Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gotvandi (Dezfuli), Guti and Gothic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gotvandi (Dezfuli), Guti and Gothic
    Posted: 20-May-2009 at 00:04
That is a hint for this topic and other related topic (Specifically for Cyrus, so plz do not get offended) 
Anfører
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 00:28
No one got offended, your post just didn't seem very pertinent to the conversation–advice or not.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 07:33
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Science and skills are not tradable, you yourself said that the Swedish text says they were originally invented in Luristan, not imported from Luristan, didn't you? Gotlanders couldn't read Gutians' mind by looking at their inventions.

You can't believe this even yourself. Of course science and skills are tradeable. I'm not commenting it further, you cannot possibly have thought this through before you wrote it.

and also explains why these similar things have been found there, would please translate it for us:
Yes. Trade. King John's translation is good (Polen= Poland).

No, Gutians probably carried those objects to Gotland, isn't it a better explaination?

No, the objects got there with Gotlandic traders starting in the 9th century. They're coins, and how and when they came there is rather well-known. I was just testing if you would check it up or invent something out of the blue that would support your theory.

We are not white European, Cyrus. Leave this master race alone and live in peace. It doesn't matter how hard you try (not to support all of your theories or the evidence which you use but to give you the hint about their attitude) they deny with any means. If you live in west then you know what I mean. Except some fair intellectual and smart people you can not change their way of thinking. Many of friendly religious people who live here does not care about those issues as well which makes life better for us (immigrants). Rest of population look at you differently, no matter how hard you try they are still dreaming about Ancient Roman empire or Alexander the great .... the rest of the world were all barbarian. It really pisses me off, but that's the way it is.

So if I don't accept the splendid theory that science and skills are not tradeable I must believe I belong to some master race? Calling people "master race" because they don't agree with some pseudo-science is offensive. Or hopefully I misinterpreted what you wrote?
It's quite obvious and accepted among historians that Scandinavians descend partly from those coming with the retreat of the great ice, and partly from some IE immigrants coming from the east, ultimately related to Persians, Slavs etc. Cyrus's ideas are taken out of the blue though, and most of the "evidence" he's bringing up is unrelated, often misinterpreted or simply not good (or, written by those very Master Race people you are refering to, who DID support many of Cyrus's ideas).

Edited by Styrbiorn - 20-May-2009 at 08:42
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 15:19
I think Suren gave the best reply to all posts in this thread, as I have found the most important thing is that you never say Gutians put their feet on the holy land of Gotland (white Europeans), ok, I don't say it because no one is offended but if our European friends don't change their sayings, according to what King John said:

Originally posted by King John

As far as I can tell it is not talking about migrating populations but rather about the spread and diffusion of culture and goods.

It can be concluded that the Gutian culture spread from the land of Gutians (Luristan) to Gotland and Gutians themselves didn't migrate to Gotland, we all know that language is a cultural identity.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 15:46

I think Suren gave the best reply to all posts in this thread, as I have found the most important thing is that you never say Gutians put their feet on the holy land of Gotland (white Europeans), ok, I don't say it because no one is offended but if our European friends don't change their sayings, according to what King John said:

Originally posted by King John

As far as I can tell it is not talking about migrating populations but rather about the spread and diffusion of culture and goods.

It can be concluded that the Gutian culture spread from the land of Gutians (Luristan) to Gotland and Gutians themselves didn't migrate to Gotland, we all know that language is a cultural identity.
It can also be concluded from the Swedish excerpt you posted and I translated that the goods made their way to Gotland and the Mälar Valley via the Hallstatt Culture.  What language are you talking about?  Can we please not go through another one of your Germanic Languages are a branch of the Iranic Languages discussions?  You have already been proven wrong in that thread and it was something like 70 or so pages; let's not rehash that here.  Your argument is predicated on the idea that the Gutians are the ancestors of the Goths via human migration, are you admitting that that idea is wrong?

