Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How old is Turkic language?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How old is Turkic language?
    Posted: 15-Nov-2006 at 16:05
Tekkes are not the majority remember. Tekke is the dominant accent, just because they're the ruling family, only for the time being. For sure, after President Niyazov, the official language will change (because probably the goverment would change). Official language is chosen by the ruling family here. At the time of Magtymguly (not a long time ago), Tekke was not the dominant accent.

In Turkey, Istanbul Turkish is the offical tongue. But are they the most frequent people in Turkey? Has it been the official language for all Turkish history?

Ask any Turkmen about who speaks the most correc (pure) Turkmen and you'll get your answer.

Well then, you might be able to speak a bit Salur, huh?

Turkmen is called southwestern; just because of it's current LOCATION. For sure, they're Oghuz. But are they 9 Oghuz or Sihun Oghuz?

Edited by gok_toruk - 15-Nov-2006 at 16:07
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2006 at 16:23
Gok_Toruk
Tekkes are not the majority remember. Tekke is the dominant accent, just because they're the ruling family, only for the time being. For sure, after President Niyazov, the official language will change. Official language is chosen by the ruling family here. At the time of Magtymguly (not a long time ago), Tekke was not the dominant accent.

Magtymguly

(sorry about the bad quality video)

Were in a different era now, national education system is in this accent and will become the norm after a generation or two as its used in media, education, government etc

Gok_Toruk
In Turkey, Istanbul Turkish is the offical tongue. But are they the most frequent people in Turkey? Has it been the official language for all Turkish history?

I think most people know it even if they have different accents.

Gok_Toruk
Ask any Turkmen about who speaks the most correc (pure) Turkmen and you'll get your answer.

Again, most "correct" is subjective term, A can say one thing while B can say another.

The Dialect is "Oghuz Turkish" they're all in the same club.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2006 at 16:34
Originally posted by gok_toruk

I didn't say 'kyl' and 'gyn' were unique to Turkmen since they're common Turkic. I'm saying a dialect out of 5 would not be the proof you might be looking for. Tekke is closer; but not as close as you might think. Ozbek, although Chagatai, could be easily read by Turkish speakers, but are they also of the same origin?

Alright, I fail, but you, as a winner hasn't been able to post something which can support your idea:

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14659&PN=1

- Kymqa ayitip saymaghyl ornyngta; myncha men itenler yatir qum bolyp -

A Tekke proverb. Take it as my response to your post.

Gok Turuk- I think you make a kind of Tayfacilik(clanism) What do you say it in Turkmen?
Yes I failed too but I am not an expert so I fail.
The only thing I can say is what I know
I cannot make a word of a thing unknown to me.
Can I?
Kymqa=To whom?
ayitip=by saying
saymaghyl?
ornyngta=in the place of?
muncha=that much?
men itenler-those who make egoism-
yatır qum bolyp-lies down turning into sand

Does ity mean- Do not speak  in the names of other people, those who made egoism or selfishness passed away?
Yes I must confess intelligibility is at a low extent. But that does not mean it does not make any sense to us.

And my last word: I am told by fathers that I am Turkmen, I feel Turkmen, I live in Turkey so I am Turkish. All Anatolian Turks are descendants of Oghuz Turks migrated to Anatolia. And Your are not the one to judge niether my Turkmennnes, nor other people in Turkey. Those who will decide our identity is just us.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 13:32
Dear Bulldog and dear Tangriberdi, don't get me wrong. People have told me I, or should I say, my posts seem a bit offending or something. I apologize, if they're so.

Now, the situation among Turkmens are really different. They're really traditional. Although the offical language is Tekke, most of the people consider it as kind of a dialect. Everyone's talking in his own accent. That's why your relying only on Tekke seems a bit strange to me.

Ofcourse; because that's the offical language. But this doesn't mean it's their mother tongue.

Tekke, being quite slight, lacking old grammers like 'qan'/'ken', etc is not the most correct tongue. If it comes to linguistics, for sure northern dialects would be the most correct form. Also in comparative linguistics, a simple comparision of Oghuz Qaqa's story and modern Turkmen dialects reveals which one is closer to the old tongue.

Edited by gok_toruk - 16-Nov-2006 at 13:47
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 13:43
Forget about thsoe words and the differences.

Ofcourse, you're what you think. I'm not really the person to judge your ethnicity.

I think we'd better say we're all Oghuzes, withought referrig to a certain geographical group.

Then surely, the peace is the best (thanks to Northman)...

Edited by gok_toruk - 16-Nov-2006 at 13:45
Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 19:07
Gok toruk Now I love you much more and more than ever, my dear brother.
You  never hurt me, you just opposed a little bit.
Most probably you were right when  you tried to show us some scientific differences,  but because of your word choosing we may have misunderstood you. From now on. Peace upon us all.

Edited by Tangriberdi - 16-Nov-2006 at 19:07
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2006 at 00:16
thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123