Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WHERE ARE TURKS FROM?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHERE ARE TURKS FROM?
    Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 13:13

Can't we just stick to the topic itself? More posts unrelated to the topic itself will be deleted.
Either make a history or become a history.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 10:48
Gok_Toruk
Just as well as Turkmens believe KorOghly was a Turkmen, Ozbeks believe he was an Ozbek. People like KorOghlu or even Manas are Common Turkic Heritage which you cant USE them to show a certain kind of relationship.

Ofcourse I can, according to you there was no relationship at least now you accept there is.

Gok_Toruk
Its like saying Hazaras of Iran are Iranian and not of Turkic & Mongolian origin, just because they live among Iranians. Dazes, also as Vambery mentioned, are Ozbek.

Really? are you sure. Oz bek's were the people in the land of the Oz bek's who had a state in the region. You did not have to be from today's boundries of Ozbekistan to be an Ozbek. Oz bek is not ethnic its a pollitical name.

Gok_Toruk
See Bulldog, I might not be the only Turkmen, youre right; but youre not a Turkmen, at all.

You don't know what I am so don't jump to conclusions.

Gok_Toruk
Our story (Turkmens of Turkey and Turkmens of Turkmenistan are the same, because their name are the same) is just like this case: because Turkic speaking people of Iranian Kerman (close to Zabylystan and Buluches) are called Turk, so theyre the same people as Turks of Turkey are.

No, all I said is that they're Turks aswell, a person from Turkey can say he's a Turk as can somebody from Iran or any other country in the world, being a Turk is not the sole monopoly of "Turkiye", you don't have to be from Turkiye to be a Turk they don't have sole rights over being a Turk.

And one can continue, but they are really darker and you can perceive tinge of Mongoloid population among them. Their language is somehow similar to Northern Horasan Turkic which is almost Chagatai. So, why Turks of Turkey speak a dialect of Oghuz?

Because they are of Oghuz Turkmen descent.

Gok_Toruk
According to your definition, a black-skinned Iranian Zabyli who speaks an Indo-European language, has a different culture, can believe hes a Turk if he speaks Turkic. Who can tell hes not a Turk? In fact, let people of world speak Turkic and then theyre all Turk.
No that's not what I said. If this person's mother tongue was Turkic, he was bought up as a Turk, has a Turk identity nobody has the right to not accept this person just because of the colour of the skin, this is not the Turks way or tradition.

Gok_Toruk
They are Salyr?

Ofcourse, they even founded state's in what is today Turkey, some branches of Salyr's in Serahs region Turkmenistan even know that some of their ancestor's migrated to what is today Turkey.

Gok_Toruk
Its like saying Turkmen and Anatolian Turkish are the same; because theyre both Oghuz Turkic. Uighur and Ozbek are both Chagatai, but not the same dialects.
Well Turkmen and Anatolian Turkish is very similar especially in Anatolia area.

Uygur and Ozbek is the same, they hardly have a big accent differences let alone dialect. It's like Azeri and Turkiye Turkish.

Gok_Toruk
Uighur, Ozbek, Turkish, Azeri and Turkmen are ally mutually understandable (it varies from dialect to dialect). But these are not the same language groups. Two of them, Chagatai, three of them Oghuz.
No, Chaghtay is not another language group, its a dialect of Turkic. Uygur and Ozbek is not different there is just a border between them, same with Turkiye and Azerbaycan all the way to Turkmenistan.

If we were to draw linguistic borders. From Western and Central welayets of Turkmenistan to Azerbaycan then to Turkey there would be no border. You don't need to learn another language to get by in these areas. Even in Ozbekistan after a week or two your ear adjusts and you can communicate easily with the locals.

Gok_Toruk
Im really eager to see your Central Asian friends who agree with you on our topic.

Even "Turkmenbashi" did...

Andoluya Sapar Eden Wagtymda
Oguzhandan Gaydan izleri Grdm
Alparslan Ertugrul Osmanly Begden
mr Davameti Oglan Gyzlary Grdm

Yegen Atagazzy

Oguznama-Giris Dr. Farzad MARJANI,
Oguznama, geen asyry başynda Avrupa taryhylarynyda gyzyklandyryp ugrapdyr. Ol, Ord. Prof. Dr. Z.V.Toany tearlan, ve 1982-nji ylda Dr.Tunjer Bakarany tagallasy bilen 2-nji ola neşir edilen Ouz Destany adly kitapdan başga, 1987-nji ylda Azerbajan Ilymlar Akademiasy tarafyndan neşir edildi, ol-da R.Şkrova tarafyndan Ors diline geirildi. Şkrova, kitaby kp halklary taryhyna tsir edendigini şele bean edr: "XI. asyrdan başlap trkmenler adyny alan oguzlar, hzirki vagtda Azerbajanda, Trkmenistanda, İranda, Trkiede ve Irakda (Ovganistandada) aşaan trki halklary ata-babalarydyr. Seluklar ve Osmanlylar-da şolardan gelip ykandyrlar. Oguzlary alyz Syrderany gara tarafyndaky shralarda mesgen tutan blegi, şherlerde aşapdyrlar ve şol oturymly, harbi rişlere gatnaşmadyk Oguzlar, Shray (atyk) adyna ee bolupdyrlar". 

