Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3 Turk groups hardly ever spoken about.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 Turk groups hardly ever spoken about.
    Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 01:03
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
TRK DNYASI Forum, join today.
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 01:07

I always knew about the Ahiska Turks but never had an idea that there were so many of them.  The web site mentions about 630 thousand of them.  But yet they are never mentioned and you wont even find them when looking through a list of Turk groups.  The last two, the Karay and Chulym, it really looks as though they wont be around much longer, in about 50yrs. those groups will probably be extinct, all we can do is educate our selve sand learn as much as we can about them.  Then teach our children of them, keep their name alive, I don't see anything else we can do to save them.

For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
Suevari View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Spammer

Quote Suevari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 06:14
A good post Feramez.  There are countless Turkic peoples who are dying out partially due to prolonged isolation and persecution (primarily by the USSR) as well as many dying Finnic tribes such as the Livonians and Ingrians.  Karelians to a lesser extent but the future isn't exactly bright for them either...

Map showing the Russian-occupied Baltic Finnic lands.

Source: http://www.hunmagyar.org/turan/finnu/nwfinn.html
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 10:15
Hi feramez I'm an Ahiska Turk.
the reason why you almost never have heard of us is that we're exiled from our land.  Ahiska is no more. every time my grandfather talks about what happend he starts to crie. all I understand is those communist bastards.

the ahiska or Meskhetian turks were exiled 3 times from there lands I think the reason for that was according to the russian goverment that the Meskhs were spy's for the ottomans. i read in an article about an Ahiska turk who fought in The kurtulus savasi when he returnd to his beloved land there was no one not a man woman or chiled. the towns where dissurted. Than he started to crie and that happend 80 years ago.

sorry I get carried away some Times

The reason why you don't have heard about the ahiska turks is because they mixed with other turkic people after there exile there still proud to be Meskhetian. The lucky one's could escape to Turkey and azerbaycan. Those who were not so luck were deported to central asia with train. Most of them didn't survive the journey.

But lat the past be the past and focus on the future.

Edited by xi_tujue - 21-May-2006 at 06:55
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 20:39
Yes I know, today there was a Turk Parade in New York, and I saw a surprisngly good amount of Ahiska Turks there.  I didn't know they had any organziations here in America.
-Ziya Gokalp-
selam View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote selam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 23:31
do you have any pics of that parade ,fermez !!
I will be very greatful if you put some of them in a thread !!
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 00:43
When I get them developed I will.  But If I remember right most of the pics are of just floats, I don't remember what I really took pics of since I was mainly there to hand out flyers.  We'll see though in a couple days.
-Ziya Gokalp-
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 14:59
Originally posted by xi_tujue

Hi feramez I'm an Ahiska Turk.
the reason why you almost never have heard of us is that we're exiled from our land.  Ahiska is no more. every time my grandfather talks about what happend he starts to crie. all I understand is those communist bastards.

You must have been some people to be deported three times. The russians obviously saw u as a real threat.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2006 at 09:00
yeah you can put it that way the mesk's saw the ottoman empire as there own land as there own empire Turks for turks. the russians tried to everythin bribe treats nothing worked so exile them trice 2 times in the Turco-russian war who lasted 237 years i think I one time whit the communist regime. sorry for replying so late

btw yes we were spying we were sabotaging
like my grandfather sais those communist bastards
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 23:01

russians(stalin) deported us (ahiska Turks ) becouse ahiska is near the turkish russian border that was the reason by the way when you are reffering ahiskan turks dont call them meskethians meskethia is the name of the area in georgian it is georgian state ideology which call us meskethians and they say we are georgians who converted to islam which is not true ahiskan turks are the only ethnic minority which has been called turks in soviet union and the only ethnic minority that can not go back to their homeland (chechens,criemean turksand Karachai turks return)after the fergana massacre ahiskan turks deported to krasnodar region in russia but russian goverment did not accept them in 2004 i guess some of the ahiskan turks accepted by usa they live in pennslvania   lets not forgot to past while they are making up stories of past  we have to tell about the real massacre of crimean turks ahiskan turk and uygur turks

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 23:10

just an info the soldier who came back from war was in the world war 2 he fought for soviet union against germans and soviets killed his parents and deport rest of his family yes they gave him a medallion for saving russians in stalingrad and send him to siberia as well the biggest deportation was in second world war they deported all ahiskan turks to either central asia or siberia the last deportation was in 1989 the ahiskan turk who lived in fergana walley in ozbekistan massacred by their own brothers and has to flea either krgyz republik or azerbaijan

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2006 at 10:07
There also a lot of ahiska Turks in Turkey mostly just over the border an there is a group in Konya . My Great grandfather setteld in Eleskirt in Agri densly populated with Kurds. 

BTW is verry nice to meet a other Ahiska Turk selam Brother
leyland View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote leyland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 14:35

Salam everyone. Good to read all of your posts, I'm glad I discovered the forum.  Going back to the resettlement program that US Department of State initiated for Ahiska Turks, which yalbuzdag mentions. I'm working with the community here, in Pennsylvania since 2004. I'm an Ahiska Turk as well, my greetings to the other two here - we share the same history, a very unique one. The history of three, for some more, migrations in one century, the cause being our ethnic identity.

What Ahiskans went through while in Krasnodar, Russia is basically neglect, violations of basic human rights and an overt discrimination against the whole community, often with bursts of violence. Ahiskans are getting support from the US government at this point, and the community is spread all over the states, it's growing and I'm sure pretty soon they'll be doing, and some already are, very well in the new country.  There are around 12000 Ahiskans already here, but it's a handful in comparison to the whole community.

What upsets me the most about the current state of things with our people is that we're now spread all over the world, probably more than ever. Family ties and values are one of the most important aspects of our culture, and nevertheless, besides living all over the US, Turkey and various regions in Russia, our people are also in Uzbekistan, Kazahstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Latvia, Ukraine.. who knows where else. Since the nature of my work is actually within the Ahiskan community, I get a lot of information on that, as you see. Also, now Georgia comes to the play with the Georgian government trying to get to EU and fulfilling the obligations to repatriate us in Georgia. Now the question is how many of Ahiska Turks will actually move back to the land of our ancestors? It's hard to predict what is going to happen next, but more and more I see the tendency to be settling in Turkey of course, many are trying to get their families to here, but the family reunification program in the States is still very limited. However, supporting Ahiskans coming to Turkey with administrative support through local Dernegs, there is really no social program in place in the country to accept large numbers of Ahiskans. I know that community in Turkey is trying to advocate in front of the Turkish government for improved social infrastructure to support the new comers.. which might be a different topic, and I apologize if I went off the topic here.. Any feedback is appreciated!

ps- www.ahiskaturks.blogspot.com some pics from the community life here.
may peace prevail on earth
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 14:40
leyland welcome aboard, some interesting points you made anyway wish you good luck with your tough job ;)
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 14:46
hosgeldin bacim Welcome sister hope to see more post from you and share you knowledge

Edited by xi_tujue - 05-Jun-2006 at 14:51
 Post Reply Post Reply