Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Last Eurovision Thread (Go Armenia!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Last Eurovision Thread (Go Armenia!)
    Posted: 30-Mar-2006 at 20:39
M Y  L A S T  EUROVISION  T H R E A D
DJAMILA'S TOP 10

1. "Without Your Love" - Andre, ARMENIA

I like this song mainly because of the instruments and the beat. It's very Balkan, but foreign enough that is still sounds exotic. It takes a special kind of Christian, in my mind, to have such rhythm and such an understanding of the types of beats women need to make the best movements. This song, lyrically, is very weak but it's still gorgeous and I hope it wins.

2. "Evighet" - Carola, Sweden

I like this song mainly because of Carola's voice. It's strong but also raspy and little harsh, the type of female singing voice I love most. The song is a bit cliche musically but her voice just carries above it all for me. A very beautiful song!

3. "Lejla" - Hari Mata Hari, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hajrudin Varesanovic has the voice of an angel and this song, as the reviews have always mentioned, just screams "Bosnia". The lyrics are tragic and heartbreaking, the music perfect, and Hajrudin's performance is controlled by still beautiful.

4. "Ninanajna" - Elena Risteska, Macedonia

Elena is beautiful, sensual, and has a deep and powerful Balkan voice. Her voice, like Sweden's Carola, is what attracts me to this song the most - more than the "Allah'u'Akber" engraved golden crescent earrings that I know are made in Sarajevo she's wearing in the video. This video I think comes from a Balkan passion and sexuality that western and northern Europe really don't have much of.

5. "Show me your love" - Tina Karol, Ukraine

Again, it's the voice. This is a stupid, fun song to dance to and I love the folk music mixed with the dance music. The lyrics are, again, very Eastern - "I love it when you cross the line, that's why I came", etc. It's just a very good song and although it probably wouldn't be famous outside of Eurovision, it'd be something played in the clubs that you'd know of and enjoy dancing to.

6. "Everything" - Anna Vissi, Greece

Anna Vissi's song is one of the only ones that I know would do well without Eurovision. It's a typical, everyday ballad but it's one of the best in that genre. The lyrics are nice and her performance is perfect.

7. "Congratulations Iceland" - Silvia Nott, Iceland

"Hey God? Wassup dawg! It's your favorite person in whole world!" Silvia has to be one of the most interesting and comically arrogant contestants ever to enter the Eurovision Song Contest. The lyrics of her song are hilarious and the English performance will probably place much higher than 7 with Eurovision voters. Personally I like the musical and lyrical arrangement of the song and if it wasn't a joke song, I'd seriously listen to it.

8. "Hard Rock Hallelujah" - Lordi, Finland

Finland has been sending rock entries lately and this one is one of the better ones they've sent. It's pop enough that I can bear it, but hard rock enough that it's interesting and fun to listen to and sing along with.

9. "Sense Tu" - Jennifer, Andorra

The French language is very compatible with singing and Jennifer has a deep and powerful voice that just makes it sexier more than campier. The song is arranged nicely. It's nice to listen to and enjoy a flask.

10. "Superstar" - Sibel Tuzun, Turkey

Sibel is more of a biker chick than a Scandinavian blonde so this song doesn't really suit her. At first I found it annoying but the more I listen the more I like it. It's like an Eastern Swedish song, really, and the Turkish language is very nice to listen to. It deserves a Top 10 finish unless she sings in English at the final.

That's it, my top 10. Let me know what you think of these songs - especially Armenia's entry - or share a top 10 of your own.

Edited by Mila
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 01:40
I think all of them are horrible...with regards to the Armenian one...it's horrible...the only thing he does is sing the same lyrics in accented English that I couldnt understand, has some flashy pictures irrelevant to his song and has somehow perverted classical Armenian music...the best part of the song was the part where he didnt sing, in the middle of the clip...that part of the music is actually a famous Armenian dance, so nothing original, just another copycat.

3/10

Edited by mamikon
Neoptolemos View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Neoptolemos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 02:45
Originally posted by mamikon

I think all of them are horrible...with regards to the Armenian one...it's horrible...the only thing he does is sing the same lyrics in accented English that I couldnt understand, has some flashy pictures irrelevant to his song and has somehow perverted classical Armenian music...the best part of the song was the part where he didnt sing, in the middle of the clip...that part of the music is actually a famous Armenian dance, so nothing original, just another copycat.

3/10

LOL don't be so harsh on them, after all it's just eurovision.

I'll anounce the results of the Greek televoting shortly! Let me listen to the last couple of songs first.
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Neoptolemos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 04:02
OK, here we go. The televoting process is over, we counted the votes and here are the results from beautiful Greece!

Andorra: 4 points...   Why I think that the song is Spanish and not French???
FYROM: 5 points...   The nananinanajna thing is smart. If you want to get more points find an appropriate name for your country... j/k
Ukraine: 6 points   Good for the clubs. Was that supposed to be bouzouki???
Greece: 7 points   Anna's voice has to compensate for the poor lyrics. She may do well, but I don't like the song...
Our 8 points go to... we don't give 8 points because we have a draw! (trying to be politically correct here...) So...
Armenia: 10 points!   I like the music. Armenia may be this year's surprise!
Turkey: 10 points!   Nice music, nice ...voice. When you hear it from Sibel even turkish sounds beautiful! (just teasing the neighbours). I think she'd better sing the turkish version.

