Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why are we willing to die for freedom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
truefreedom View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote truefreedom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why are we willing to die for freedom
    Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 16:31
why is freedom so important to us and why are we willing to die for it.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 16:52
Depends what freedom and the alternative entails, a lot of people are tricked into buying the concept of freedom by more clever and conniving people and thus only fight and die furthering oppression and suffering.
amir khan View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote amir khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 17:17

Was it not Bono(!) who said in the 90's that blind faith in your leaders will get you killed.

Freedom for your childrens future is probably the only thing worth dying for, but this fundemental concept is also used and abused by the powerful to get the weak minded to do their bidding.

True freedom exists in the mind, get educated, become enlightened.

(an illumanati as Maju calls tham)

Almost always, its better to live.

Edited by amir khan
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 17:28
If people were willing to die for freedom, the population of the world would be considerably lower and the survivors free. Unfortunately we're all alive and not free. Perhaps the question why aren't we willing to die for freedom would be more accurate?
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
happybunny268@ View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote happybunny268@ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 17:38

i need stufff on mughal empier

amir khan View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote amir khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 18:04
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 20:45
What i am keen to learn iis that what causes people to sacrifice or die for other peoples freedom.  Some are even paid to die for other people's freedom.
edgewaters View Drop Down
  Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 07:22
It all started with internationalism. The current idea of "saving" other countries from themselves began with communism, and the West, or at least the US, adopted the idea wholesale.

The only freedom worth dying for is sovereign independance of your nation, imho.
Halevi View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Halevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 07:43
Originally posted by truefreedom

why is freedom so important to us and why are we willing to die for it.

Its not as important for everyone as you may think, not always, and not everyone is willing to die for it.

I think it has a lot to do with how people perceive their dominant identity-group, and how they then view their identity-group's control over and/or share of a set of limited resources (including land).

The modern international "freedom" crusade is really a clash between broad identity groups, iMho.

"Your country ain't your blood. Remember that." -Santino Corelone
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2006 at 18:27

Freedom is for myself to be blissfully aware of the others pulling my strings. I'm not free and I doubt we will ever have a truly free human, of course thats philosophically. Physically I would fight for freedom in that I dont like unnesecary or overzealous authority.

Post Reply Post Reply