Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fav Metal band and songs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fav Metal band and songs
    Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 14:32
I have always been prejudiced towards Led Zeppelin. Listening to Himsa, Slayer and Cradle of Filth in one day would likely make me drouzy when listening to something of the sort like Led. You probably have to be a fan for years before to have a nostalgic feeling when listening to it.

I also can't stand when people make horns during something like Led, or Deep Purple, comeone people, there's no connection between the two. You can't really "rock on" with music like such.
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
doom boy View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote doom boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 08:33
na i listen to slipknot, godsmack and papa roach
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 13:44
Himsa is the new deal, "Hail Horror" everyone.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
RajputGirl View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote RajputGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2006 at 14:18

Megadeth: peace sells...but who's buying

You mean I was only 3 when that song came out?   Shocked 

I fell in love with that song when I heard it in 8th grade for the first time back in 96......I still don't get tired of it. ;)  

King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2006 at 15:43
It's a three way tie:

Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild
Iced Earth - Attila
Falconer - Jack the Knife (my new favorite song)

(got really into European Power Metal recently due to my friend Byzantine Emperor that's where the Falconer comes from, thanks dude).

Edited by King John - 30-Dec-2006 at 15:46
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2006 at 15:48
Metalica and Nine Inch Nails.

I am a recent convert to metal music.
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2006 at 16:13
     Ah Peace Sells....Rust in Peace is hands down Megadeth's best album, though. Possibly my favorite album of all time. Dave Mustaine drops some amazing guitar solos on that disc.

Kalevipeog, if you haven't listened to Tool, give the album Undertow a try.

I can't believe no one mentioned Pantera! Dimebag Darrell's (see signature below) guitar riffs are legendary from album to album. Cowboys from Hell, Vulgar Display of Power and Far Beyond Driven are 3 albums which are gems in the heavy metal genre. Great guitar work and incredible drumming. The lyrics are also very good.

Edited by ArmenianSurvival - 30-Dec-2006 at 16:14
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2006 at 16:19
Pantera is great especially live but there are better bands musically like Dream Theater. Don't get me wrong I love Pantera and if you asked me the same question a few years ago I would have responded with Pantera but as I have gotten older I have acquired a taste for more operatic/symphonic metal.
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2006 at 16:27
     Pantera isn't my favorite band, I was simply surprised no one mentioned them. They are very close to my heart though. A continual source of energy, if you will Wink

Edited by ArmenianSurvival - 30-Dec-2006 at 16:29
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2006 at 12:15
Manowar is my favorite band. Warriors of the World is kind of an anthem for me.
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Dan Carkner View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2006 at 13:07
My favorite metal bands are Cryptopsy (Canadian Death metal band, really hilarious songs in a way), Death, and Celtic Frost.

i'm glad to see metal is being appreciated on this board!  Hey, has anyone ever heard of this style called Oriental Metal?  Haha..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oriental_metal
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 14:13
Favorite metal band and song? Ah! Too many to choose. I'll pick my top three, however.

Tyr- Viking metal band from the Faroe Islands (province of Denmark, I think)
Favorite Song: The Edge
you can listen to the song on Tyr's myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/tyr1

Falkenbach- Blackened Folk/Viking metal from Germany
Favorite Song: Walhall or Heathen Foray (can't decide between the two)

Mithotyn- Viking/Folk metal from Sweden
Favorite Song: Chariot of Power
You can listen to this song on their myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/mithotyn

As you can tell, I really like Viking and Folk metal!
There are plenty of other bands that could just have easily been on this list, like Ensiferum, Forefather, Darkthrone, Immortal, and many others, but I limited myself to three.

A great website to learn about metal bands is http://www.metal-archives.com

Enter and learn!

Edited by Adalwolf - 02-Jan-2007 at 14:16
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 18:41
Metallica of course.I also like Manowar and bulgarian metal band Epizod.