Gok_Toruk
Turkmen music is significantly different from that of Anatolian.

Not really, you should reserach music of Turkiye a bit more. For example "Bakshy" and Ozans music culture...

Turkmen Bakshy Turkmenistan

Turkmen Bakshy Turkey (Asik Veysel Satiroglu)

Gok_Toruk
because Tekke is the most powerful tribe now), official Turkmen which was used in literature, etc was a Northern Turkmen dialect.

When? please give examples.

Gok_TOruk
Turkish carpet is a bit like Iranian or should I say Azeri carpets while Turkmen carpet is famous for their shamanistic and nature-based pattern.

This show's you do not know carpets of Turkey.

There is the "Persian knot" and the "Turkish knot". Persian carpets themses are have more animalist-human features, while TUrkmen carpets are more shamanistic, symetric and symbolic, carpets of Turkey are Turkmen.

Konya Ersari style carpet

Igdir Yomut Turkmen

[img[http://www.yorukruggallery.com/images/stories/Image/Image/Antiques/Antique%20Kizilayak%20Ersari%20%205%2010x7%207.jpgp[/img]

Gizilayak

Gok_Toruk
About food, first of all, the Chorba youre mentioning is Iranian Shurba. Also the Turkish ekmek which is bread is not the same thing in Turkmen. Turkmen ekmek is not bread. Ayran is a common Altaic drink. Turkmen has not got over 100 bread types.

Shurba is originally Arabic word, Tunisians, Algerians and Moroccans also have Chorba.

Turkmen used to have over 100 bread types.

Oghuz Turkmen cuisine was carried from their Oghuz homelands to West of Caspian Sea. Oghuz Turks in today's Turkey area developed their cuisine with the local foods, fruits and ingrediants they found.

Dograma
Yarma, Bulamak
Pishme
Buglama

..........etc etc l

Why do you want to deny?
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 07:09
I might be using the wrong term, sorry. A “discussion”, I meant.

It’s a normal expression? So, why didn’t I use them over you? It would be better also to express your feelings via PMs.

Well, I might be sensitive, or whatever you call me, but the thing is that I don’t tolerate when somebody doesn’t know how to speak formally and politely.

Having different opinions is quite normal on a topic which is historically not well documented. You said it. I understand now why you banned Akskl. And when members complained, they just lead no way.

I’ve provided you with documents and even the pages in which there goes to talk about our topic. You’ve got a point? Go for it. Talk to the famous authors online.

Where are your proofs? Where are the exact pages you refer to?

My sentences here, are just quotes from the books and the pages I’ve provided.

Yes, someone who is trying to distort the historical facts can hardly get other's respect. But first, you’ve got to note, it’s not ‘someone’, it’s a group of people. Also, neither you, nor I, are not in the position to say these great historians are wrong.

You asked me for proofs? I did. You may have complaints? You'd better talk to the authors.

Alright, back to the topic…

Edited by gok_toruk - 18-Feb-2007 at 07:39
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 07:07
Just as well as Turkmens believe KorOghly was a Turkmen, Ozbeks believe he was an Ozbek. People like KorOghlu or even Manas are “Common Turkic Heritage” which you can’t USE them to show a certain kind of relationship.

You’re facing a misconception. For sure, we’re all culturally and linguistically related people. I’m talking about geographical groups (mentioned in old Inscriptions as ‘bodun’ which were distinct (politically and geographically) people).

It’s like saying “Hazara”s of Iran are Iranian and not of Turkic & Mongolian origin, just because they live among Iranians. “Daz”es, also as Vambery mentioned, are Ozbek.

See Bulldog, I might not be the only Turkmen, you’re right; but you’re not a Turkmen, at all. So, how come you expect me to believe the way you describe my people?

Alright, Oghuz and Chagatai are really alike. But for sure, they’re not the same. The grammer, the way words happen to appear in the sentence, especially use of of suffixes are a bit different. That’s why Linguists have placed them in different language groups (or should I say, dialects). Ozbek “Qara Qursoq” speak a dialect of “Chagatai” which, although easily understandable for a Turkmen, but differs from the language Turkmen “Qara Qursoq” speaks.

You said it; “we can express any view and opinion we desire”. Our story (Turkmens of Turkey and Turkmens of Turkmenistan are the same, because their name are the same) is just like this case: because Turkic speaking people of Iranian Kerman (close to Zabylystan and Buluches) are called ‘Turk’, so they’re the same people as Turks of Turkey are. And one can continue, but they are really darker and you can perceive tinge of Mongoloid population among them. Their language is somehow similar to Northern Horasan Turkic which is almost Chagatai. So, why Turks of Turkey speak a dialect of Oghuz? …

According to your definition, a black-skinned Iranian Zabyli who speaks an Indo-European language, has a different culture, can believe he’s a Turk if he speaks Turkic. Who can tell he’s not a Turk? In fact, let people of world speak Turkic and then they’re all Turk.

You’re not a Turkmen; simply because you can’t speak Turkmen (alright, a few similar words which is common in all Turkic languages). You can’t distinguish a Turkmen from a Qara Qalpaq, from a Northern Horasan Turk, from a Qyzylbash. You don’t know cultural elements of a Turkmen society like “kuren”, for instance. And you can’t teach me (a Turkmen) how they are. Even the Tekke tongue you’re talking about is not what you might think.