According to your theory when did the Gutians get to Gotland?
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 15:54

No. It can't. The article is talking about one single type of object. Similar to following the spread of jeans from California to the rest of the world via New York and London eastward and Japan and China westward. Anything else you made up from nothing without any evidence whatsoever.

How many times does it have to be told: the Gotlanders and the rest of the Scandinavians are partly descendants of an IE people from the east. Your ideas about Scyths or Gutians, however, are based solely on name-similarities and other nonsense. Quit your trolling with racism/nazism accusations. Everyone else have the decency not to accuse you of Irano-supremacism.

Edited by Styrbiorn - 20-May-2009 at 15:59
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 15:55
P.S. Cyrus, are you going to respond to my points starting at the end of page 2?  You have replied to a couple of my posts but your replies have not been (for the most part) to any point I made or question I asked.

Would you care to tell us what the type is that Nerman is talking about since there is absolutely no context for it in the excerpt you have given us?

Edited by King John - 20-May-2009 at 15:56
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 18:34
Would you please ignore what I myself said and read the books that I suggested? For example you can find several proves of the identity of the Guti with the Goths in this book that I mentioned, this 736 page book (Published by Kessinger Publishing, 2004) just almost talks about this thing, another interesting proof in this book:

King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 19:08

Would you please ignore what I myself said and read the books that I suggested? For example you can find several proves of the identity of the Guti with the Goths in this book that I mentioned, this 736 page book (Published by Kessinger Publishing, 2004) just almost talks about this thing, another interesting proof in this book:

You have posted this once already and I believe I responded then.  I've read the book and it seems to me that the only real proof that the book relies on is something from 1911.  Should we also ignore that the supposed homeland of the Goths (Gotland) was already inhabited by 3100 BC?  Maybe the Gutians came south from Gotland and not north to Gotland.

Are we to ignore the other "evidence" you posted, like that of Nerman?  How come you haven't responded to the responses to said evidence.  I translated one of the excerpts from Nerman for you, as you asked, and you haven't commented. 
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 20:18
King John, I think Suren gave me a good advice: "It doesn't matter how hard you try, they deny with any means.", as you usual you read another proof and denied it without even saying anything about the main thing (Iarla, Earl, ...)
As you can read in the first page, Dr. Birger Nerman's article is about the Bronze Age and just talks about the bronze objects of this period, it is clear by "types" he means "types of any bronze objects of the Bronze Age", there can be different types, like Chinese type, Egyptian type, ... but what does it mean when he says about the Scandinavian type, this type originated in Luristan (Persia)?
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 20:28

King John, I think Suren gave me a good advice: "It doesn't matter how hard you try, they deny with any means.", as you usual you read another proof and denied it without even saying anything about the main thing (Iarla, Earl, ...)
As you can read in the first page, Dr. Birger Nerman's article is about the Bronze Age and just talks about the bronze objects of this period, it is clear by "types" he means "types of any bronze objects of the Bronze Age", there can be different types, like Chinese type, Egyptian type, ... but what does it mean when he says about the Scandinavian type, this type originated in Luristan (Persia)?

He speculates that one type of objects (the connected rings) might have appeared in Luristan. He do not say these are Scandinavian. It simply means that these things were first created in Persia, then spread (usually by merchants). Just like, for example, how the rudder went from China to Europe (certainly no Chinese migration there).
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 20:58

Hehe, it might have been published in 2004; it was written in 1929 by Laurence Wadell, also the writer of "The great epic poem of the ancient Britons of the exploits of King Thor, Arthur, or Adam and his knights in establishing civilization reforming Eden & capturing the Holy Grail about 3380-3350 B.C.", where  he claimed - among other interesting things - that the Icelandic Edda was actually British. He also claimed the alphabeth was not Phoenician at all: it was created by the Aryan über-menschen, along with the First City or Ur, Babylon and whatnot. Since you seem to like this book (which incidently is named Makers of Civilization in Race and History, referring to the "Aryan race") so much, do you agree with the conclusions?: I'm quoting:
Originally posted by Cyrus's source

In the foregoing pages the Sumerians are proved to be the Early Aryans or the primitive Goths, and of that race which is now generally called "The Nordic" or North European, who as the most advanced people of their time entered Asia Minor about 3380 B.C. from the North or West, and established there the first great state, and built there the first city, with Civilization, in the dictionary meaning of that word. The immemorial homeland of the Goths is the mighty fertile and richly metalliferous Danube Valley,...

