Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Milosevic dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Milosevic dead
    Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 00:53
Originally posted by Mila

Sorry, Mamaikon, I didn't see your post.

It was just an example, Mamaikon, to demonstrate my point. A hypothetical situation in a vacuum, without consequences. I didn't think about of these things.

It would be like saying - Bush said there won't be a civil war in Iraq and that there are no signs one is coming - ha! Is he blind? I hope it starts tomorrow, I hope it starts while he's giving a speech saying it won't!

I'm not wishing for war or for people to die - it's just an example to make a point. I really don't mean to think of consequences or these sorts of things.

ok, cool, just wondering
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 02:37
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 12:47

A Kosovo Gorani Muslim woman visits "Martyr's graveyard" Sunday, March 12, 2006 where 88 Kosovo Albanians, who were abducted and killed by Serb forces in 1999, were buried on top of a hill overlooking the western Kosovo town of Djakovica. Ethnic Albanians in Kosovo voiced their anger as their quest for justice was quashed with the death of Slobodan Milosevic, who died on Saturday in his cell, months before the U.N.-court was to render its verdict on his role in the Balkan bloodletting of the 1990's, which he is accused of starting.

Supporters of Slobodan Milosevic hug each other in the headquarters of the pro-Milosevic support group "Freedom", in Djakovica, Kosovo, Sunday, March 12, 2006. Slobodan Milosevic, former Serbian and Yugoslav president indicted with war crimes, was found dead in his prison cell at the U.N. war crimes tribunal in The Hague, Saturday, March 11, 2006. Milosevic's family clashed Sunday over where the former Yugoslav president should be buried, with proposals ranging from Serbia or Montenegro to Russia.
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 12:51
And one for YuGo...

A Bosnian Serb man celebrates as he reads a newspaper headlined, "Milosevic dies in the Hague" in a cafe in the Bosnian town of Banja Luka, 120 kms west of Sarajevo, Bosnia on Sunday March 12, 2006. Milosevic was found dead Saturday in his bed at a U.N. prison near The Hague, where he was standing trial for genocide, war crimes, and crimes against humanity, the U.N. war crimes tribunal said in a statement. Milosevic, who suffered chronic heart ailments and high blood pressure, apparently died of natural causes, the tribunal said, without giving an exact time of death.
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 12:55

Milosevic's
family clashed Sunday over where the former Yugoslav president should
be buried, with proposals ranging from Serbia or Montenegro to Russia.

I had hoped they would bury him here in The Hague. we have a nice little cemetary next to our school and I could go over at breaktime and water his grave, if yoy know what I mean.
Otherwise, the whole thing seems to become more mysterious, poisoning and suicide are now being investigated.
It must be a gift from heaven for all the former Yugos. Inventing and discussing conspiracy theories is national past-time No.1, if I'm not mistaken. Milosevic's death should keep everyone busy till the World Cup at least.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 12:58
Originally posted by YuGo

Cywr,

Here is the only other program I have found that discuesses this issue.

Yugoslavia: The Avoidable War

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5860186121153047571& amp; amp; amp;q=yugoslavia (Part 1)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6371060303901674397& amp; amp; amp;q=yugoslavia (Part 2)

THANK YOU, YUGO! I've been looking for this link!!
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 18:12

Hehehe, cywr.

I can't wait until Montenegro declares independence - a part of me hopes Serbia will attempt to keep military control in the republic and generate a guerilla war - they intercepted another arms shipment in Bioce (near Podgorica) just this week, the Montenegrins are preparing.

Two Orthodox Christian peoples fighting each other would be interesting in terms of the genocide deniers... all the people with such a simplistic views of the conflict, as R-AK47, won't know what to do with themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if their heads exploded.

What makes you so sure they'll vote for independence?

Why would we enter into conflict even if they do?

Even if they do became indep.-they remain closely related to us-some of the hardcore montenegrin nationalists told it loud and clear.My family is originally from montenegro - i'll certainly never forget it.

they intercepted another arms shipment in Bioce (near Podgorica) just this week, the Montenegrins are preparing.

Please-stop telling semi-truths.That shipment was ment for albanians or middle east (no comments).

So, u want us to kill eachother?I knew it as soon as i saw u sucking up to that kid cg rommel.U weren't very subtile about it, too...That part about orthodox peoples....speechless....Your hatred and generalisation is beyond any reason...Fortunately i know some bosniaks studying and living in belgrade...at least someone represents your people the way it should be done...

"It's better to be a billionair for a lifetime then to live in poverty for a week"
               Bob Rock
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 18:36
Hehehe. Well, I understand the impression I've given can be seen to a certain extent, in a certain capacity, along the lines of your impression of me - provided, of course, that's the impression you're hoping to find... but really? I'm oddly flattered you think so poorly of me.

I don't think Serbia and Montenegro will end up going to war unless the radicals are in power in Serbia. If that were the case, I believe it would be inevitable.

And I never 'sucked up' to cg_rommel. I like cg_rommel - I like most people. I especially go out of my way to interact positively with people from other faiths - particularly Judaism and Eastern Orthodoxy - when I am able to do so. If there is any hint of respect for me and my beliefs from their side, I'll latch onto it. Just because you didn't get the same attention doesn't mean its any reflection of me.

