Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Dinosaur vs. Thread!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Jams View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dinosaur vs. Thread!!!!!
    Posted: 16-Oct-2008 at 21:27
First two seems reasonable enough, depending on what you believe, but 6000 years? - that goes against all science so far. Why exactly 6000 years?  Nothing in this world suggests that it is only 6000 years old, and if that really was the case, then 99% of our sciences are completely wrong about everything.
Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2008 at 01:41
Whats so bad about our science being wrong? if so then you modify the science thats whats its for. Now we're getting off topic so who do you think wins the fight?

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2008 at 05:34
OK how about a new fight?

Utah Raptor

Like other dromaeosaurids, Utahraptor had a huge curved claw on the second toe, one is preserved at 22 centimetres (8.7 in) in length and is thought to reach 24 centimetres (9.4 in) restored. Recent tests on reconstructions of the smaller Velociraptor suggest that claws of this type were used for stabbing or suffocating its prey, not slashing into their hide.[2] Up to 6.5 m (21 ft) long, 2 m (6.6 ft) tall, and 700 kg (1,500 lb) in weight, Utahraptor would have been a formidable predator.[1]

Source:  Wikipedia

----

VS

Majungasaurus (Majungatholus)

Majungasaurus was a medium-sized theropod that typically measured 6–7 meters (20–23 ft) in length, including its tail.[1] Fragmentary remains of larger individuals indicate that some adults reached lengths of more than 8 meters (26 ft).[2] Majungasaurus is perhaps most distinctive for its skull ornamentation, including the swollen and fused nasals and the frontal horn.

Edited by Afghanan - 17-Oct-2008 at 05:36
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2008 at 15:18
Majungasaurus
What is the officer problem?
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2008 at 21:48
I dont know if its that clear cut.  Utah Raptor has the claws that it can use to grapple, its arms also have claws that can be used..it also has a mouth full of sharp razor like teeth.  Majungatholus is probably heavier, slower, tires faster, but it has lots of serrated teeth and a bony  head that it can use to ram.

It would be a great fight to witness.  If the Utah raptor jumps on its back, i think the Majungatholus is in trouble....
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Jams View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Jams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2008 at 23:11
Originally posted by Count Belisarius

Whats so bad about our science being wrong? if so then you modify the science thats whats its for. Now we're getting off topic so who do you think wins the fight?

I don't think "science" can be wrong, but scientists surely can. You're right however, it's drifting away from the topic.

I still think Meg would win in water, even if they're at equal weight - but who knows for real?

Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2008 at 23:43
Very true I meant to say that the scientists were wrong.

As for the fight I hearby declare it a draw, so lets go on to the next fightSmile

Edited by Count Belisarius - 17-Oct-2008 at 23:44

Goblin Monkey View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Goblin Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2008 at 03:00
Id comment but I feel humbled because I dont have a Dino picture.
Is it just me or did your mom just wink at me?
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2008 at 18:47
All right I have one for the next fight.

Since it's Dinosaur vs. Dinosaur I'd like to nominate two ferocious predators of a past time I cannot even begin to image.

Gcle2003

vs. red clay

Now I think red clay might have the advantage because he's got a dinosaur head and teeth but remember he's just a head so gcle2003 might be able to knock him out with that hookah he's smoking or something.

Anyway, debate.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2008 at 21:37
Keep in mind gcle2003 is a three hundred pound ape, here is how the fight would go Red clay is winning when he knocks several of GC's books over GC flies into an insane berserker rage and beats the crap out of Red before he dies of his wounds   

Alkibiades View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Alkibiades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2008 at 21:39
What.......?
...sed sic sic sine fine feriati, et tecum iaceamus osculantes...
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2008 at 21:43
Janus strikes again

Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 01:11
Hello everyone! Excuse my lack of participation in a topic I am so fond of, but I have been on temporary leave for the past 2 months.

If you don't mind me going back to an earlier 'face-off' - Utahraptor vs. Majungasaurus.

This is an interesting one because both are evenly matched in terms of size. If I were to compare two dinosaurs as such, I'd prefer to do it solely on the grounds of anatomy, rather than assuming things relating to habits or physiology. So anatomy:

Both are comparable in terms of size, being about 7m long. However the Majungasaurus (despite bone cavities and fusion to reduce weight) was still a heavier therapod. I think it was brought up earlier that Utahraptor could reach 4 tonnes - ? From CT and bone analysis I believe they would be under a tonne. Either way, Majungasaurus has the weight advantage.

Nevertheless, various anatomical features of the raptor make it superiorly adapted for a therapod-on-therapod fight. The obvious is the clawed second toe which is now thought to be used to severe/puncture vital organs in the neck like the windpipe or jugular vein. What adds to the chance of the raptor getting a strike at Majunga's neck is its superior agility. The lighter weight, more aerodynamic structure and powerful legs (deduced from muscle-bone ratio) make for a swift killer.

If you look at the above renditions, the Utahraptor is clearly the superior runner. In a fight between 2 animals of similar size and of this ferocity, whoever strikes first is crucial. And for this reason, I would say the Utahraptor would more likely to prevail, but not put it past the Majungasaurus to kill the raptor too.

As we all know, there are so many dependent factors to take into account, so my analysis is based in a flat, grassy setting where both therapods are suspecting. Not that they would ever come across each other anyway; one living in Madagascar and the other in North America Smile

Regards,

- Knights -
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 01:30
Keep in mind at one time the world was one super-continent

Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 01:52
Yes - though Pangaea is meant to have existed at least 250 million years ago. That's a fair time before Utahraptor (130mya) and Majungasaurus (70mya). Even Laurasia and Gondwana had largely broken up by then. But we aren't really concerned if they never came into contact are we? Smile
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 02:33
I don't believe in evolution or millions of years as I said at the start of this thread 

TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 03:07

I don't believe in evolution or millions of years as I said at the start of this thread 

You may not believe in millions of years, but millions of years believes in you.

Especially since it'd be rather anticlimactic if humanity didn't survive for at LEAST that long.
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 03:12
Look I believe that there is no such thing as evolution or millions of years so could we get off the subject! I have had enough with all of that bulls**t so would it be asking to much of all of you to quit spamming my threads! 

TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 03:16

Look I believe that there is no such thing as evolution or millions of years so could we get off the subject! I have had enough with all of that bulls**t so would it be asking to much of all of you to quit spamming my threads! 

All right, all right. No harm intended.

How about...Carnotaurus vs. Allosaurus fragilis.

Similar size, similar weight.
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 15:31

Take it easy Count with TheARRGH. Afterall you are the one who made the anti-evolution claim. Don't get all twisted up when someone responds to your post. And for the second time I may remind you that threads are open to all and are not under the jurisdiction of the thread starter. Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>