Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should the Kurds be given independence?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should the Kurds be given independence?
    Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 04:10
Yeah, Zaitsev, your anwers were great. How about this one:

"The Kurds CANNOT govern themselves. It's a simple fact."

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 04:11
"How about, "NO","

Zagros, in Kordestan province, they would separate. Don't be too naive and confident.

Remember, they are Sunnis and Kurds.

Every time, the huge riots are there. That's the most unstable place in Iran. Also some parts of West Azeristan.

Edited by Cent - 10-Feb-2007 at 04:15
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 04:17
The separatist feeling is under ice at the moment.

Believe me, if Kordestan could choose, they would go to their brothers in Northern Iraq.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 04:58
Cent, is your english limited? That seems to be the only sentence you can understand.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 05:07
ok guys cool it down.

if you disagree, then agree to disagree and move on.

Edited by Leonidas - 10-Feb-2007 at 05:08
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 05:09
It's not that we disagree, I can accept disagreement. It's the fact that, no matter how many times I have carefully and calmly explain what I said, he can't get past one line.
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 05:27
Well, that very line explains your mentality.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 05:34
Yes it does. You've just misinterpretted as "The Kurds are not capable of doing so" when the clear meaning, as I have explained, is "The Kurds will not be able to do so due to the political situation."
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 05:38
how about this stop right now?

it does nothing for the thread, the question and for anyone reading it
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 05:52
Originally posted by Leonidas

if they don't want to be independent in the case of Iran (outside some kordistan sunni's ). i would say  Iran is almost outside that question. 

Correct me if i'm wrong, the west side of Iran has various  Kurdish people and related/similar luris and bakhtaria's with intermediate groups all in between so the ethnic lines are not so deep or wide as they are on the Arab side. Without such well defined lines of (us vs. them) there isnt the same environment as other countries.

persian chicks are also well regarded zagrosThumbs%20Up

They're high on my list, going from the ones I've met.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 05:55
Originally posted by Zaitsev

It's not that we disagree, I can accept disagreement. It's the fact that, no matter how many times I have carefully and calmly explain what I said, he can't get past one line.

Then you were somewhat ill-advised to produce it, weren't you?

Come up with an outrageous statement like that and you can't expect people to overlook it.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 05:57
GCLE you're hardly one to talk about outrageous lines, especially considering neither of the last two posts you made can rate above "spam". I will not continue this pointless debate with you, and FYI the "outrageous line" was meant to provoke queries, which I answered. Some people don't like the answers.
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 05:58
Originally posted by gcle2003

Originally posted by Zaitsev

Then you were somewhat ill-advised to produce it, weren't you?

Come up with an outrageous statement like that and you can't expect people to overlook it.

well, if you want to have a debate that aims to promote the good, then you can expect people not to stick to one sentence, but open to all, in my humble opinion.

Edited by TheDiplomat - 10-Feb-2007 at 06:00
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 06:00

Let's all cool down a bit.

Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 06:01

At this point, I completely agree with you Cent

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 08:30
Originally posted by Cent

"How about, "NO","

Zagros, in Kordestan province, they would separate. Don't be too naive and confident.

Remember, they are Sunnis and Kurds.

Every time, the huge riots are there. That's the most unstable place in Iran. Also some parts of West Azeristan.

Kordestan province is just one part of Iranian Kurdistan, you can't selectively set referendums for areas you think will or will not separate, if it's a referendum it is for all of Iranian Kurdistan, not just for Kordestan.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2007 at 10:05

It's so easy to become a Turk, just disagree with hyper-natonalists like Cent and your already there

Zaitsev your now an honorary Turk LOL join the club

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2007 at 10:39

What about you Bulldog? Wouldn't you like to be a Turk? Then just be. From now on. You' re a Turk too. Cut that "British" stuff.

The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2007 at 11:40
As for the topic.

If It gives the Kurdish people healthy life. If It makes their conditions better. Why not? But does it really?

The first post in this thread looks wonderful indeed. Secular-Minded Kurds in Democratic Kurdistan in the Middle east. Just like what the Turkish politician Mehmet Agar says: It wouldn't actually be a problem for Turkey If a secular and democratic Kurdistan existed between Turkey and the Middle east. And Turkey would be the first to help and protect such a country from the Arabs and the Iranians. In fact If you look at the region with a neutral perspective you see that It's Turkey again that helps Northern Iraq to improve the conditions.

However...

Democracy. Human Rights. Secularism etc. These things are for highly advanced socities. We all know the Kurdish people are very poor agricultural people who live in their feodal conditions. Therefore before talking about a Kurdish state. Let's talk about the problems of the Kurdish people. Let's talk about Kurdish tribal life style. The clan system. The Honour killings. The marriage system called Berdel. And so on.

What I want to say is that let's talk about the real problems of the people.     
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2007 at 12:24
And Turkey would be the first to help and protect such a country from the Arabs and the Iranians.

You mean it would be the first trying to control it.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>