Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedChechnya is necessarry and justified

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chechnya is necessarry and justified
    Posted: 13-Jan-2005 at 06:28
proposal: stop oppressing them and you'll see they don't even want to become independent any more
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2005 at 11:52
thats a very good point, most of these civil issues could be solved if people stopped forcing their domestic agendas on people.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2005 at 13:34
proposal: stop oppressing them and you'll see they don't even want to become independent any more

counterproposal: we use force against them and you stop living in a fantasy world
TJK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2005 at 15:18

counterproposal: we use force against them and you stop living in a fantasy world

Very good point dark one ! Why don't use the same logic for Poland, Baltic countries and Germany ?

Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2005 at 15:42

It seems to me that some of you seem as the force that Russia uses as justified and the Chechens as mear bandits, who have no sense or sound idea of what they are doing, but hardly so. There is no room to feel sympathy or any kind of favor towards Russia from me as they stand 146 million or so, against now heavily less than a nation of million and demand compation for the "just cause" that they feel they are comitting!!! And the way the war is fought by Russians, is horrendous - a professional army using ways of massmurder not even known in the Middle Ages.

And why is the area so important to Russia or Russians? It can't be close to their hearts as a native piece of land or feel as unjustice is done to the Russian nation if it were conquered. It also has no political importance as i feel that the idea of almost every other minority in Russia would create their own little resistance nest as some paranoid weirdos seem to delude themselves here is just blind fear or somethig of that sort. It is just the imperialistic mind of a great nation that solidly believes that losing even a foot-size piece of land would be a disgrace to the entire country. And having that happened during the 20th century numerous times, that a smaller country successfully got rid of Russian colonization, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to have it happen once again.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2005 at 16:29

Originally posted by Tobodai

thats a very good point, most of these civil issues could be solved if people stopped forcing their domestic agendas on people.

Yes, their domestic agendas like secularism as opposed to Muslim fundamentalism.  As a libertarian, I'd expect you to support the Russians against such religious wackos.

Member of IAEA
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2005 at 16:51
I had a longer responce but my computer reset
Very good point dark one ! Why don't use the same logic for Poland, Baltic countries and Germany ?

Because this isn't the age of empires and we can't conquer whoever we want.

It seems to me that some of you seem as the force that Russia uses as justified and the Chechens as mear bandits, who have no sense or sound idea of what they are doing, but hardly so. There is no room to feel sympathy or any kind of favor towards Russia from me as they stand 146 million or so, against now heavily less than a nation of million and demand compation for the "just cause" that they feel they are comitting!!! And the way the war is fought by Russians, is horrendous - a professional army using ways of massmurder not even known in the Middle Ages.

And why is the area so important to Russia or Russians? It can't be close to their hearts as a native piece of land or feel as unjustice is done to the Russian nation if it were conquered. It also has no political importance as i feel that the idea of almost every other minority in Russia would create their own little resistance nest as some paranoid weirdos seem to delude themselves here is just blind fear or somethig of that sort. It is just the imperialistic mind of a great nation that solidly believes that losing even a foot-size piece of land would be a disgrace to the entire country. And having that happened during the 20th century numerous times, that a smaller country successfully got rid of Russian colonization, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to have it happen once again.

This century we lsot land twice (as far as Im aware off and not including hte islands we conquered from japan and gave back to them)
1905 to Japan: Almsot caused revolution, much civil strife
1918 To Central Powers and later nations just seceded: Revolution, Civil war, bolshevik rule
 Also the others will seceed if Chechnya is allowed to, any even half educated man in Russia knows this. About the torture I could care less about what happens to Kamaz Othodov and Parad Urodov in Chechnya if they take schools and theatres hostage(the names are fake, they sound like Chechen names and yet one of them means "truck of garbage" and the other "parade of rejects" they are used by Russian media when talking about Chechenyans)

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2005 at 17:00
Originally posted by dark_one

So your reasoning is "we are allowed to use force against them because we use force against them".
I don't think that's a valid argument.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2005 at 17:32
Well, i hope that prophecy of Johar Dudayev will be fulfilled. He said that war in Chechenya wil ltake 50 years and when it will end Russia wil lbe small, weak and tiny country. Thats what for did agressor's and massmurderer's deserved.

Edited by Mosquito
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2005 at 19:19
 Agressors? Massmurderer's? Well Chechnya seems to fit both of those descriptions, rather than Russia.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2005 at 19:37
Originally posted by Genghis

Originally posted by Tobodai

Yes, their domestic agendas like secularism as opposed to Muslim fundamentalism.  As a libertarian, I'd expect you to support the Russians against such religious wackos.

But I do support the Russians, Im mrerely saying that if the Russians allowed them a greater amount of domestic autonomy this problem would be lessened, of course as victors the Russians would not or should not allow full domestic autonomy, merely enought that is necessary to get large amounts of Cechen support to go home, the hardcore fighters cant be appeased, and thus they will probably die or be forced to flee, as it should be.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2005 at 23:30
But doing that could result in a fatal escalation of autonomy granting that could be disastrous for Russia.
Member of IAEA
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 13:59
 Yes. After all we are a diverse nation, housing voer 60 ethnicities.
Inquisitor Dei View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 14:19

Yes. After all we are a diverse nation, housing over 60 ethnicities.

So, giving up Chechnya shouldn't be an issue at all. What difference would it make to house now 59 instead of 60 ethnicities? Unless you're too insecure of your capability of holding on together as a nation. Or perhaps coming to an astonishing conclusion (after it all disintegrates) - The Russian state is a myth!

"I am the way, the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father but through me."

--John 14:6
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 14:30
Chechnya reminds me Chiapas.
Not in the scale faced in Rusia.
I do see a point from Dark one. It is true that giving up on Chechnya could unleash a serie of secessions.

Mixcoatl did a good point too.
The regions could be part of Russia, but lifting the central impossitions and allowing regional autonomies.
Like in Spain.

Regards

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 18:46
[q]Unless you're too insecure of your capability of holding on together as a nation. Or perhaps coming to an astonishing conclusion (after it all disintegrates) - The Russian state is a myth![/q]
 I'd have to say that a series of secessions would hur tus, quite a lot.
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 20:16

Originally posted by dark one

I'd have to say that a series of secessions would hur tus, quite a lot.

They do not care dark one.  They are determined to do the "humane" thing and let these child murderers and Wahabists have their own country.  Regardless of the fact that another Time of Troubles would be far from humane for any group one can think of.

Member of IAEA
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 21:19
 Remember, Russia protects you, do you really need Secular Muslim States bordering Europe?
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 22:19

Chechnia would be boarding Russia still, it would not really boarder European countries...

Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 08:48

Remember, Russia protects you, do you really need Secular Muslim States bordering Europe?

Russia protects us? You mean, like the USSR did?

An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>