He goes on how they were the Civilized Overlords of the "short pit-dwelling Mediterranean race" and then invaded Mesopotamia where they created civilization. Yet another Aryan supremacist on Cyrus's list of sources, that is. Is this what you were refering to, Suren?

Edited by Styrbiorn - 20-May-2009 at 21:11
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 21:40
Styrbiorn I do not support any sort of Aryan supremacy or racism theories. I simply said what I have experienced especially in central Europe. Many common people look at us differently whenever it happen to be middle eastern be my guest to experience the attitude. Fortunately, I have many smart European and American friends (which admit the existence of that attitude within society and a need for more education and endurance). Smile
Plz forget about master race which I said; it was out of frustration, but still the bossy attitude exists in many white Europeans. If you don't have it then good for you and your friends.

Cyrus, you need to use more reliable sources, if you want to have a better discussion.Geek

I will leave you guys alone... have a nice discussion.

Edited by Suren - 20-May-2009 at 21:43
Anfører
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 21:52
No problem, I understand your point. I've experienced that attitude myself (from French and Chinese individuals, in this case) and it's admitedly quite annoying. It's certainly existing, but not only here in Europe but in all over the globe... excepting more relaxed places presumably. Military, economical or any other sort of dominance gives birth to this attitude and is difficult to get rid of. Human nature can be a bitch. Smile

Edited by Styrbiorn - 20-May-2009 at 21:54
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2009 at 23:12

I didn't say anything because you have posted this book before, as a website article written by Samir Abbas.  I spoke to it's claims then and don't feel the need to repeat myself, however I will.  The book was written in 1929 so the fact that it was published as a reissue in 2004 is irrelevant.  What is relevant is that it's argument hasn't been proven correct in the 80 years since it was first written; and one would assume that we today have more tools with which to prove this thesis correct than were available to the author in 1929.  Let's also do a little criticism of the book, I believe I pointed out that Waddell notes that since 1911 nothing has proven the descent of Goths from Gutians.  You replied with essentially "so what, that was 1911."  Well in 1929 that was very recent scholarship, now however that scholarship is antiquated so you might want to find a more recent source.  The reissue in 2004 doesn't take away the fact that all the footnotes and bibliography are references to scholarship written in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries.  If you came to a professor with a theory and paper for which the sourcing dated almost entirely to the early 20th and late 19th Centuries, they would tell you to find more reliable and more recent sources.  They would also probably tell you to rethink your idea.  

In 1929 let's see what other scholars had to say about this book:
Originally posted by H.L. Shapiro Pacific Affair 12 (December 1930): 1168-1169

The reader does not need to peruse this work very far to become aware of its distinct bias and unscientific method.  Fortunately the "Nordic race-mongers" have become so discredited that there is little to fear from the effect of this opus on the intelligent lay public.  Succinctly, Mr. Waddel believes that the beginning of all civilization dates from the Sumerians who were blond Nordics with blue eyes–he knows they were blond because they wore dark jewlery, and blue-eyed because lapis lazuli is found to represent the eye.  From Mesopotamia, carried by these Nordic Sumerians, civilization spread to Egypt, Crete, Greece, Europe and India and China.  Mr Waddell indiscriminately mixes the plausible with the incredible.
That's a pretty tough review.  Shapiro calls the book biased and says it lacks scientific method, he also calls the author a "Nordic race-monger" and notes how he mixes the plausible with the incredible.  But, hey that's just one reviewer maybe others think differently.  Shapiro seems to be a well published scholar writing books such as Migration and Environment and Man, Culture, and Society among other numerous articles.  I think he is a fair judge of the scholarship of Waddell's work presently in question.  I'm not going to deal with Waddell any more since he has clearly been discredited.  I hope that is a sufficient comment on the work of Waddell.