The exact word in Mongolia is “Anghara” which is slighter form of “Anqara”. The Turkish equivalent is ‘Ankara’. You see lots of similar words among nomads.

See Bulldog, I’m not the one who knows everything. I might be wrong. You might be right. But if you were in my shoes (it’s not only my shoes; this is a public forum) would you believe your own statements when you’re using only names? They are Salyr? Alright, please enlighten us with Salyr language and Salyr culture they have. You’re only referring to numbers and population.

It’s like saying “Turkmen” and “Anatolian Turkish” are the same; because they’re both Oghuz Turkic. Uighur and Ozbek are both Chagatai, but not the same dialects.

I’ve noticed something. First, you mention “Chagatay Turki is infact similar to Oghuz Turki”. Now you say, “Well Ozbek and Uygur is the same language. These are dialects, Oghuz Dialect is another one.”. And you continue, “What classifies as different unmutually intellegible is for example Chuvash or Siberian Turkic languages.”.

Uighur, Ozbek, Turkish, Azeri and Turkmen are ally mutually understandable (it varies from dialect to dialect). But these are not the same language groups. Two of them, Chagatai, three of them Oghuz.

“Claiming that 9 Oghuz and Uygur are alien to each other, or that they're different groups or seperate is pretty ridiculous to say the least”? That’s what written in Turkic inscriptions. You can argue old Turkic “Qaqan”s and their lack of knowledge, historians and modern linguists.

By the way, I’ve given, even the page numbers for the case you want to check them out. Because seems like you haven’t even studied the famous Turkish Historian’s book “Oghuzes (Turkmens)”. You might need the ISBN numbers also, huh?

I’m really eager to see your Central Asian friends who agree with you on our topic. Why don’t you bring your Central Asian friends who believe they are the same people as Turkish people are? I’m not making joke of your posts, I’m serious. This way, I’ll be sure I’m too much radical in Central Asia to think Turkish people are different people.

Turkmen music is significantly different from that of Anatolian. Even our major music instruments are completely different.

Oh, when talking about modern official tongue, I forgot to tell you (now I remember, because you mentioned literature) that prior to this official tongue (that’s only official; because Tekke is the most powerful tribe now), official Turkmen which was used in literature, etc was a Northern Turkmen dialect.

Turkish carpet is a bit like Iranian or should I say Azeri carpets while Turkmen carpet is famous for their shamanistic and nature-based pattern. You believe they’re the same? Talk about the elements a Turkmen carpet use and you observe it only in a Turkish carpet.

About food, first of all, the ‘Chorba” you’re mentioning is Iranian ‘Shurba’. Also the Turkish “ekmek” which is ‘bread’ is not the same thing in Turkmen. Turkmen ‘ekmek’ is not bread. “Ayran” is a common Altaic drink. Turkmen has not got over 100 bread types.

Now, if you belive you’ve got them too, tell me what exactly a “Qatlama”, a “Borek”,

Edited by gok_toruk - 18-Feb-2007 at 07:09
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2007 at 09:19
Originally posted by gok_toruk

To both of you Barbar and Bulldog:

Nice challenge so far, indeed. I'm still here to whenever you continue. That's promising a great series of arguements. But first you've got to remember something:

Challege? Are we in a kind of competition?  I though we were having a discussion.

I may (or should I say, definately) seem idiot, or kind of a crap to you. But whatever your conception is, try to be polite. No reason to offend me, because I haven't offended you so far. Have I used any impolite sentence or something which means impolite? What do you mean "you're wasting my time" (and like talking a young boy, smiling), "where on earth...", "... be able to understand", "make a history of your own", etc? I didn't force you to write replies to my posts. It's your own choice. By the way, I can't tolerate as much as a child can do.

It'd have been better if you had sent me your personal opinions via PM. We are going to be off topic again. Anyway this thread has already been off-topic, so...

Sorry, if you have got offended, it wasn't my intention, that's why I used the Wink to remind you that there is no hard feeling. As for the sentences, they are all normal expressions when one has a discussion with others. Sorry again, I forgot you are very sensitive. Wink 

You're a moderator Barbar. People would take you as model here. I don't want you to be polite for me, but if not so, don't expect or BAN people when they're against you. It has got nothing to do with me? Alright, but first, be more polite against people. To be respected by respect, requries treating others the same way.

Model? Come on, we are not political leaders or something. We are just some part-time 'polices' to keep order here.  Most of the times we are just like normal forum members. Yes, you are right. mutual respect is important in civilized discussions. However, someone who is trying to distort the historical facts can hardly get other's respect. 

Having different opinions is quite normal on a topic which is historically not well documented, but providing fake facts about well documented and established historical facts in order to support one's personal claims is lame, IMO.

Also, bring proofs, books, documents with the exact page and if that's true, I'll show AE where the page is located online.

Just tell  me on which questions do you need the facts? What you do usually is putting several false claims one after another by just mentioning the names of the authors of the books without any exact quotation. It's quite time consuming to bare original proofs to disprove all at a time. Well,  open new threads on these various topics, and let's discuss them one by one.  

