Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tipu Sultan -do you know him?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Online Status: Offline
  Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tipu Sultan -do you know him?
    Posted: 13-Oct-2006 at 18:20
Originally posted by AP Singh

Hi Tipu,

I think the traitors have no religion at all. They are simple traitors and are the enemy of all the citizens.

A sensible statement as usual. Couldnt agree more.
Jonon View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Jonon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 00:57
tipu ?? is that baby killer muslim indian rebel?
Tipu Sultan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl
suspended

Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 11:55
well sir mind your language and who are you referring to.please be more clear.
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2006 at 02:11
Originally posted by Jonon

tipu ?? is that baby killer muslim indian rebel?

You are right jonon. He was very cruel, animalistic traitor who died trying to flee in the face of the british attack.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Earl
Earl
suspended

Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2006 at 09:17
<Fowl language removed by Anuj Khamar>

Edited by Anujkhamar - 17-Oct-2006 at 10:18
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2006 at 01:11
He died while trying to flee from the british attack. The first place that the british went for to search him was his harem of numerous wives & the jananakhana (place where women stay), because they knew his reputation.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 03:33
Originally posted by Tipu Sultan

<Fowl language removed by Anuj Khamar>

Thanks Moderator, but is your removing the post
enough ?  While the person who made the post still goes scotfree without even a warning or an apology.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 03:39
Anyway. Let's get on further. I should better forget this for I realise the futility of trying to correct someone who can resort to such things. Thanks to you again. 
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 03:51
I realised  it before too.Big smile
Earl
Earl
suspended

Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 11:50
He died while trying to flee from the british attack. The first place that the british went for to search him was his harem of numerous wives & the jananakhana (place where women stay), because they knew his reputation.

lol-yea he was a coward thats why he did not accept the british rule unlike other kings and preferred to fight them.

Thanks Moderator, but is your removing the post
enough ?  While the person who made the post still goes scotfree without even a warning or an apology.

i did not state anything bad there but just said about the real cowardice of marathas and the rajput kingsBig smile

Earl
Earl
suspended

Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 12:52
Anyway. Let's get on further. I should better forget this for I realise the futility of trying to correct someone who can resort to such things. Thanks to you again.

why are you running away from facts-lol
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 02:55
Originally posted by Tipu Sultan

lol-yea he was a coward thats why he did not accept the british rule unlike other kings and preferred to fight them.

He fought against the British because they did not recognise him as a king. Niether did the Marathas, The Nizam or for that any body in India, Even the Mughal Emperor did not recognise him as a King.

Nobody in India recognised tipu the traitor as a king & everybody wanted the original  rulers back. The English, The Nizam & The Marathas had all decided that tipu, the tyrannt is to be killed or imprisoned.

Tipu the traitor was fighting the british to save his certain imprisonment or death. It was not a fight for freedom, it was a struggle for survival.

i did not state anything bad there but just said about the real cowardice of marathas and the rajput kingsBig smile

At that time the Marathas were the supreme power in India. They were Rajputs also. No need to spoil your hands with a traitor, when it can be outsourced.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 02:58

He died while trying to flee from the british attack. The first place that the british went for to search him was his harem of numerous wives & the jananakhana (place where women stay), because they, knowing his reputation, they were sure that he would be hiding behind the ladies. However he escaped out just in time.
AP Singh View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote AP Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 04:49
To the best of my knowledge only four wives are allowed in Muslim religion. How Tipu was having so many? If I am correct the Tipu was not a true Muslim and he only used (actually misused) the religion for his own gains.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 05:45
Originally posted by AP Singh

To the best of my knowledge only four wives are allowed in Muslim religion. How Tipu was having so many? If I am correct the Tipu was not a true Muslim and he only used (actually misused) the religion for his own gains.

APji you are talking of four, Tipu had a whole Haram of wives, His sisters also lived there.

Akbar had 300 wives. Shah Jahan had 5000. Look at the other sultans all across the world.

A famous incedote is that Akbar used to play chess with his various wives acting as the pawns & minister etc... in the nude.

Edited by Vivek Sharma - 19-Oct-2006 at 05:46
jayeshks View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote jayeshks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 07:00
Um,  those women weren't wives, they were concubines at best.  Harems predate Islam and Christianity even and they included the concubines as well as their entourage of servants and relatives. 
Once you relinquish your freedom for the sake of "understood necessity,"...you cede your claim to the truth. - Heda Margolius Kovaly
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 07:21
Doesn't make any difference, they were all kept for the same purpose.
jayeshks View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote jayeshks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 07:59
Yes, but the point is this way they could maintain their 'piety' by officially not having more wives than was allowed.  It was in response to AP Singh's post about having a harem conflicting with religion.
Once you relinquish your freedom for the sake of "understood necessity,"...you cede your claim to the truth. - Heda Margolius Kovaly
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 09:00
Akbar is recorded to have three hundred wives. But then he was not muslim. So you may be right. I will try to research this wive thing..
AP Singh View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote AP Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 09:09
Originally posted by jayeshks

Yes, but the point is this way they could maintain their 'piety' by officially not having more wives than was allowed. It was in response to AP Singh's post about having a harem conflicting with religion.

I also wanted to say the same thing. Officially they all were Muslims but unofficially they were all not Muslims and thus were not true Muslims. They were making fools of many other Muslims who were fighting and sacrificing their lives for these un-true Muslims for the sake of their religion. Now a days also you may find so many people ( Like politicians) who care a damn about their religion but keep making the religious people fools for their own sake.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>