And the 12 points go to.........
tarararam.........................
Bosna i Hercegovina!!! I realy liked the music. Mila, I have to confess that I am sick of seeing those Hari Mata Hary guy's eyes, but after listening to the song I let you keep your sig

And for those who wonder about Sweden's, Iceland's and Finland's scores, give Sweden 3 points and let the other two fight for the one point...

poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 04:18
Anna Vissi has a great voice, beats the T & A of typical trashy dancing.
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 04:24
The Armenian video is best in general, with excellent voice and performance.
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 10:29
Originally posted by Neoptolemos

OK, here we go. The televoting process is over, we counted the votes and here are the results from beautiful Greece!

Andorra: 4 points...   Why I think that the song is Spanish and not French???
FYROM: 5 points...   The nananinanajna thing is smart. If you want to get more points find an appropriate name for your country... j/k
Ukraine: 6 points   Good for the clubs. Was that supposed to be bouzouki???
Greece: 7 points   Anna's voice has to compensate for the poor lyrics. She may do well, but I don't like the song...
Our 8 points go to... we don't give 8 points because we have a draw! (trying to be politically correct here...) So...
Armenia: 10 points!   I like the music. Armenia may be this year's surprise!
Turkey: 10 points!   Nice music, nice ...voice. When you hear it from Sibel even turkish sounds beautiful! (just teasing the neighbours). I think she'd better sing the turkish version.

And the 12 points go to.........
tarararam.........................
Bosna i Hercegovina!!! I realy liked the music. Mila, I have to confess that I am sick of seeing those Hari Mata Hary guy's eyes, but after listening to the song I let you keep your sig

And for those who wonder about Sweden's, Iceland's and Finland's scores, give Sweden 3 points and let the other two fight for the one point...

Hahaha - thanks. And your post was fun to read. I never knew your people had a sense of humor.
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 10:31
Originally posted by poirot

Anna Vissi has a great voice, beats the T & A of typical trashy dancing.

I agree! I think Greece will place very highly with Eurovision voters. I read one review where they said "Greece sent a ballad because after the Olympics and everything else, Athens can't afford to host two Eurovisions in a row." . But I love the song. I don't like that she goes back to her cheating man, but I mean... it is the Balkans. And her voice is so nice!
dirtnap View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote dirtnap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 12:25
Originally posted by Mila

MY LAST EUROVISION THREAD

Yeah, sure. And I am giving up drinking water...

Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 1821)

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 12:45
Originally posted by dirtnap

&nbs p;   Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 1821)

Hahaha. No! Really. I am good with keeping my word when I truly commit it, and I do.
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 13:08
Am i the only one to be with a mind advanced enough to know, before listening to any song, that they all suck on all grounds and have no other purpose then giving fake smiles to the viewers??? 

We have yet another foreigner singing for us, a second singer of Swedish nationality in three years - o but atleast she is eyecandy enough to keep your eyes peeled when she is singing. Damn, i don't even remember the song Estonia has.
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
dirtnap View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote dirtnap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 15:35

&nbs p;
Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 1821)

Hahaha. No! Really. I am good with keeping my word when I truly commit it, and I do.

I am sure that is true, I was just playing...

Colonel
Colonel

Quote Neoptolemos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 17:42

Hahaha - thanks. And your post was fun to read. I never knew your people had a sense of humor.

Yeah, you're right. We don't have a sence of humour; we have many!

& ;nbs p;   Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 1821)

Oh c'mon! I was hopping that you'd organise a eurovision party at the night of the final
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2006 at 16:50
     Mila, thank you for that Andre video  He's like an Armenian Ricky Martin. I agree with mamikon, although I'm familiar with Eurovision so I wasn't expecting a musical masterpiece (as kavelipoeg explained).

I don't know how he gets around Armenia with that hair on his chin. Over there, a man with a goatie or hair on the chin is seen as "one who gives women oral sex", which in turn, makes you less of a man in their eyes (it is said that the goatie is used as a stimulant during the oral pleasure). Sorry, I just had to explain, it was bugging me
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2006 at 17:55
ArmenianSurvival do you by any chance know what the dance used in the Armenian video is called?

Edited by mamikon
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2006 at 18:13
     Even though I've heard it thousands of times, I had to find a cd to remember the name...its Kochari

Edit: Damnit, its Ververi. I keep listening to both songs and I'm changing my mind everytime lol.

Edited by ArmenianSurvival

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2006 at 18:21
I think he should have done something in Armenian. 
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2006 at 18:23
     Ya I was really surprised that he was singing in English. It would've introduced many people to the Armenian language, since many people have never heard it, plus poetry/lyrics in the Armenian language are so deep that its impossible for English to capture the essence of it. The only good thing singing it in English will do is win the hearts of teenage girls across Europe lol

Edited by ArmenianSurvival

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2006 at 18:59
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

Ya I was really surprised that he was singing in English. It would've introduced many people to the Armenian language, since many people have never heard it, plus poetry/lyrics in the Armenian language are so deep that its impossible for English to capture the essence of it. The only good thing singing it in English will do is win the hearts of teenage girls across Europe lol

Anfører
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2006 at 19:01
I prefer Hari Mata.
Anfører
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>