Meanwhile, since the thread is about the geographical location of Turkic (in general) people, let's come back to the topic if there is anything to add to the answers given to the original question.

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2007 at 18:28
Gok_Toruk
Uzbeks also claim on KorOghlu

What do you mean "claim", Ozbek Turks have as much right to Koroglu as any other Turks.

Gok_Toruk
and you'll discover the facts about the seprate Turkmen people who has got nothing to do with 9 Oghuzes.
This comment make's no sense in its self, claiming that they have nothing in common is ridiculous when they are from the same root.

Gok_Toruk
Don't mix things. Whatever the definition, "Daz" people are not Turkmen, but Ozbek immigrants. Also, don't try to teach me how my people are. Salur have got 110 branches?
Not Turkmen? why? just cos they don't live within the Soviet drawn borders of Turkmenistan? please common stop thinking so rigidly.

What make's you think your the only Salyr huh. Salyr from the Serahs region of Turkmenistan have had alot of influence and presence in making Turkiye Turkiye.

Gok_Toruk
Who talked about borders? Ozbek "Qara Qursaq" speak a dialect of "Chagatay" while Turkmen "Qara Qursoq" speak southern Turkmen (Kokleng).
So? Chagatay Turki was the lingua-franca of Turkistan, Chagatay Turki is infact similar to Oghuz Turki and influenced it alot, great Turkic literary masters like Nevai, Lufti, Babur etc wrote in this style.

Gok_Toruks
We're not here to say it doesn't matter. Kerman Turks are not, for sure, the same as Turks of Turkey.

Yes, we can express any view and opinion we desire.

Your now drifting away from the main point, you can be a Turk anywhere, its not "restricted" soley as a right of Turkiye, you don't need to be from, living in or have been born their to be a Turk. Who can tell a Kerman Turk he's not a Turk?

Gok_Toruk
You might be right, to some extent, when talking about official tongue which is based on CONVERSATIONAL language of SOUTHERN TRIBES. But, for sure, you won't understand a bit of northern Turkmen which is the most correct tongue. Don't tell me I'm not the representative. Whatever I am, I'm a Turkmen, but you're not

Majority of Turkmenistan is Southern tribes. Your not a representative, your an idividual. I don't need to profess and tell everybody every two seconds I'm a Turkmen to be a Turkmen, you don't know who I am, so its not wise to make assumptions.

Gok_Tork
There's no case for "Angara". I'm saying only similarities in names are not enough.

But Angara is notthe same as Ankara, Turks didn't migrate from Turkiye to Mongolia and found a city or name an area Angara.

But Salyr Turkmen and the other Turkmen made Turkiye Turkiye, this is what I'm trying to get across, the Turkish identity of Turks of Turkey is due to Turkmen.

These places are not caled "Salyr" by coincidence, its because they are Salyr, 20 Salyr villages, Salyr county, Karaman Salyr villages, Karaman Salyr province, city, district etc etc it's not just a coincidence.

Hopefully more studies will be conducted between these area's and those in Turkmenistan.

If so, Uzbeks is not a different language from Turkish. Neither is Uighur.

Well Ozbek and Uygur is the same language.

These are dialects, Oghuz Dialect is another one.

What classifies as different unmutually intellegible is for example Chuvash or Siberian Turkic languages.

If you can speak a language like the locals in a matter of weeks without going to a single language class then how can it be a different language, you don't need to learn just adapt.

Gok_Toruk
9 Oghuzes and Uighurs were two different geographical group. After collapse of Kok Turks, only a few of 9 Oghuzes joined Uighurs. The major tribes were Uighur's enemies.

It's not my own words, see books:

1- "Oghuzes (Turkmens)" - Faruk Sumer
2- "Oghuze's trace in Sihun coasts", Jermansky
3- "Four lectures on Central Asian History", Barthold
4- "The Cambridge history of old Central Asia", Denis Sinor

This is not written in these books, not even remotely similar to your hyperbolic version.

Your treating tribal confederacies as if their different people's. Tribal confederacies rise and collapse, tribes join other tribes other confederacies and so on. It doesn't change the fact that these tribes were Turk tribes who often formed different confederacies. So claiming that 9 Oghuz and Uygur are alien to each other, or that they're different groups or seperate is pretty ridiculous to say the least. 

Shinai
 Politics does not let us talk about the scientific facts. Because of the philosophy behind the existing of Republic of Turkey , based on a Turkish nation with a Turkish blood, and huge media coverage the real meaning of Turkickness is hiden.

Confused This has nothing to do with Turkiye, what is it with you, prior to the Soviet expansion, there were only Turks in Central Asia. Ozbek Khan who was the last unifier of Turkistan was what is today a Kazak Turk. They drew borders and gave the people within each of these borders names.

Turkish blood? who ever claimed this.

Ones my Turkologist budy was complaining about why azeries, or Uzbeks or qazaqs refuse to call themselves Turk, It is clear they do not want to be mixed up with Turks of Turkey

Todays and next generations of Turks from the Turkic states are re-discovering their past and their identity, it's better to work together than be stuck in some artificial nationalism between one another.

