Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vive la France !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vive la France !
    Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 13:38
Originally posted by Genghis

Originally posted by Spartakus

This shows that people in France have an actuall interest about politics and their future.It can only and only be positive when you see young people protesting for their rights.

As a young person, I can tell you most people are my age are complete morons who believe stupid idealistic nonsense like this "I'm a human so I deserve a job and 8 months of paid vacation and 100% insurance coverage of all kinds even if I work at McDonald's."

I can only hope when they graduate college and start working that life will bite them in the ass and wake them up.

The right to work is a fundamental human right.

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 13:38
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

How are they going to encourage businesses to hire people without a law like this?  That's why unemployment in France is so high, an employer can't fire a worker unless they do something really bad, so why take the risk of hiring someone unless you desperately need them?

sorry ,genghis,unemloyment is so high ,like in germany and other european countries cause the capitalist and their shareholders took the chance after the fall off the wall to screw down the thumbscrews of social systems only with threats to hut down the production or transfer it to china where the workers work for a few cents under dishonorable circumstancies.and ,denghis ,as you said the company doesn't need the worker ,but does the worker really needs a company like that. no, get rid of those bloodsuckers. it's time for revolution !!!!

Vive la revolution! Vive la anarchie

If you say the workers don't need a company like that, then the French should not be bitching about how all such companies have left their country and taken their jobs with them.  They can have all the "social justice" they want if they're willing to sacrifice for it.

Member of IAEA
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 13:40

I like to see social protests over issues of importance, I like what Genghis said above too.

...Villepin says will alleviate France's sky-high youth unemployment by getting companies to risk hiring young workers. Quote from A.P. in yahoo.

This makes sense. Letting go of workers is so easy in the US that we do not have the same sympathies that many Europeans do. If younger means cheaper then go for it. At least they would be offered jobs that are now supposedly filled by those with seniority.

However, the issue of layoffs and such is a global problem. Tends to follow how effective one is in the market. The less effective have to resort to dire methods to stay in the game.

Edited by Seko
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 13:45

This shows that people in France have an actuall interest about politics and their future.It can only and only be positive when you see young people protesting for their rights.

As a young person, I can tell you most people are my age are complete morons who believe stupid idealistic nonsense like this "I'm a human so I deserve a job and 8 months of paid vacation and 100% insurance coverage of all kinds even if I work at McDonald's."

I can only hope when they graduate college and start working that life will bite them in the ass and wake them up.

What about the right of a business owner to conduct his business and use his property to provide for himself and his family?  For every person who forcibly provide a job for you enslave a business owner.  And furthermore, this law doesn't get rid of that right, if anything it will allow more people to exercise this right.

I don't even think this is a right though, this is just another example of the proliferation of "rights" which are really just "desires" people have.

I am glad America hasn't fallen for that unjust logic, that is a right we can do without.

Member of IAEA
DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 13:45
Originally posted by Seko

This makes sense. Letting go of workers is so easy in the US that we do not have the same sympathies that many Europeans do. If younger means cheaper then go for it. At least they would be offered jobs that are now supposedly filled by those with seniority.

However, the issue of layoffs and such is a global problem. Tends to follow how effective one is in the market. The less effective have to resort to dire methods to stay in the game.

Getting rid of workers has become a way of maximizing profits in the short term in North America. This can't go on forever and probably shouldn't be used as a model for a sustainable economy.

Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 13:46
Originally posted by DukeC

Getting rid of workers has become a way of maximizing profits in the short term in North America. This can't go on forever and probably shouldn't be used as a model for a sustainable economy.

If a worker doesn't produce profit, he or she should be fired, enslaving industry into providing employment when economically they shouldn't sure as hell isn't sustainable and in the long run will bring down everybody's standard of living.

Member of IAEA
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 13:51

I would venture a guess that everybody wants job security. Jobs, however, are created by those who are successfull in business. And the business savy have the option in how much wages to provide and how long to employ a person.

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 13:54

What about the right of a business owner to conduct his business and use his property to provide for himself and his family?  For every person who forcibly provide a job for you enslave a business owner.  And furthermore, this law doesn't get rid of that right, if anything it will allow more people to exercise this right.

I don't even think this is a right though, this is just another example of the proliferation of "rights" which are really just "desires" people have.