My favourite songs are:
1.Master of Puppets
2.Unforgiven
3.Last March(BG)
4.Master of the wind

BTW Led Zepelin and Guns'n Roses arent heavy metal bands.
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2007 at 09:42
Rammstein; 'their blend of industrial noise, grinding metal guitars, and operatic vocals is staggeringly powerful':

Mutter - Ich Will - Nebel - Feuer Frei - Sonne - Keine Lust - Hilf Mir - Stirb nicht vor mir - Spring - Mann gegen Mann - Benzin
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2007 at 12:09
A correction of my post from April 27 2006. I have started listening to Led Zeppelin and have started to love it.

O yes, Pantera, i have the original albums "Vulgar display of Power", "Far beyond driven". Unique stuff, noone can misplace Anselmos vocals in a song.

Finntroll is powerful - even if its scandinavian, it connects alittle with my Estonian sense of romantical history and the ancient times of my people.
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2007 at 14:13
Originally posted by Krum

Metallica of course.I also like Manowar and bulgarian metal band Epizod.

My favourite songs are:
1.Master of Puppets
2.Unforgiven
3.Last March(BG)
4.Master of the wind

BTW Led Zepelin and Guns'n Roses arent heavy metal bands.

Great you like Manowar too... Master of the Wind is my current favorite song they got... starts soft and gets heavy at times its almost like a poem. Swords in the Wind is another great song too.
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2007 at 14:45
For me it's all about south European power metal. Bands like Rhapsody, Fairyland, Dark Moor, White Skull, Dreamaker, Luca Turilli, Highlord etc. are what mostly sound in my headphones and I believe there is something unique and characteristic with the power metal from this region. Other bands I enjoy listening to are Manowar, Blind Guardian, Freedom Call, Falconer and Nightwish (their early albums).
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 03:27
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

Ah Peace Sells....Rust in Peace is hands down Megadeth's best album, though. Possibly my favorite album of all time. Dave Mustaine drops some amazing guitar solos on that disc.

Kalevipeog, if you haven't listened to Tool, give the album Undertow a try.

I can't believe no one mentioned Pantera! Dimebag Darrell's (see signature below) guitar riffs are legendary from album to album. Cowboys from Hell, Vulgar Display of Power and Far Beyond Driven are 3 albums which are gems in the heavy metal genre. Great guitar work and incredible drumming. The lyrics are also very good.

Yes, Rust in Peace was agreat album. However the greater solos were by Marty FriedmanWink. See Hangar 18

Pantera was a great group. Poor DimebagCry See Cemetery Gates

I also like good old Iron Maiden: The Trooper
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
gremlinlord View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote gremlinlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 22:28
Mmm, I don't really have an absolute favorite...I like anything by Sonata Arctica, and most of the songs by Nightwish, Stratovarius, and Hammerfall, but I suppose my current three favorites for this week that are not by those bands would be:

1. Well, okay, I lied; I've been listening to Abandoned, Pleased, Brainwashed, Exploited by Sonata Arctica a ton in the last couple of days, but only because Winterheart's Guild is the most recent album of theirs I've aquired.

2. Within Temptation--It's The Fear

3. Theater of Tragedy--Starlight

4. Wintersun--Death and the Healing, and the beginning of Beyond the Dark Sun is worth mentioning, the first 40 seconds or so, before the screaming starts, because I'm not a huge fan of death metal, etc...

I've been a huge fan of symphonic/melodic metal for a couple years now, especially from Scandinavia, but I do like others as well, like Rhapsody, Freedom Call, Helloween, and Iced Earth. And of course Pantera, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dream Theater...the list goes on and on.
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 13:25
Here are some clips of bulgarian rock bands Epizod,Ahat and BTR.

Epizod:
A Prayer for Bulgaria
Tsar Ivan Shishman
Asparuh

Ahat - Black Sheep

BTR - Salvation
BTR - Diamond and Glass
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>