The reason Turkiye Turks remained Turks is because they managed to keep independance, prior to the Soviet expansion people's of Central Asia Turkic states were all known as Turks, infact they were the Turks and the Western Turks were their descendants or children.

Iran Turks remained their independance as did Iran and so they are also and have carried on being known as "Turk".

Today Azerbaycan Turks identify as Turks and alot are pretty proud of their identity.

This isn't about not wanting to mix up with Turks of Turkiye. This is about a certain power trying to carry on a policy of "divide and conquer". When the new Kazakistan, Ozbekistan, Kirgizistan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaycan generations grow up throught their new education, through their own people's and embrace their Turkicness who has more to loose? yes exactly Russia does.

Timur was a great warrior, instead of endless arguments he just demonstrated  the diffrences between the real and wanna be.

Some people in Turkey think that they are the real turks immigrated from Central asia, and Turkmens, Uzbeks, and qazaqs are the Turks mixed by mongolians. I have this question for them:

Your inventing and asnwering your own question.

I know many Turkiye Turks who love Central Asia passionately and tell me that they're forefathers are from Central Asia and tell me they have this heritage and features and so on.

It just depends who you engage with, everybody has their own views.

1-How a huge number of People left central asia , passed through Iranian mountains without any archiological remains, they were not able to ride an airplane and go to AtaTurk hava limani.

LOL

Oghuz Turks, Selcuk Empire, Ildenizler, Salgurs, Khwarzemshah, Ilkhanid, Timurids, Safevi's, Nadir Shah, Akkoyunlu, KaraKoyunlu.

Go check the past 1000 years of Iran, I'm sure you'll find alot of archiological remains. I found "Ali Kapi" a lovely place Wink

2-The Turkmen culture and food is not a major part of turkish section.

I'm sorry but this is just ignorant.

Music, literature, clothes, dress, carpets, architecture, designs, fabrics, tapestries etc etc Turkmen inflluence is majory.

Food, let me list some type's,

Manti type's
Dolma type's
Yarma type's
Shashlik/Kebab type's
Ka'urma type's
Borek type's
Churek type's
Chorba type's
Kefir type's
Ayran type's
Gaymak type's
Suzme type's
Peynir type's
Gatlama and other bread's
Ekmek(Turkmen have over 100 bread type's)

etc etc etc

These are just types, there are so many different dishes under these type's. The Apricot was bought over from Turkmenistan, as was dried apricots and different dried apricot sweets.

3-The horses in the area are all Arabic breads (close to what is called mustang) and Iranian yabu ( a powerful horse). so how turks introduced something to european when they donot know it themselves?

Why do you do it to yourself? also Yabu is a Turkish word. 

We know that Turkoman stallions were kept for use by the elite palace guards of the Caliph of Baghdad, and that it was these stallions which he used for breeding with his Arabian mares. It was probably from these horses that the Muniqui Arabian arose.

In appearance the akhalteke horse is similar to its descendent, the
Arab, though in size it is more comparable to another of its descendants,
the English thoroughbred. The akhalteke has a small thin head, long ears
and large eyes. It has a short silky mane or no mane at all, and a short
tail. The Turkmen practice of covering their horses with two to three
layers of felt blankets to protect against cold in the winter and flies in the
summer encouraged a remarkably fine textured coat.

Do you even know what the English Thoroughbread horse is? this breed descends from the Turkmen horse.

In fact, nothing could be further from the lean, long-legged, lustrous Akhal Tekes, many of which stand 15 or 16 hands high. With its dry musculature, sparse mane and veins bulging under its thin, fine, shimmering coat, the Akhal Teke looks like nothing so much as the early generations of English Thoroughbred. This, too, is no coincidence. Two of the three Thoroughbred foundation studs were Turkmen horses: the Byerly Turk and the Darley Arabian. The latter was purchased in Aleppo, Syria in 1717, but it was bred by Turkmen nomads. Some of the brood mares in the royal stables of Charles II, whence the English Thoroughbred came, were also Turkmen dams.

Jonathan Maslow

According to the craniological and osteological research done by Prof. M. N. Belongov and nowadays a striking similarity between the modern Akhal Teke and the English Thoroughbred was found. You inevitably get hit by the same idea comparing the old English and Turkmen training and eventing systems of race horses. This is work under blankets, races with many rounds, early braking of young horses and some other elements. The Arabs had nothing similar and it might have come to England with the Turkmen trainers who accompanied the horses.

Here it is also necessary to specify the relationship between the Turkmen horse breeds in Turkey and Turkmenistan. Being the successors of Turkmen tribes the Turks of today's Turkey had real Turkmen horses from the very beginning. Already Marco Polp wrote about this. The Danish traveller Karsten Nibur, who was in Arabia and Turkey at the end of the 18th century, wrote: The Turks do not highly respect the Arabian horses, they prefer to have tall, impressive horses under the saddle, which look utmost impressive with their splendid adornment. According to reports by European travellers until the beginning of the 20th century the best horses in the stables of the Sultan of Istanbul were Akhal Teke Argamaks brought from Turkmenistan.

This way, being the oldest pure bred in the world the Turkmenian Akhal Teke horse took part in the formation of two other pure breds, the Arabs and the English Thoroughbred.