I am glad America hasn't fallen for that unjust logic, that is a right we can do without.

This law makes easier for a bysiness man to fire a young man in a period of 2 years.

What about the right of a bysiness owner to conduct his bysiness and use his property to provide his for himself and his family?Well,at least he has a bysiness and property....

--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 13:55

If a worker doesn't produce profit, he or she should be fired, enslaving industry into providing employment when economically they shouldn't sure as hell isn't sustainable and in the long run will bring down everybody's standard of living.

Downsizing your work force to eliminate payroll and benefits costs to make your quaterly report look better, increase your stock value and put a few million more into the pockets of your top executives makes no sense in the long term. In the end you're left with a shell of a company and if it's done on a wide enough scale the shell of an economy. But that's no problem you can just buy the cheaper product made from your operations you've moved overseas to areas where there's no such thing as workers rights. The only problem is less and less people can afford to buy them because their jobs are gone. Working at McDonalds for five bucks an hour really doesn't replace a $35 per hour job in an automotives plant.

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 13:56

And now the standard of living is very high,isn't it?
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 14:03

Downsizing usually coincides with loss of market share or advances in technologies. Surely CEO's and administrators have reaped (greedily) the rewards of a perky job way out of proportion to the average worker of the same company. That is an area where penny pinching could help.

On the other hand, job availability and security follow the fluctuations of market economy. Trying to force a government to create a secure job market by protectionist methods doesn't seem to be cost effective.

DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 14:03
The problem isn't at the bottom rung of the workforce ladder it's at the top. In the mid 70s a shopfloor worker made $1 for every $30 made by those running the company. Now the number is $1 for every $1000 made by those at the top. Is it any wonder there's less and less to go around.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 14:07
That part of the above ^ labor equation is troublesome. Not only the financial imbalance but the psychological resentment that workers would have. But in the end of the day, workers do their job, blame the unions then spend their checks over the weekend then wait to do it all over again as long as they still have their jobs.
DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 14:12

Downsizing usually coincides with loss of market share or advances in technologies. Surely CEO's and administrators have reaped (greedily) the rewards of a perky job way out of proportion to the average worker of the same company. That is an area where penny pinching could help.

On the other hand, job availability and security follow the fluctuations of market economy. Trying to force a government to create a secure job market by protectionist methods doesn't seem to be cost effective.

You can't encase you're economy in cement in an attempt to stablilize it, that is true. Companies still have responsibilities in regards to their workforce and the economies they perform in. Profit taking on a large scale is destructive to an economy over a long enough period of time. 

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 14:16
I think we agree here. The high profit and perks that buisness owners and board of director members, etc. reap generally has no consistant pattern. Unless it is to fill a few pockets. Though it may be their right, it sure creates friction.
DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 14:17

That part of the above ^ labor equation is troublesome. Not only the financial imbalance but the psychological resentment that workers would have. But in the end of the day, workers do their job, blame the unions then spend their checks over the weekend then wait to do it all over again as long as they still have their jobs.

And it's not in a state of equilibrium, it's getting worse.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 14:22
Responsibility for owners of publicly owned business do need a certain checks and balances. As long as we play the capitalist game the only answer is to succeed. That means for owners to be more frugal and governments to become flexible to market conditions. Protectionism is a losers way of guaranteeing jobs that may eventually not be there.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 14:27

Could someone, in Europe, preferably, give us an accurate brief of the proposed law?   I have just been looking to reread it and can't find anything that isn't tainted with O'Riely  style blusterings. 

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 14:31

The problem isn't at the bottom rung of the workforce ladder it's at the top. In the mid 70s a shopfloor worker made $1 for every $30 made by those running the company. Now the number is $1 for every $1000 made by those at the top. Is it any wonder there's less and less to go around.

If a CEO wants to do that, you have no right to stop him, it is his business and he can operate it as he sees fit, if workers don't like, they can quit and get a new job at somewhere with less earnings discrepancies, no one is forcing him to work there.

Member of IAEA
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 14:31

This law makes easier for a bysiness man to fire a young man in a period of 2 years.

What about the right of a bysiness owner to conduct his bysiness and use his property to provide his for himself and his family?Well,at least he has a bysiness and property....

He wouldn't if people like you had your way.

Member of IAEA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>