Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What if Genghis Khan fought Alexander

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What if Genghis Khan fought Alexander
    Posted: 11-Jan-2005 at 15:55
probably becasue of the same reason they didn't sucessfully expandend into southeast asia...
El_Bandito View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote El_Bandito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2005 at 21:28
HEAT was a big deterrent to the Mongols as well as the Chinese when they tried to invade South Asia.  Winter invasion of Russia was COOOLD but all Mongols had to do was to dress well.  South Asian heat though, even if the Mongols went naked, they would've still gotten nose bleedings and heat strokes.   Humidity was a killer too.

I'm Mongolian, and I definitely prefer to stay away from south Asia due to above reasons.

I was in Shanghai and basically, "got out of Hotel"--HOT! HOT! HOT!  "got into cab--Aaaagh,  "got outta cab"--HOT! HOT! HOT!, "entered the mall"--Aaagh

Edited by El_Bandito
I'm awake, I'm awake.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2005 at 23:21

then i advice you dont come to Dubai

Knight
Knight

Quote El_Bandito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2005 at 21:43
Hahaha, my Saudia Arabian friend Mahmedein told me the same thing.
I'm awake, I'm awake.
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2005 at 13:45

"interesting, didn't knew Chinese had them...."

You might be interested in the account of the battle between Xi Xia and Mongols on the yellow river. The xi xia army charged and the mongols retreated, they crossed the frozen Yellow river, the xixia pursued, but because the xia cavalry had horse shoes, they slipped on ice in disorder and the mongol cavalry came back and annihilated it.

chaeohk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote chaeohk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 19:31
interesting post... anyway i think that the mongols would win because of the thier technological advantage and the fact that they had supierior archers and stuff..
JasSum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote JasSum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2005 at 20:14
Greeks always lost battles ...
Macedonians for differenece won them.

The diference in military developmant betwean mongol and macedonian army is like ... what if any of those army is confronting russia or usa.

Their answer would be ... press the red button, and get over it.

The amry would be blown to atoms.

So consideting just the commanding, if they had the same army, Aleksandar would win.
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2005 at 20:27
Haha, the Macedonian himself trying to take credit. Be proud of youir heritage.
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2005 at 08:33

I always proud for being Mongolian! It's rare and respectful fate. I think Chinggis would won. In a piece of history, it says '' In one and a half centuries that followed,  Mongolians built up one of the largest empires known in the world.'' Therefore I think Chinggis would won!

Edited by solo
JasSum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote JasSum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2005 at 07:40
one of the largest
Aleksandar made THE largest
:}
So he would unite all the army he would have and just march over asia .... several times :}
(like the joke with miloshevich cought a gold fish, and he wished 3 times to invade slovenia ... why? just to march over croatia several times ... :}} )
Knight
Knight

Quote El_Bandito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 03:03
Ok Jassum.  Please check the map of macedon at its largest under Alexander, and compare that with Mongolia at 1227AD at the death of Chinggis Khan.  You will know the error of your knowledge then. 
I'm awake, I'm awake.
JasSum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote JasSum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 06:12
I number people not teritory.
And it seems that Danmark is the bigest euoropean country, beacuse they got grenland?
I think its germany for the number of people.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 06:51
Sorry JasSum. But you should look up again.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 12:04

Originally posted by JasSum

I number people not teritory.
And it seems that Danmark is the bigest euoropean country, beacuse they got grenland?
I think its germany for the number of people.

there is more than 1000 years between Alexander and Gengis khan

so i think population of Gengis Empire is more than Alexanser's empire

JasSum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote JasSum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 20:46
well yes, in absolute numbers.
But if the khan got every 20 of 100, and aleksandar got 15 of 50, who got more?
20 in general numbers is more ofcourse, but in % ...

anyway, if aleksandar fought the khan, he would have to march for some years more ... to go all over that huge teritory and build cities with his name all over mongolia and north asia ..
:}}

And after all, if they live today, and do the same, they would be war criminals and they would get a long term :}
Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 21:10
Genghis ultimately had the largest empire of all time.Well,kinda.His empire really speaks to present day Russia.Actually,the mongols actually went further west,into eastern Europe.Well,I'm not sure.It might've been remnant tribes or something,but the Mongols at Ivan the Terrible's time occupied some of eastern Europe,not alot,but some.Ivan driven them all out.

In Honor
JasSum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote JasSum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 21:47
so he was the terrible for the khan ? :}

I think the bigest empire is todays usa.
anyone that obays is under its rule, anyone that is not will be declared as eveil and will be smashed by force.
so holding up almost all of the world, except china india and russia, and all of them are depending on usa.
So thats the ulitmate i think :}
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 21:55

No,Ivan wasn't "Terrible"to the Khan.I'm just referring to historic references on how they interpreted his methods.The US is not the biggest Empire.It might be powerful,but certainly not the biggest.An Empire is a group of territories ruled by one or more rulers.The Mongol Empire surely had the most territories,or expanses of land,than present day US.

In Honor
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 21:57
Didn't the Brits have the largest one?
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 22:06
If you consider the British Empire,Gubukjanggoon,why can't anyone give credit to the Spanish Empire as well?I consider the Spanish and British Empires colonial Empires,since they weren't really connected to their mainland.They were Empires though,perhaps it depends on how you look at it.

In Honor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>