As you can read in the first page, Dr. Birger Nerman's article is about the Bronze Age and just talks about the bronze objects of this period,
Oh, it's only just the Bronze Age, well that makes a world of difference (that's sarcasm).  Well, when did your theorized migration happen then?  We know, via archaeological records, that Gotland was inhabited as early as 3100 BC so did this migration happen before, during, or after the Bronze Age?  If it happened after or in the later Bronze Age, where is the evidence for it?  Furthermore why is it so difficult to accept the simpler explanation for the arrival of objects of Luristanian origin through trade as opposed to a mass migration. 

it is clear by "types" he means "types of any bronze objects of the Bronze Age", there can be different types, like Chinese type, Egyptian type, ... but what does it mean when he says about the Scandinavian type, this type originated in Luristan (Persia)?
He never uses the term "Scandinavian type" all he hypothesizes is that the bronze objects found in Scandinavia are similar to those found in Luristan and probably originated in Luristan.  He does not support your thesis that the Goths were descended from the Gutians as you would have us believe.  If you don't believe me go read my translation of the excerpt which you posted.  He makes no mention of a migration he simply implies that these objects got to Gotland and the Mälar Valley via trade, as is explicitly stated in the summary to the article, the first part of which you posted and the remainder of which I posted.

*Edit: If you really want to be taken seriously, why not come to the table with more reputable sources and an actual understanding of what they say?  Also you probably shouldn't try to make the source(s) say things that they don't say.  If you come with strong evidence I will gladly change my mind, the problem is you don't bring strong evidence to the table.

Edited by King John - 21-May-2009 at 00:28
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2009 at 07:44
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

He speculates that one type of objects (the connected rings) might have appeared in Luristan. He do not say these are Scandinavian. It simply means that these things were first created in Persia, then spread (usually by merchants). Just like, for example, how the rudder went from China to Europe (certainly no Chinese migration there).

Do you think you can fool us because we don't know Swedish language? It is enough that someone just reads the short summary in English:

Caucasian influence can be detected in several objects: from per. 4 of the Bronze Age a tutulus with bird figure from Blekinge (see Fig. 13, cf. Fig. 14), from per. 5 a loop from Småland for instance (see Fig. 15, cf. Fig. 16), from per. 6 a pin from Halland for instance (see Fig. 19, cf. Fig. 20), from per. 1 of the Iron Age a pin from Gotland (see Fig. 17, cf. Fig. 18).
Influenccs are also observable from Luristan in west Persia, e. g. the bronze bowl in Fig. 21 from Västmanland from per. 5 (cf. Fig. 22).

What does "influence" mean? A merchant? according to my Oxford dictionary this word means "the capacity to have an effect on the character or behaviour of someone", do you think it happened by telepathy?!!

And is bowl a type of connected rings?!!!!
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2009 at 08:42
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

Hehe, it might have been published in 2004; it was written in 1929 by Laurence Wadell, also the writer of "The great epic poem of the ancient Britons of the exploits of King Thor, Arthur, or Adam and his knights in establishing civilization reforming Eden & capturing the Holy Grail about 3380-3350 B.C.", where  he claimed - among other interesting things - that the Icelandic Edda was actually British. He also claimed the alphabeth was not Phoenician at all: it was created by the Aryan über-menschen, along with the First City or Ur, Babylon and whatnot. Since you seem to like this book (which incidently is named Makers of Civilization in Race and History, referring to the "Aryan race") so much, do you agree with the conclusions?: I'm quoting:

In the foregoing pages the Sumerians are proved to be the Early Aryans or the primitive Goths, and of that race which is now generally called "The Nordic" or North European, who as the most advanced people of their time entered Asia Minor about 3380 B.C. from the North or West, and established there the first great state, and built there the first city, with Civilization, in the dictionary meaning of that word. The immemorial homeland of the Goths is the mighty fertile and richly metalliferous Danube Valley,...