Turks got to Turkey on their Turkmen horses because they're Turkmen, this isn't complicated.

Edited by Bulldog - 16-Feb-2007 at 18:28
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

shinai View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote shinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2007 at 15:29
Hey guys , I found this video,
http://youtube.com/watch?v=twFw-_1YxsY
the differences between central asian and western turks is too obviouse, what is the point to fight about that?
 Politics does not let us talk about the scientific facts. Because of the philosophy behind the existing of Republic of Turkey , based on a Turkish nation with a Turkish blood, and huge media coverage the real meaning of Turkickness is hiden. Ones my Turkologist budy was complaining about why azeries, or Uzbeks or qazaqs refuse to call themselves Turk, It is clear they do not want to be mixed up with Turks of Turkey ( I mean the positive side). Timur was a great warrior, instead of endless arguments he just demonstrated  the diffrences between the real and wanna be.Later 150000 qizilbas Turkoman had been killed by yeni ceri( Europeans,  accepted as Moslem Turk because of tax)  in east of Anatolia, from that time the meaning of Turk changed.
Some people in Turkey think that they are the real turks immigrated from Central asia, and Turkmens, Uzbeks, and qazaqs are the Turks mixed by mongolians. I have this question for them:
1-How a huge number of People left central asia , passed through Iranian mountains without any archiological remains, they were not able to ride an airplane and go to AtaTurk hava limani.
2-The Turkmen culture and food is not a major part of turkish section. how many of you guys have had cektirme?
3-The horses in the area are all Arabic breads (close to what is called mustang) and Iranian yabu ( a powerful horse). so how turks introduced something to european when they donot know it themselves?
Turkmen horse presneted to the world by turkmens only.
I suggest to compare the Cultural diffrences and similarity we open a new topic

4-

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2007 at 12:54
To both of you Barbar and Bulldog:

Nice challenge so far, indeed. I'm still here to whenever you continue. That's promising a great series of arguements. But first you've got to remember something:

I may (or should I say, definately) seem idiot, or kind of a crap to you. But whatever your conception is, try to be polite. No reason to offend me, because I haven't offended you so far. Have I used any impolite sentence or something which means impolite? What do you mean "you're wasting my time" (and like talking a young boy, smiling), "where on earth...", "... be able to understand", "make a history of your own", etc? I didn't force you to write replies to my posts. It's your own choice. By the way, I can't tolerate as much as a child can do.

You're a moderator Barbar. People would take you as model here. I don't want you to be polite for me, but if not so, don't expect or BAN people when they're against you. It has got nothing to do with me? Alright, but first, be more polite against people. To be respected by respect, requries treating others the same way.

Also, bring proofs, books, documents with the exact page and if that's true, I'll show AE where the page is located online.

Edited by gok_toruk - 16-Feb-2007 at 13:03
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2007 at 12:50
We'll see about your posts when you're ready with documents. Turkic inscriptions (Orkhon, Bilge Qaqan, etc) stated 9 Oghuzes had a Qaqan, but Uighurs had only a Il Teber. Also, not all of 9 Oghuzes joined Uighurs. Because "Quny" and "Tongro" were considered Uighur enemies, as well as Qyrqizes, Tatars and Qitays.

By the way, I've noticed something. 9 Oghuzes hadn't had 'H' in front of a word. You believe the word 'Hun' with this form is of Oghuz origin?

About Edizes, and also the fact that 9 Oghuzes were different from Uighurs, see "Orkhon Inscriptions". The exact fact about "Ediz"s is found in pages 48-50.

By all those, 'Ediz', 'Tolis', I'm trying to say 9 Oghuzes were different from them. Even their ruler were differnt.

A misconception of your own, you'd better say. His last inscription was written then.

9 Oghuzes and Uighurs were two different geographical group. After collapse of Kok Turks, only a few of 9 Oghuzes joined Uighurs. The major tribes were Uighur's enemies.

It's not my own words, see books:

1- "Oghuzes (Turkmens)" - Faruk Sumer
2- "Oghuze's trace in Sihun coasts", Jermansky
3- "Four lectures on Central Asian History", Barthold
4- "The Cambridge history of old Central Asia", Denis Sinor

Out of 9 Oghuzes, 8 of them were Uighurs enemies in 743 A.D. The '8 Oghuz' (Sekiz Oghuz) in history were this group who were united by 9 Tatars against Uighurs (for a period of time; "Orkhon Inscriptions", - Also "Jami ul Tawarikh)

Uighurs mostly seems to be a confederation, rather than the original 10 Uighurs.

"Quny" and "Tongro" as accomplice with Tatars, Qitays and Qyrqizes were Uighurs enemies. How could you conclude them as Uighur? See, "Orkhon Inscriptions", p.167-170.

You've got to remember Turkic inscriptins have devided Turkic geographical groups to different "Bodun"s as they say (we say Motun). In their classification, 9 Oghuzes are different from Uighurs. Uighurs were ruled by 9 Oghuzes, but only a few tribes of 9 Oghuzes joined Uighurs later.

"Quny" and "Tongro" were the winners in the battle against Uighurs ruled by Il Etmish Qaqan:

"Orkhon Inscriptions", p.168-170.

