Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who was the ancestor of Turkic tribes ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who was the ancestor of Turkic tribes ?
    Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 19:50
I wonder what was their relations with Ankarapidecisi?

"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 19:54

Guys, be serious!

Here the ancestor:

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 22:21

Welcome to this section, guys. It's been so boring....

Seriously, the ancestories of many nations, as well as Turkic,  are really multi-linial, rather than single-linial.

Either make a history or become a history.
Prince of Persia 2 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Prince of Persia 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 02:17
Alper tunga very similar to this guys.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 05:07
Originally posted by THE TURK

Guys, be serious!

Here the ancestor:

oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 05:11
Originally posted by barbar

Welcome to this section, guys. It's been so boring....

Seriously, the ancestories of many nations, as well as Turkic,  are really multi-linial, rather than single-linial.

totally agree!

Edited by oghuzkb
ALLAH gave us two books---Quran and Nature.        ---Jamaliddin Efghany
raygun View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote raygun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 11:21

Did the Turkic tribe came from the same ancestors as the Mongolic and Tungusic tribes?

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 11:44

No, Mongolic and Tungustic tribes were mainly from Dong Hu, while Turkic from Hun, Di and Indo european tribes. This is just a general picture. Huns had strong Dong Hu influence though.

AFG-PaShTuN View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AFG-PaShTuN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 10:03
Damn some of you guys have nice humor. 

Back to the topic, what century did the Yakuts live in? And i got one more question, did the Turks of ancient times spoke the same language as they do today? Eventhough the modern one is heavily influenced by Farsi/Parsi and Arabic. Also, i once heard that the Turkish language is close to Japanese language, is that true?

Regards
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 11:08

'Mongolic and Tungustic tribes were mainly from Dong Hu, while Turkic from Hun, Di and Indo european tribes'. Could you please explain more about Indo-Europeans who are counted as our ancestors (or relatives)?

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
AFG-PaShTuN View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AFG-PaShTuN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 11:17
I just noticed that, thankio Got Toruk.

I also have a feeling that Turks have a high ratio of Indo-European blood in them, so far the Turks that i have come across look nothing like Turks, in fact most look more Afghan than they do Turk, the hooked nose and long face, not too long, tall etc.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 00:21

Well, before Turkic migration, even before Hunnic period, Chinese records mentioned the the nothern kingdom as " shenmu guo", means deep socked eyed country.

During early period, Di people were called Chi Di, means red Di, who were related to the Jie. Later Jie, during Hunnic period, always described to have lighter skin, and high nose bridge. Jie Hun was realted to the Ashina Turks, and records shows that the kings of the Kok Tuks had light skin, and blue eyes.

During Jin period, there were big massacar agains the remnant Huns, they were killed according to their outer physical appreance difference, which was high nose bridge, there is still a cave in Shandong province, there is discription drawing of this event, and you can see clearly that these Hun people were high nose bridged, rather than Mongoloid.

Kirgiz people (Jian kun) were one of the ancient Turkic tribes, and they were recorded as yellow hair and blue eyed, and tall physical appreace.

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 12:11

Well, I was just qouting what my friend said; I don't believe Turks are Indo-Europeans relative (if we suppose a part of our background goes to them). Anyhow, Uzbeks and Turkmens and a percentage o Hazaras are Turkic; but they don't look like the way you described. Thanks for your post anyhow.

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 12:20

Thanks for your reply 'qartash'. I should say, I've wondered these sentences in Chinese sources too. It's quite amazing to both of us, considering we're Turkic (not Turkish). Anyhow, I'm going to point out another interesting case in Russian sources when talking about Slavic people. I've seen this claim many times in their books when they talk about a specific Slavic tribe (I can't remember the name; but I'll check it up soon), they point to people who are exactly Kyrkizes. I was wondering what this might have got to do with Chinese sentences.

I think, we need more proofs; especially when talking about Chinese way of telling history which is not that much well-known.

oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 17:47

1,Excavated Hun bodys from ice-caves in Altay mountain and from the burials in inner mongolia(north china) show that Hun people are very tall,some even reach 2 meter hight.And they have brown hair,deep eyes.