He goes on how they were the Civilized Overlords of the "short pit-dwelling Mediterranean race" and then invaded Mesopotamia where they created civilization. Yet another Aryan supremacist on Cyrus's list of sources, that is. Is this what you were refering to, Suren?
You can't hide your ultra-nationalism by accusing others of being Aryan supremacist, Sumer was just some kilometers west of the western Iran where Gutians lived, we know Gutians have been mentioned in the earliest Sumerian texts, so they could be even an older nation in compare of Sumerians, if it is proved that Gutians were an Aryan/Indo-European people then it won't be difficult to prove Sumerians were the Early Aryans or the primitive Goths, as Sharruking said about "Sumerian civilization" in this thread: http://www.allempires.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=487&PID=7980#7980 it is traced back to the Kermanshah Culture (c. 7500-5600 BC) of western Iran.  The descendant culture appeared in central Mesopotamia, known as the Samarra Culture (c. 5700-4900 BC).  Later still, elements of this culture migrated south into southern Mesopotamia where the Ubaid Culture (c. 5300-3900 BC) took root.  It developed into the Uruk Culture (c. 3900-3100 BC).  It was during this time that the earliest pictographic writing developed (by c. 3500 BC), which developed into a proto-cuneiform script by the Jembat Nasr period (c. 3100-2900 BC), which became a fully developed cuneiform script in the Sumerian Early Dynastic Period (c. 2900-2300 BC) by about 2500 BC.  There was apparently no interruptions in the development of Sumerian civilization from its Neolithic past.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2009 at 08:59
Originally posted by Suren

Cyrus, you need to use more reliable sources, if you want to have a better discussion.Geek
These are reliable sources, don't let them to fool you by their Aryan supremacy accusations, you will be an Aryan supremacist, if you just say I am an Aryan, I need to use no source, if I want to have a better discussion with them, because they believe in no source, you can read what they say about those archaeological sources.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2009 at 09:06

You can't hide your ultra-nationalism by accusing others of being Aryan supremacist, Sumer was just some kilometers west of the western Iran where Gutians lived, we know Gutians have been mentioned in the earliest Sumerian texts, so they could be even an older nation in compare of Sumerians, if it is proved that Gutians were an Aryan/Indo-European people then it won't be difficult to prove Sumerians were the Early Aryans or the primitive Goths, as Sharruking said about "Sumerian civilization" in this thread: http://www.allempires.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=487&PID=7980#7980 it is traced back to the Kermanshah Culture (c. 7500-5600 BC) of western Iran.  The descendant culture appeared in central Mesopotamia, known as the Samarra Culture (c. 5700-4900 BC).  Later still, elements of this culture migrated south into southern Mesopotamia where the Ubaid Culture (c. 5300-3900 BC) took root.  It developed into the Uruk Culture (c. 3900-3100 BC).  It was during this time that the earliest pictographic writing developed (by c. 3500 BC), which developed into a proto-cuneiform script by the Jembat Nasr period (c. 3100-2900 BC), which became a fully developed cuneiform script in the Sumerian Early Dynastic Period (c. 2900-2300 BC) by about 2500 BC.  There was apparently no interruptions in the development of Sumerian civilization from its Neolithic past.

You are using Nazi sources but I'm the nationalist?
Why don't you ask Sharukkin what he thinks about a superior Aryan race descending from their home on the plains of Danube in 3380BC from where they invaded Mesopotamia and created Civilization?

