Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turk Warriors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turk Warriors
    Posted: 27-May-2006 at 23:49
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2006 at 00:47
Nice post much information

btw nice pic beautiefull lanscape.
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2006 at 12:24
Originally posted by xi_tujue

Nice post much information

btw nice pic beautiefull lanscape.

That "landscape" is one of the most harsh place to live on earth. Mongolia is the birth place of many great warriors:

Huns, Avars, Tartar, Mongol, Genghis Khan, Hulagu, Attila, Chagatai and many more...

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2006 at 12:35
I always felt drawn to the vast steppes don't know why
just like it the ever blue sky a sea of grass.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 00:05

where are you from?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 00:12
PERSIAN INFANTRY
 beautiful...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 00:52
He is half persian half mongolian...
Peter Khan Zendran
Persian mongolian warrior Peter Khan Zendran

Peter Khan Zendran heading up a demonstration at the JFK building in Boston on July 24, 2003 in support of Palestinian leader Amer Jubran.  This photo appeared on the front page of the July 25, 2003 Providence Journal.  "FILASTIN ARABIYA"

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 01:14
Originally posted by arashomid

where are you from?

I was born and raised in Europe. I'm a Turk(Turkey) if you ment that. My Great Grandfather comes from the caucasus steppes(I'm a meshketian Turk). Not like the vast steppes of CA but steppes are steppesBig smile

Edited by xi_tujue - 29-May-2006 at 01:15
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 01:16
Mongol warriors are famed for their courage and ferocity in the battles...
Bayazid brought before timur
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 01:19

Originally posted by arashomid

where are you from?

I was born and raised in Europe. I'm a Turk(Turkey) if you ment that. My Great Grandfather comes from the caucasus steppes(I'm a meshketian Turk). Not like the vast steppes of CA but steppes are steppesBig smile

Xi tujue...no offence brother but i have never see a turkish name like that before.

memnoon oldum
allah seni seviyor
allah cok yasa
kos cha kalin
seni adin ne?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 01:26
xi-tujue,
aya shoma farsi baldid? (Do you understand Farsi?)
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 12:06
Nope? (speak a mix of anatolian and azeri not so good accualyBig smile and turkish(anatolian) 

I chose the name xi tujue because it's the first recorded symbol or writing for turks tujue or tiele in chinese means(gok) turk and xi tujue (gok)Turk from the west (later oghuz)

My real name is Eyup(middleastern muslim influence job in the bible) Kahraman (heroBig smile) Gzel(originally it was albayrak(red flag or turkish flag) greatgrand father needed to change it cause to the meshketian exile).

Selam kardes

Edited by xi_tujue - 29-May-2006 at 13:09
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 13:14

My real name is Arash Omid.

nice to meet you brother.

aziz barada, khoda shoma dost darid.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 13:17
How is turkeyi?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 13:17
How is turkeyi?
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 13:29
Don't know I live in belguim. Overal its nice.
Big smile
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 14:00

Ogedei was the third son of Genghis Khan, but his favorite from the time he was a young child. He was an extremely charismatic man, and known for his ability to sway doubters in any debate he was involved in, simply by force of his personality. Ogedei was a physically big man, jovial and charismatic, who seems mostly to have been interested in enjoying good times. He did not inherit Genghis Khan's genius, but he was intelligent and steady in character, despite being an alcoholic. His charisma is partially credited for his success in keeping the Empire on the path his father had set, and his practicality. He was also a relatively humble man, who knew his limitations, did not believe himself a genius, and was willing to listen and use the great generals his father left him, and those he himself found to be most capable. Like all Mongols, he was raised as a warrior from childhood, and like all children of Genghis Khan, he was a part of his father's push to work empire. His military experience was notable for his willingness to listen to his generals, and adapt to the circumstances they were dealing with. He was an extremely pragmatic man, much like his father, and looked at the end, rather than the means. Though he clearly lacked his father's genius, his steadiness of character and dependability were the traits that his father most valued, and that gained him the role of successor to his father, despite two older brothers.

