Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will China ever acquire/purchase Siberia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Mystic View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mystic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will China ever acquire/purchase Siberia?
    Posted: 21-Jun-2005 at 03:33
AS far I as know, Siberia belongs to the native tribes that have been living there for centuries. It's not rightfully claimed by anyone, not the Chinese nor the Russians but sadly since the tribes are so weak and backward now, it's virtually up for grabs based on the most powerful neighbor. Now that China is stronger and her people are already migrating there, I wouldn't be surprised if they soon became the majority and try to claim that land. As for Siberia belonging to the Manchus, actually they do have sort of a rightful claim to that land since their ancestors originated there as a minor tribe but most of the Manchus are already sinicized.

Edited by Mystic
jiangweibaoye View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote jiangweibaoye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2005 at 12:15

I think that "rightful claim" argument is weak.  If China can buy it, I think they should.  Not because it is rightfully theirs, but they can. 

It is silly to say, "well it was ours three billion years ago and it should be ours".  Get real.  Borders are in a constant state of flux so where do you draw the line?  Everybody is going to choose that period which expands their territory. 

Let that all encompassing power which controls the earth, the moon, & every other celestial body out there decide the fate of Siberia.  MONEY!  Always has, always will.

Mystic View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mystic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2005 at 15:45
Well then I guess China and Russia are the ones that have the strongest claims since they are the two major powers by that region.
doorman View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote doorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2005 at 07:54
If China  begins claiming and trying to get part of former qing territory from Russia, I don't think mongolia and vietnam would be doing nothing.

The qing state is not a chinese state it's a manchu state populated by han chinese. If the chinese wanted to claim any of their former territories they wuld have to give up a lot of land since the last chinese state was ruled by the ming. 

Well, the mongols might as well claim a huge swath of the eurasian land mass as well.

Edited by doorman
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2005 at 12:10

Come on, no nation is stupid enough to sell that big piece of land, especially when it yield one of the biggest diamond industries in the whole god damn world!  And of course, Russia will never give up Bladivostok - it's only port to the Pacific ocean.

Grrr..
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2005 at 19:12
There was an article in the Gaurdian about Russia last week, apparently, in the rural areas around Vladivostok, rates of intermarriage between Russians and Chinese is very high, mostly Chinese men though (male migrant workers presumably).
Arrrgh!!"
Consul
Consul

Quote jiangweibaoye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 12:10

Nothing is impossible.  They sold Alaska to the US.  I would not be surprised if they sold the former Qing territories to the Chinese.

Concerning Doorman statement, yes that is true, but the the Republic of China territories included present day China and Mongolia. & the Republic of China was a "native" state.

doorman View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote doorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 18:04
Originally posted by jiangweibaoye

Nothing is impossible.  They sold Alaska to the US.  I would not be surprised if they sold the former Qing territories to the Chinese.

Concerning Doorman statement, yes that is true, but the the Republic of China territories included present day China and Mongolia. & the Republic of China was a "native" state.

If China did make such a move all the neighboring states would get very nervous about this. Alaska was almost like a fur trading business venture for the Russians very different than the border regions with China. If China wants to get all those territories back then China has to make Russia give it up (i.e. war).  Even if China did succeed, there would be such an outcry for revenge in Russia that it would be setting up another war.

Edited by doorman
Consul
Consul

Quote jiangweibaoye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2005 at 10:33

Doorman,

I agree with what you are saying.  It would make China's neighbors very nervous.   But there is really nothing they can do about it. 

Yes, the Russian would cry for revenge if that were to happen, but I don't think China would risk war with Russia over that land.

Alaska was a trading business venture but the reason why they sold it to the US was because they were flat broke, not because Alaska had no geographical value.

doorman View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote doorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2005 at 19:50
The point is that  nowadays  you just don't buy land like  you used to(a la Louisiana Purchase). Even if you did  it would still belong to that country and  be treated as private property.  I just don't see China buying the land and incorporating it into their  territory maybe as private chinese owned land within Russia but  expanding  Chinese territory , no way.  War would be the only means to do it or forcing  the Russians in some other way.  Alaska was just a business venture, it may had some geographical significance but it was mostly a business driven venture , which the  Sino-Russian border is not.

yan. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote yan. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 06:36
Originally posted by jiangweibaoye

The ROC didn't have any control over Mongolia except for two years of military occupation (1919-1921). To say it was included in its territory is like saying German territories included East Prussia, Silesia etc. up to the 1960s. I don't think anybody would buy into that.
the Bulgarian View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote the Bulgarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 13:54
Russia would never give up Siberia. That is simply undesputable.The Chinese are coming to Siberia and you say that at some point they will try to take it for themselves. Now that is the worst case of greed I've ever heard. So you're coming to other people's land, they give you a job, a home, etc. and in the end you want to take their land. I don't know what to say. If the Chinese are realy behaving like that then the Russian government should prohibit the immigration of more Chinese and probably kick out the ones, that are already there. Imagine the Canadians coming to the U.S.A. and after 30 years of mass immigration they say "We want Washington and 30 % of America". I advise the Chinese to forget about Siberia, because this can spark the Third World War and lead to the DESTRUCTION OF THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE! This is a price far too high for Siberia or any other land.

Edited by the Bulgarian
doorman View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote doorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2005 at 17:58
To the OP if you are suggesting something along the lines of how the US acquired Texas, I really doubt  history is going to repeat itself.

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2005 at 23:35
I thought China and Russia were really good friends, wasn't it just announced not to long ago that they were going to train their armies together in some sort of joint exercise?
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Consul
Consul

Quote jiangweibaoye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2005 at 12:24
If history has taught us anything, it is that borders are in a constant state of flux.
the Bulgarian View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote the Bulgarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2005 at 13:53
It would be best if this border doesn't change.
Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2005 at 14:11
if they could buy siberia, their population would be 2 bilion in couple of years, you know they will get more space to...
OUT OF LIMIT
attiladecendant View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote attiladecendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2005 at 19:01

it doesn't matter the rooskies use it for prison camps or if they don't any more they should, as well as for uranium mines. but the chinese couldn't really use much of it too cold for them

but allso we're the most powerfull neighbor cause of alaska why don't we take it

Edited by attiladecendant
shinobi
Ardashir View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ardashir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2005 at 07:02
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Originally posted by coolstorm

The Russians gave up Alaska, and the French gave up Louisina, which would give them direct access to North America. Anything can happen.

China wants Sibera back because of its access to the sea of Japan.

The Russians might sell it because of the loss of control of Seberia especially its population which is increasingly dominated by the Chinese.

Siberia has a dominant Mongolian and Turkic population, not Chinese.

But with current mass imigration of the Chinese people,It will not stay Altaic!

Anayway,I prefer to see siberia,still in the Modern Scythian (Russian) hands!

http://khakokhoon.blogfa.com
Ardashir View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ardashir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2005 at 07:19

The chienes cann't annex the Russian Siberia.Actually they are so un-developed in military industry that they once even kissed the Israel's ass for get some weapons.

Now,it is only the Russians that provide the Chinese military needs.Do you guys think that the Russian are so stupid that they don't know whom they are equiping with their own weapon?!

http://khakokhoon.blogfa.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>