Afghanistan and Iraq are.  It's not your country or your people that are paying thehigh price for illegitimate wars.

But Britain has been. And frankly i hate what the US does in most cases. And it is my people, British soldiers dying over a Prime Minister that lied (dont know if they tell you in the UAE but our Prime Minister lied us into the wars, the vast majority want nothing to do with the wars and it is a VERY big deal here). I know obviously this is not the same I'm was just saying (badly I'll admit!) that America has more to deal with and so has had to 'deal with the devil'. They made mistakes, as have all nations, costly mistakes.

Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 15:49

Originally posted by Mira

I realise that and on second thoughts my words seem exceptionally callous so I'd like to withdraw them.

However I would like to mention that Britain was dragged into this war by a Prime Minister who lied to us and betrayed us. British Soldiers die out there and the 7/7 bomb attacks on the London Underground also cost us, while obviously nothing to compare to what currently goes on in Afghanistan and Iraq its worth noting we have seen the effects.

TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 19:27

Originally posted by cattus

Do you know who is in that pic?

Probably Zbigniew and a pakistani soldier in some weapons demonstration. Given that he is only a diplomat, I would hardly say any real training is going on.

Come off it..A Pakistani soldier ..look again  

Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 22:26

You look again. It's clearly Zbigniew. Where is Osama Bin Ladin, and who does it look here is actually receiving a lesson about the weapon?
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 22:55

You look again. It's clearly Zbigniew. Where is Osama Bin Ladin, and who does it look here is actually receiving a lesson about the weapon?

Get real, that is OBL in all his glory. I know the wiki link you are referring to and the picture in the link.

The wiki link has been changed to Pakistani soldier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zbigniew_Brzezinski 

The picture names him as Bin Laden

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Brzezinski-BinLaden.jpg 

Are you seriously trying to tell me that is not OBL in the picture?

And why would an ordinary Pakistani soldier (who looks remarkably like Bin Laden) be getting a demonstration from a National Security advisor?

Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 23:49
why would Bin laden be in a Pakistani military uniform?

I've seen tons of photos of Bin laden,and that doesn't really look like him to me.

And why would an ordinary Pakistani soldier (who looks remarkably like Bin Laden) be getting a demonstration from a National Security advisor?

how do you now it's an ordinary soldier? The rank is not visible. The soldier could very wll be an officer, or even a general.
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 00:17

Originally posted by Illuminati

why would Bin laden be in a Pakistani military uniform?

I've seen tons of photos of Bin laden,and that doesn't really look like him to me.

how do you now it's an ordinary soldier? The rank is not visible. The soldier could very wll be an officer, or even a general.

Photos: Photographs by Philippe Ledru/Corbis Sygma. Larger one scanned from the Village Voice. The Village Voice web site does not have the photo. The smaller one is from a Polish web site, also seen in Spiegel. Former Friends: President Carters national security adviser ZbiGniew Brzezinski on his 1980 tour of the Afghan border. Bin Laden first went to Peshawar, Pakistan, here in these photos Brezezinski checks out bin Ladens gun on the border of Afghanistan in 1980.

Above is a quote from someone else. The "Pakistani soldier" has no stripes or stars so I doubt it's an officer or a general. If so what's his name?

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 00:58
The source and information is really unknown and is good reason why the name of the picture was changed. This copyright statement says exactly what I thought about OBLs size when I first saw the photo. He would have towered over a little guy like Zbigniew.

The copyright of this image is unknown, as is the original source. Until it can be verified, it should be treated skeptically. Furthermore, Bin Laden is gaunt and would tower at 6 foot 6 inches over Brzensnski. There is no evidence whatsoever that the stout Afghan-looking man is the gaunt, lanky Bin Laden.

Exaclty, there may still be a chance for you to connect the dots on this. Even if Brzezinski was qualified, I think he has better things to do than show college students like Osama how to shoot soviet weaponry.

This whole thing is ridiculous.
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 01:08

Exaclty, there may still be a chance for you to connect the dots on this. Even if Brzezinski was qualified, I think he has better things to do than show college students like Osama how to shoot soviet weaponry.

This whole thing is ridiculous.

My point if you connect the dots also, is that the US National Security Advisor isnt going to meet some ordinary Pakistani soldier. He's going to meet up with only a senior ranking official. The guy in the picture has no stars or stripes in the picture, but he's in regular Pakistani Army outfit. I doubt that Brzezinski is going to meet up with a Pakistani regular and have face to face talks with him.  Therefore, it's not a Pakistani regular. 

Edited by TeldeInduz
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 01:12
Brzezinski is simply being given an opportunity on his trip to shoot this weapon. This soldier obviously has alot of training with it. As I said.. who looks like they are doing the explaining and listening in the photo?
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 01:25

Brzezinski is simply being given an opportunity on his trip to shoot this weapon. This soldier obviously has alot of training with it. As I said.. who looks like they are doing the explaining and listening in the photo?

That's plausible. They might have just picked an Osama lookalike by coincidence. Though you can't judge height from those pictures.

Edited by TeldeInduz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123