Ascendency to Supreme Khan

He was elected supreme khan in 1229, according to the kuriltai held after Genghis' death, although this was never really in doubt as it was Genghis' clear wish that he be succeeded by gedei. His charisma is partially credited for his success in keeping the Empire on the path his father had set. Thanks mostly to the organization left behind by Genghis Khan, and the personal charisma of Ogedei, the affairs of the Mongol Empire remained for the most part stable during his reign. To this it must again be added that Ogedei was an extremely pragmatic man, and knew his limitations. He had no delusions that he was his father's equal as a military commander or organizer, and used the abilities of those he found most capable, to keep the empire on the steady path his father had set.

During his reign, the Mongols completed the destruction of the Jurchen Jin empire (in 1234), coming into contact and conflict with the Southern Song. In 1235, under the khan's direct generalship, the Mongols began a war of conquest that would not end for forty-five years, and would result in the complete annexation of all of China. Mongol armies vassalized Korea, established permanent control of Persia proper (commanded by Chormagan) and, most notably, expanded westward under the command of Batu Khan to subdue the Russian steppe. Their western conquests included almost all of Russia (save Novgorod, which became a vassal), Hungary, and Poland.

Ogedei Khan had granted permission to invade the remainder of Europe, all the way to the "Great Sea," the Atlantic Ocean, and only his death prevented the probable overwhelming of Austria, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain, and the remaining small European principalities. Indeed, Mongol forces were moving on Vienna, launching a fierce winter campaign against Austria and Germany in the first wave into western Europe, when Ogedei died. Most historians believe only his death prevented the complete conquest of Europe. Certainly the ease with which the Mongols had destroyed the Poles, including units of the Knights Templar and Teutonic Order, at the battle of Legnica, and two days later, destroyed the Hungarian army at the Battle of Mohi, did not bode well for the remainder of the European powers.

The Mongol expansion throughout the Asian continent under the leadership of gedei helped bring political stability and re-establish the Silk Road, the primary trading route between East and West.

Aftermath of Ogedei's death

gedei's death in 1241, brought the Mongol invasion of Europe to a premature end. The commanders heard the news as they were advancing on Vienna, and withdrew for the kuriltai in Mongolia, never again to return so far west.

His son Gyk eventually succeeded him after the five-year regency of his widow Tregene Khatun. But Batu Khan, Khan of the Kipchak Khanate in Russia, never accepted Guyuk, who died on the way to confront him. It was not until 1255, well into the reign of Mongke Khan, that Batu felt secure enough to again prepare to invade Europe. Fortunately for the Europeans, he died before his plans could be implemented. His son intended to carry them out, but he also died, and in 1258, Batu's brother Berke, ascended to the Kipchak Khanate. A muslim, he was more interested in stopping his cousin Hulagu from doing any more damage to the Holy Land than invading Europe. Historians begin the decline of the united Mongol Empire from Ogedei's death, though Mongke's ascention halted the interfamily fighting for a time.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 16:45
arashomid, are you an Iranian Mongol, i mean an Iranian of Mongolian descent? 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 18:37

MY FAVORITE BOOK: SHAHNAMEH - THE PERSIAN BOOK OF KINGS

PERSIAN WARRIORS
Kai Khosrau on the throne
PERSIAN LEGENDARY WARRIOR ROSTAM - LION OF PERSIA!!!
BATTLE OF BADR - THE FIRST VICTORY OF MUSLIM OVER INFIDELS
MONGOL RULER ENTHRONED IN CENTRAL ASIA - PERSIAN PAINTING from TIMUR PERIOD

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 18:49
MONGOL RULER ENTHRONED - PERSIAN PAINTING
SHAHNAMEH isfendiyar's prisoner camp
Isfendiyar passes snow from SHAHNAMEH
Bahram
COMBAT BETWEEN ISFENDIYAR AND THE SIMURGH
THE FOUR FAITHFUL FOLLOWERES OF KAI KHOSRAU

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>