Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is the tomato really a fruit? Hell no!@!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
Author
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is the tomato really a fruit? Hell no!@!!!!
    Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 10:41
haha!
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 00:22
Ponce...I am sending you a tomato and cheese pie....be careful!
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 00:25
You would! But then again getting apple pie time this time around would be awsome. Dont forget to give some cans of whip cream!

Edited by Ponce de Leon - 31-Oct-2007 at 00:25
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 00:32
lol...you will never quit, will ya? You can believe that it is apple....but it is in fact tomatoes.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 04:43
But a more important question, do you eat it with a fork or a spoon?
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 10:45
lol...with spork...spoon/fork. LOL
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 16:30
A fork of course.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 17:09
Poncey, whats the craic anyway?
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 19:22
Originally posted by The Canadian Guy

lol...with spork...spoon/fork. LOL

They exist:

Snow%20Peak%20Titanium%20Spork

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 19:40

I give up.... sometimes, no matter how hard I try, I simply can't understand "gringo" humour LOL. But 20 pages of something I don't understand really has boosted my inferiority complex Big%20smile

(I really can't get why a tomato is so funny... at least it has some sexual second meaning I can't grasp)

Edited by pinguin - 31-Oct-2007 at 19:42
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 21:19

I dont know Pinquin. Gringo is hard to define. Perhaps gringoism means those with a whimsical turn of mind meaning fanciful; amusing; capricious and all that. These tomatoes are slippery so we have to use our sense of the absurd to defeat them.

Example of whimsical
Strolling down Disney World's Main Street is bound to put child and grown-up alike in a whimsical mood.
After announcing a determination to play serve-and-volley, whatever the event, the ultimate professional then proceeded to work chiefly from the baseline for five sets to defeat that whimsical artist Miloslav Mecir in the final of the Stuttgart Classic exhibition tournament here on Saturday.

whimsical  adjective

given to whimsy or fanciful notions; capricious: a pixyish, whimsical fellow.

of the nature of or proceeding from whimsy, as thoughts or actions: Her writing showed whimsical notions of human behavior.

Erratic; unpredictable: He was too whimsical with regard to his work.

[Origin: 164555; whims(y) + -ical]  

whimsy also whimsey

noun

An impulsive, often illogical turn of mind: bee, boutade, caprice, conceit, fancy, freak, humor, impulse, megrim, notion, vagary, whim. Idioms: bee in one's bonnet. See thoughts.

A fanciful or fantastic creation in writing or art.

the trait of acting more from whim or caprice than from reason or judgment
  Synonyms: flightiness, arbitrariness, whimsicality, whimsey, capriciousness

Translations for: Whimsy

Dansk (Danish)
n. - indfald, lune, srhed, affekteret, let sentimental humor

Nederlands (Dutch)
grillige humor

Franais (French)
n. - fantaisie (littr)

Deutsch (German)
n. - Laune

Ελληνική (Greek)
n. - καπρίτσιο, ιδιοτροπία, (καθομ.) χοντρό καλαμπούρι
adj. - καπριτσιόζικος

Italiano (Italian)
capriccio

Portugus (Portuguese)
n. - idia estranha (f), esquisitice (f)
adj. - caprichoso

Русский (Russian)
прихоть, фантазия

Espaol (Spanish)
n. - capricho, antojo, extravagancia

Svenska (Swedish)
n. - nyck
adj. - nyckfull

中文(简体) (Chinese (Simplified))
怪念, 反覆无常, 心情浮

中文(繁體) (Chinese (Traditional))
n. - 怪念頭, 反覆無常, 心情浮動

한국어 (Korean)
n. - 별난 생각, 변덕

日本語 (Japanese)
n. - 気まぐれ, 気まぐれな考え, 奇抜な行動

العربيه (Arabic)
‏(الاسم) نزوة, غرابه (صفه) نزوي, غريب‏

עברית (Hebrew)
n. - גחמה, שיגעון, הומור משונה, מוזרות, קפריזה

It's a mixed bag of metaphorical meaning as you can see, but if you cannot understand then never mind. But if you understand then never forget the meaning of tomatoes for that is important when playing tennis in Stuttgart or Melbourne. To hit a tomato across the net at your opponent is the ultimate sport to squash the competition.

Edited by elenos - 31-Oct-2007 at 21:36
elenos
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 21:25
oh, I see. So you are talking about specters of tomatoes.... tomatoes gone sausage.... Got it!
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 21:40
Yes Pinqin, the specter of the tomato looms large over us all.  
elenos
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 21:57
Originally posted by pinguin

I give up.... sometimes, no matter how hard I try, I simply can't understand "gringo" humour LOL. But 20 pages of something I don't understand really has boosted my inferiority complex Big%20smile

(I really can't get why a tomato is so funny... at least it has some sexual second meaning I can't grasp)

lol...it is a pointless topic bud. So other memberz want to post in it just for the hell of it. It is a fun topic. Yankee humour is kinda sad compared to Canadian comics, but there were many legends of comedy that were Yanks...for example Chris Farley. I think he is the funniest man in TV. he may be dead, but he still makes me laugh out loud.
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 21:58
oh and not all of us are gringos.LOL
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2007 at 17:04
What if we are gringos? Still better than being tomato (and baby) eating dingoes!
elenos
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2007 at 14:48
Personally I often find it hard to tell the difference between babies and tomatoes. They both sit there, round, bright red. Spewing juices everywhere half the time, and just vegetating the other half, and they're both found in maccas ketchup.LOL
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2007 at 16:20
LOL
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2007 at 18:03
Good point Zaitsev. I have never thought of it that way before. 
elenos
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2007 at 17:29
If you cannot figure out the difference between babies and tomatoes, then all I can say is GEUuuuuuuu!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>