Do you think you can fool us because we don't know Swedish language? It is enough that someone just reads the short summary in English:

Yes, let's read it:

But Scandinavia, primarily Gotland, also had connections further east.
This applies particularly to the Caucasus. The pin in Fig. 11 from Gotland
is Imported from there (cf. Fig. 12). Caucasian influence can be detected in
several objects: from per. 4 of the Bronze Age a tutulus with bird figure
from Blekinge (see Fig. 13, cf. Fig. 14), from per. 5 a loop from Småland for
instance (see Fig. 15, cf. Fig. 16), from per. 6 a pin from Halland for
instance (see Fig. 19, cf. Fig. 20), from per. 1 of the Iron Age a pin from
Gotland (see Fig. 17, cf. Fig. 18).
Influenccs are also obscrvablc from Luristan in west Persia, e. g. the bronze
bowl in Fig. 21 from Västmanland from per. 5 (cf. Fig. 22).
What is most surprising, however, is that parallels can be found between
Seandinavia on the one hand and Siberia, North China and perhaps even
Indo-China
on tlie other. Thus the animal beads on processional requisites
(Fig. 24) from the neighbourhood of Falköping belonging to per. 5 and the
animal heads on stern and stern of the rock-carved ship (Fig. 23) from
»Brandskogen» forest near Enköping have counterparts in Siberia and North
China (Fig. 25). Indeed, a knife from Holstein (Fig. 26) and a similar one
from Jutland may have affinitles with knives in Annam
(Fig. 27). These
types probably originated in the Caucasus and Persia, whence they spread
both to the north-west and to the east.
Commcrcial intercoursewith the east brought riches to the motherland
areas. The expansion may perhaps best be explained by assuming a fairly
large Central Sweden-Gotland realm with its centre in that case in the
Mälar valley. It was from bere that the conquests were made, trading
activities being mainly left to the people of Gotland. Gotland and presumably
even other Scandinavian traders evidently made their way to the east and
south-cast of tlie Baltic Sea during the late Bronze Age, and it is not 1mpossible
tbat Scandinavian and Caucasian merchants sometimes met in
eastern Europé
. A bit into per. 1 of the Iron Age tlie Central Swedish and
Gotland connections with t lic east come to an end.

The whole section is about trade.

What does "influence" mean? A merchant? according to my Oxford dictionary this word means "the capacity to have an effect on the character or behaviour of someone", do you think it happened by telepathy?!!

Someone claiming to have a PhD degree in history ought to know what influence means, so I'm not sure if you're kidding with me. But I'll bite. Swede buys funny-looking thing from  Merchant who in turn bought it from a Persian. The Swede likes some of its looks and incorporates it in his own works. Influence occured. Happens every day, since time immemorial.

Edited by Styrbiorn - 21-May-2009 at 15:47
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2009 at 13:27

Originally posted by Suren

These are reliable sources, don't let them to fool you by their Aryan supremacy accusations, you will be an Aryan supremacist, if you just say I am an Aryan, I need to use no source, if I want to have a better discussion with them, because they believe in no source, you can read what they say about those archaeological sources.
You mix reliable with unreliable sources, for instance you mix Nerman with Waddell; that is not our fault.  You really do need to use better sources, you also tend to misrepresent the sources and when you are called on it you either don't respond, make something up, or imply somebody is a racist.  If you say I am an Aryan, you will be nothing more than an Aryan.  Saying you are something doesn't make you a supremacist for that group.  I am Jewish and by saying so I am not saying I am a Jewish Supremacist.  We believe is sources, but the archaeological sources don't support your theory of a migration, the sources show the effects of trade as is explicitly mentioned in the excerpts from the articles and summaries that you provided.

*Edit:  I have said on multiple occasions to you and once in this thread that if you bring strong, solid evidence to the table I will change my mind, but as of right now you haven't convinced me of the veracity of your theory.  Your argument as noted above is based on misinterpretation and weak sources, this is no way to make a convincing argument.  I will be unavailable for a few days but I will pick up this conversation on Sunday when I come back.

Edited by King John - 21-May-2009 at 13:33
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>