Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkish 1980 coup d’eta

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkish 1980 coup d’eta
    Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 08:18

Before the constituion referandum of 1982, Kenan Evren made a comment about the 1980 coup d'etat:

''If we had not done this cop d'etat,those(anarchists) would have changed the name of Taksim Square to Red Square.''

Edited by TheDiplomat
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2006 at 13:10
I wish he and his men goes to hell and see what is the red there.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2006 at 19:50
Turkey is one of a very few countries in the middle east which is trying to truly modernize itself and has been improving its relations with all neighboors.  Barring the accident with the Greek fighter plane(this looks more like military prowess on the part of both armies), relations b/w the two have been improving from an economic and political point of view.  However, Turkey has been unable to control inflation and attract sufficient investment (long term) to really sustain a modern economy.  This, in their defense, may be due to the volatile region in which their located in (Iraq, middle east etc..) and the continued struggle with the Kurds in the south east
Attila2 View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Attila2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2006 at 18:13

I have to make something clear

Please dont say "pre 80s was a good era but after the coup it just became worse".Anyone with a little moral value would definately agree that an era of "anarchy" in which aproximately 30 people being killed is not any better than an era of opression with full of executions.

if being politic requires to fight and kill people who opposes you,damn,then I am the most "tikkiest" apolitic guy ever!
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2006 at 18:56
There wouldn't be a coup if everything was perfect.

But that cannot justify Kenan Evren.

By the way, anarchy doesn't mean chaos. That's Sleyman Demirel's definition.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2006 at 03:31
I wanted to know if they were the same sunni extremists kotumeyil mentioned.
They are some lunatics like aczumendis, plus kurds are mainly sunni. (So kurdish hizbullah)
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2006 at 07:02
thanks mortaza, i realized after that post i was a little way off topicEmbarrassed
Attila2 View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Attila2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2006 at 20:49
Originally posted by barish

By the way, anarchy doesn't mean chaos. That's Sleyman Demirel's definition.

well as you may see I used the word anarchy in " "s  to avoid being misunderstood by the ones who take it as a scientific term instead  of a governmental issue.I mean I used the general meaning which most of the people would get,not the scientific/philosophic one.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2006 at 21:39
Sorry, my mistake. I am a little bit sensitive about that.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2006 at 15:24

The Communists were the defeated in Turkey for three main reason's.

1.)The movement was led by a small group of elitists and wasn't a movement of the masses which struck a chord with the working class.

2.)Communism is athiest, preaching about how crap religion is to the very people your trying to convince to join you isn't a smart move when those people have quite a strong faith and belief.

3.)They never carried the Turkish flag, the flag is important to the people, nobody wanted to be a little puppet under the Soviets, which the people considered merely as "Russians". They just fought a World War against the Russians and a hundred year before that, did these Communists actually believe people would go, hey you know what let's just let them rule us now, I mean jeez common. Carrying the Red Flag was a serious mistake, ignoring the feelings of the people was a serious mistake, not being able to realise that the majority of the people are quite partriotic was a big mistake.

A common lie propogated by Commi's was that Soviets had helped Turkey in its independance war. Another ridiculous and outrageous lie, the Bukhara Turkistan Republic and the people of the Turkistan region spectacularly raised 59 million Ottoman Gold pieces and an additional 400 kilo's of gold, to help their Turk brethren. However, there were no safe routes to transport such a huge amount. A deal was struck with Lenin, he was convinced to allow the transport on the Russian railway but took a large cut for his use. In addition to this many, many Turkistani's went to help what was to become modern day Turkey, the Ozbekler Tekkesi in Istanbul was a key point from which weaponry was smuggled out of the city to the revolutionaries.

This history is only recently being examined, thanks to the collapse of the Soviet Union and the closeness which is occuring between the Turkic republics.

There are no racist-fascist officially recognised parties today in Turkey, so all this whining is quite hilarious.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2006 at 17:40
Originally posted by Bulldog

The movement was led by a small group of elitists and wasn't a movement of the masses which struck a chord with the working class.

The movement was led by worker unions. I don't know what you are talking about. What "elites"?

Originally posted by Bulldog

A common lie propogated by Commi's was that Soviets had helped Turkey in its independance war.

It's widely known fact. And not only communists.

Everybody agrees there was a Soviet support to Turkish liberation movement.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12