Edited by gok_toruk - 16-Feb-2007 at 13:53
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2007 at 12:34
You didn't get my point. Turkic inscriptions stated that 9 Oghuzes were different socieites from Basmils and Izgils. How come you classify them all as 9 Oghuz?

I've talked about the Turkmen tongue be of eastern origin:

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14659&KW=Northern+Turkmen+vs%2E+Turkish

You'll find the a few of (only a few of) differences listed there.

I'm making a history of my own? So, go challenge people like "Ergin", "Ramstedt" and "Faruk Sumer'.

You said I was making a history of mine. That's the story I refer to.

Do you believe all these common words are only incidental?

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15225&PN=1

Yes, and you can complain all these professors because of wrong materials:

John Bengston [Association For The Study Of Language In Pre-History]

Anna Dybo [Russian State University For The Humanities]

Murray Gell-Mann [Santa Fe Institute]

Alexander Militaryov [Jewish University In Moscow]

Oleg Mudrak [Russian State University For The Humanities]

Sergei Nikolayev [Institute of Slavic Studies of the Academy of Science, Moscow]

Ilya Peiros [Santa Fe Institute]

Merritt Ruhlen [Stanford University]

George Starostin [Russian State University For The Humanities]

Sergei Starostin [Russian State University For The Humanities]

Timothy Usher[Santa Fe Institute]

William S.-Y. Wang [University Of California, Berkeley; City University of Hong Kong]

Paul Whitehouse [Santa Fe Institute]
The main refrences are:

Database Construction for World Languge Families (Merritt Ruhlen)

Reconstruction of Proto-Altaic (S. Starostin/A. Dybo/O. Mudrak)

Please Barbar, bring proofs when talking about Korea. You're only denying, without any certain document. We'll see about it when you provide us with proof.

Edited by gok_toruk - 16-Feb-2007 at 13:14
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2007 at 12:26
Well Bulldog, those are only 'Common Turkic heritage'. That's it. Uzbeks also claim on KorOghlu, for instance.

Alright, go challenge old books like 'Tarikh-e Jahan Gosha' or (even) Turkish historian Prof. Faruk Sumer. A glance at his famous book "Oghuzes (Turkmens)" and you'll discover the facts about the seprate Turkmen people who has got nothing to do with 9 Oghuzes.

Don't mix things. Whatever the definition, "Daz" people are not Turkmen, but Ozbek immigrants. Also, don't try to teach me how my people are. Salur have got 110 branches?

Who talked about borders? Ozbek "Qara Qursaq" speak a dialect of "Chagatay" while Turkmen "Qara Qursoq" speak southern Turkmen (Kokleng).

We're not here to say it doesn't matter. Kerman Turks are not, for sure, the same as Turks of Turkey. "Tork-e Moghol"s are not, for sure, Turkmens.

You might be right, to some extent, when talking about official tongue which is based on CONVERSATIONAL language of SOUTHERN TRIBES. But, for sure, you won't understand a bit of northern Turkmen which is the most correct tongue. Don't tell me I'm not the representative. Whatever I am, I'm a Turkmen, but you're not.

It's not against my agenda. I'm really eager to see about their language, their customs. What's wrong with this? I told you, Turkic speaking people of Kerman are also called "Turk", but this doesn't make them from Turkey.

There's no case for "Angara". I'm saying only similarities in names are not enough.

If so, Uzbeks is not a different language from Turkish. Neither is Uighur.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 17:52

Hi Shinai.

A few hours ago, something's come up and I had to take care of it. Now, I'll go on with the rest:

To Barbar, I should say:

1- 9 Oghuzes who lived on the coasts of Tugla and were consisted of 9 tribes and had the ruler title of Qaqan, were different from Uighurs who lived on the coasts of Silenga and were consisted of 10 tribes and were ruled by kings who had the title Il Teber.

Sorry, you are repeating your ignorance. We have clear historical records that the Royal tribe was first Yaghlaqar, then Adiz. Both were the part of On- Uyghur. It doesn't matter, since toqquz oghuz (outer nine Uyghur tribe) were also part of this political unity.

2- Edizes were 9 Oghuzes neighbors. They were considered two different bodun according to Turkic inscriptions.

Qoute this exact inscription? at which time period? Still it doesn't matter. Adiz was one of the on-Uyghur tribe.  

3- Tardushes homeland is not known, but they lived somewhere close to tken. Their king had the title of Shat. Bilge Qaqan ruled them, under the title of Shat for 19 years. Years later, they joined Uighurs.

They got the power first, then Uyghurs together with Tang defeated them.  

4- Tlises were ruled by a king who had the title
Yapqu.

So what?

5- Even Il Etmish Qaqan (Uighur Qaqan) in his last inscription which was written in 759 or 760 A.D, said: 10 Uighur and 9 Oghuz lived there for hundred years. Note he mentioned them separately as different 'bodun's.

Wait a minute? we have Bayanchur (Tengride bolmish El Tutmish bilge Qaghan) from 747-759, and El tekin (Ay tengride Qut bolmish El tutmish Alp Qutluq bilge Qaghan) from 759-779, according to the chronicles.  When will you ever stop making the history of your own?

Yes, they were two branches, what is the problem? They were all Tura or Uyghur tribes.  