And I know the Serbian media is saying the arms shipments were meant for Albania - just as they said there was no siege of Sarajevo and the Bosniaks in the city were simply shelling themselves. They're busy right extolling the virtues of Slobodan Milosevic.
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 19:31

You guys are funny

Well, hopefully, Montenegro won't be an independent country. Especially if conflicts will spark between Serbia and Montenegro,[which I think won't happen, we're too related to let that happen].In Montenegro and Serbia a portion of the population of Orthodox confession sometimes declared themselves as the Serbs and sometimes as the Montenegrins although they belonged to the same people - the Serbian. Today the Serbian people in this area is divided into three nations: the Serbs (living in Serbia and fewer in Montenegro), the Montenegrins (the Serbs who live in Montenegro and fewer in Serbia), and the Muslims (Islamized Serbs living in Serbia and in Montenegro). Various means and methods were used in order to divide the Serbs: economic, cultural, linguistic, territorial, and, in particular, religious, ideological and chauvinistic.

Worst case senerio, if Montenegro DOES become independent, what would the capital be? Podgroica?

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 20:27
I'd think they'd make Niksic the capital then?
YuGo View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote YuGo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 21:57

Why shouldn't Montenegro be independent? If the majority of Montenegrins want an independent country, than I have no problem with that.. What else is new, Kosovo is leaving, Montenegro..The Former Yugoslavia is nothing but one big joke to the world!

Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 22:42
It's falling apart peice-by-peice....litteraly!
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 22:59
I can't wait until we get to city states. 
YuGo View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote YuGo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 23:03

LOL

I love how you make me go from total depression - dead serious to loughing...

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 23:13
Hehehe. Xox

Our cities are even more distinct than our countries, though. It'd be so much fun to have city states.

Even in Bosnia and Herzegovina alone, you could have:

The Vilajet of Sarajevo
- The Sandzak of Sarajevo
- The Royal Serbian Village of Lukavica

The Royal Serbian City of Banja Luka
- The Sandzak of Lucka Mahala

The People's Republic of Tuzla

The Islamic Republic of Zenica

The Vilajet of East Mostar
- The Holy Roman City of West Mostar

The Croatian Bosniak Republic of Bihac
- The Western Bosniak Sandzak of Bihac South

The Industrial Park of Kakanj

The United Cities of Brcko
- The Sandzak of Brcko
- The Royal Serbian City of Brcko East
- The Holy Roman City of Brcko West

The Royal Serbian City of Bijeljina
- The Sandzak of Atik Mahala

The Holy Roman City of Bugojno
- The Sandzak of Ali-bey's Mahala

YuGo View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote YuGo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 23:28

LOL

This way, we would not only have a war every 50 years, but every 5!

Just imagine how much times The Royal Serbian Village of Lukavica would try to exterminate The Sandzak of Sarajevo!

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 02:09
I am glad to see a thread on milosevic here. We got our assignment for our software construction class today and found this interesting part of the assignment sheet:

Each time you modify a class, you should also modify the author and
version information at the top. We haven't covered version control yet
in lectures, so remove the automatically generated stuff between the
dollar signs, and update the author and version fields like this:

* @author Ian Barnes (original Eiffel version)
 * @author Alexei B Khorev (Java port)
 * @author Modified by Slobodan Milosevic for ICC in Hague
 * @version 11th March 2006

If you don't understand something in the requirements, send your
questions to comp2100@cs.anu.edu.au sooner rather than later. I will
post some of the answers to student questions on the Assignment 1 FAQ
and Hints Page, so check there before you write to me.

...so on the day Milosevic died he was editing our comp2100 assignment, hmm....

I should point out that the lecuture (Khorev) is a Russian.

Edited by Omar al Hashim
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 09:21
Originally posted by YuGo

LOL

This way, we would not only have a war every 50 years, but every 5!

Just imagine how much times The Royal Serbian Village of Lukavica would try to exterminate The Sandzak of Sarajevo!

Pfft...Lukavica couldn't even destroy itself. What I'm truly afraid of is the Islamic Republic of Zenica. You know as well as I do - no joke - given half a chance, they'd wipe everyone else in the country off the map.
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 12:51

Fatima Hurtic, a 36-year-old Srebrenica widow, holds a self made arrangement of photos, showing her husband, Omer, and herself with their two daughters in happier times. Fatima's family ended up among the nearly 8,000 Muslims killed in Srebrenica on July 11, 1995. Bosnian Serb general, Ratko Mladic, ordered the execution and was on the payroll of Slobodan Milosevic, who died this weekend in his cell at the U.N. war-crimes tribunal in The Hague, Netherlands.

Fatima Hurtic, a 36-year-old Srebrenica widow, plays with her watchdog in front of the barn where she keeps her cow - the only source of income for her - at a refugee village near Rajlovac in Sarajevo, on Monday, March 13, 2006. Slobodan Milosevic died this weekend in his cell at the U.N. war-crimes tribunal in The Hague, Netherlands. He died before he was sentenced and deprived this way victims of seeing justice being done.
YuGo View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote YuGo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 21:19

Looking at that first picture, I can't help but feel the pain, and sadness in her eyes...

Where does Fatima Hurtic live now? I am guessing Sarajevo.

I find the bravest and most admirable people are those who returned to their homes, where another ethnicity is the majority, after experiencing such a painful war.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>