2,Historical documents of Empire of the great khan(Yuan dynasty) show that palace mongol polititions ranked people in four categories in the kingdom,and they executed somehow racist police according this idealogy,they are:

First ranked:Mongol people;

Second: other people who believe in Buddah-lama branch,like tibet and other mongolian people like Manju;

Third: Renglik kozlukler( coloured eyed people) like Uighur and other Turkish people;

Fourth:Chinese people.

Here is very clear:they(Mongol officials) regarded turkish people as colour-eyed people.

3,Sir Aurel Stein mentioned that he had seen some Uighur people with blue eyes and yellow hairs at that time,and he added if those people go to Europe,europians can not figure them out.

You may wander why present day,some turkish people are so much like Mongolian? my answer is as below:

there are two mongolian people invaded central asia even to east europe from 10th century onwards.one is Khitan ,another is Mongol.but we cannot find any mongol people who is currently living central asian countries and south part of east turkistan.And there is no any trace of Khitan people who once defeated Kharahanies,and built a kingdom mainly in present east Turkistan.So where are they,disappeared? not possible.Since they were really nomads,therefore simply were assimilated by Turkish,especially after they are forced to converted to islam.By the way,from Encyclopedia of Britannica I found that most of the Khitan people merged modern Kyrgyz(Volume 26,28).

Here as a reference,I would like to add common genetic knowldge: yellow hair gene is much weaker than brown and dark hair genes,if yellow haired one have a child with dark haired one,the childs hair is most likely dark hair.

I think by this assuption we can explain why there are blue,green,mostly brown eyed and yellow-brown haired people as well as dark eyed dark haired people among centural asian turks.If you go to East Turkistan,you can easly tell Uighurs from mongolian people.

In sum,the ancestor of Turks is different from Mongol people.It is probabely like caucasian.

Edited by oghuzkb
raygun View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote raygun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2006 at 03:00

Hmm... But both ancestors of Turkic and Mongolic tribes were claimed to be from the Lake Baykal region, yes? Then why were they so different in apperence?

Which people right now personifies the Turkic characteristics 1000 years ago? Do the Turks in Turkey show that? Or the Kazahks and Uygurs?

Can we assume the Turkic people must have a pure generic look back then (not mixed mongol-turkic or what have you)?

oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2006 at 16:22
Originally posted by raygun

Hmm... But both ancestors of Turkic and Mongolic tribes were claimed to be from the Lake Baykal region, yes? Then why were they so different in apperence?

no ,its different.Turks originated from Altay region,Mongolic people from east part of Onun river(Heilong jiang)  and Ussuri river,mainly from north part of Korean peninsula.All mongolic people expand from exactly same place.

Which people right now personifies the Turkic characteristics 1000 years ago? Do the Turks in Turkey show that? Or the Kazahks and Uygurs?

I would rather say Turks in Turky, Ozbeks and Uighurs in southern east turkistan show that characters,cause these people less got influenced.

Can we assume the Turkic people must have a pure generic look back then (not mixed mongol-turkic or what have you)?

sure.I can not figure out lot of our people from Afghan people,so I think Turkic people have IE generic look.

raygun View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote raygun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2006 at 20:51

Thanks for your reply oghuzkb. No wonder when I see Turks in my country, they have a more "caucasian" look for lack of a better word.

Also, I suprised that the Mongols came from the Onun river area. That's where the Tungusic people like the Jurgens originated, if I'm not wrong. Maybe they are related, yes?

oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2006 at 06:53

Thanks for your reply oghuzkb. No wonder when I see Turks in my country, they have a more "caucasian" look for lack of a better word.

You welcome:-)

Also, I suprised that the Mongols came from the Onun river area. That's where the Tungusic people like the Jurgens originated, if I'm not wrong. Maybe they are related, yes?

yes,you are right,they are related,Jurgens,khitans,mongols and Manjurs are more or less originated from same place.they wear same traditional clothes,say similar language.Ethinically we call them as Tungusic people instead of Mongolic.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2006 at 07:01

where are you from? Myself also dont believe we are mongolic as the mongolians are, maybe a sub-branche of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>