6- When Uighurs were defeated by Qyrqizes, they were called 13 Uighurs who lived around Ordu Baliq (they escaped to China) and also 15 Uighurs who escaped to west. Out of this 15 Uighurs, a group escaped to Tibet, and a group to Kansu where they ruled for a short period of time. Later, they were called Sari Uighur. Seems like they were, at different times, kind of a confederation, rather than a distinct geographical group like 9 Oghuzes.

I can't believe you can continue like this. After the collaps of the empire, all the people started to disperse. Show me the original text that you get this information, or ask me I'll provide you.  When people move they don't necessarily move together with all the tribal members. It was the time when new tribal alliences were formed. 15 Uyghur tribe did move to the west, this showed the 19 tribes (nine oghuz and ten Uyghur) were all considered Uyghur tribes.   Yaghlaqar led some people and built Kansu kingdom, while Adiz moved to Idiqut to build the Idiqut kingdom, the 15 others went to Qarluq, and had major mixing with other Turkic tribes. We had Qaraqanids then, who was built by Yaghma Uyghurs.

7- The nine tribes you mentioned, are from Chinese resources about Uighur confederation. Its correct that after collapse of Kok Turks, a part of old 9 Oghuzes (not all of them) migrated to China, but most of them went to Tatars and Khitays (these three groups were always united in most of the wars, as is mentioned in Turkic and Uighur inscriptions).

Sources please? After the collaps of Kok-turk, we had Uyghur inscriptions to include the nine oghuz tribes, you also mentioned it. What is your point?  

8- Quny, Tongro, Qitays and Tatars were accomplice in wars with Uighurs (734 A.D). Uighurs did not manage to defeat them (except for 9 Tatars). So, how could you classify Tongro and Quny as Uighurs? Whats more, Uighurs were 10 Uighurs, but seems like you mean they were 18 tribes, nine inner and nine outer.

When on earth will you be able to understand the trible unity? Uyghurs were not only on Uyghurs. They include Toqquz oghuz. you know one of the toqquz oghuz tribes was Uyghur. It's not the name which matters, it was the political unity. tongro and Hun were in the list, means they were defeated by the time of Qutluq Bilge Qaghan.  Why don't you give us your own list of these tribes, if you are not agree with the historians ( eg. Turghun Almas)?

9- Not all 9 Oghuz tribes joined Uighurs. How come you believe nine outer Uighur tribes were 9 Oghuzes?

It doesn't matter, what I know is there were Nine Oghuz as part of this Uyghur confederacy, it was recorded in the inscriptions and also the records. What happened later was a different story.

BTW,  Read "Hududul Alem", the description of the geographical location of Toqquz Oghuz was Turpan and beshbaliq (Idiqut Uyghur Kingdom)

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 17:05

Of the old 9 Oghuzes (before Uighur period), only 'Quny' and 'Tongro' are listed in Uighur period. Because, after collapose of Kok Turks, 9 Oghuzes left their homeland (as immigrants) to other socieities. According to Turkic inscriptions, Ediz, Basmil, and Izgil were considered different geographical groups compared with 9 Oghuzes. That's why I can't believe your classification (Orkhon, p.48-50).

You should know you are really wasting my time. Wink

Don't confuse yourself with time periods. I listed nine-oghuz and ten-Uyghur tribes after the Qutluq Bilge Qaghan's defeat of Basmils. It was 744 AD. Turkic tribes were always mix and ally, changing the number of tribes. You were saying nine oghuzs were the ancestors of Turkmans. Present day Turkmans have nine tribes which are not in the least close to the last list we can see about nine oghuz tribes. (outer nine Uyghur tribes). Not denying the contribution of these Uyghur tribes in the formation of later Oghuz confederacy, and Turkmans by some part moving to the west, it's clear from the linguistical calssification, Turkman language is western dialect, not eastern.

As for the earlier tribal names, again you are making history of your own.

Eastern Tura tribes  during Kok-turk empire were 15:

1. Uyghur
2. Surtardush
3. Chibin
4. Tuba
5. Qoriqan
6. Tilengut
7. Bogu
8. Bayirghur
9. Tongro
10. Hun
11. Izgil
12. Qoghursur
13. Qomuq
14. Adiz
15. Baysar

Forming the alliance between tribes always changed the formation in the political unity. Uyghur became the common title to the all eastern Tura and Kok-turk people after the collaps of Kok-Turk empire.  

And the history of my own is:

'In 552 A.D, 'Bumin Qaqan', sent his brother 'Istemi' with 10 tribes to invade the lands of escaped Juan Juans Hephtalites. He wrest control of Jeihun, but did not confront with 'Muqan'. Bumin Qaqan, under the name of 'Yapqu', remained the ruler until his death ruled Central Asia. His son, 'Tarty', after his father, announced he was the new Qaqan of the western states. And this is how the western Oghuzes were found.

See 'Kol Tigin' Inscriptions (Ergin, p.155). Also see what 'Bilge Qaqan' said about them: (Ergin, p.54,57,64,66,80)

So Barbar, I'm waiting to see if you can convince me the Turkic inscriptions are false.

Now I'm confused, you were telling us the history of western Kok-Turks (On oq), which we know quite well. Before that you said you are the decendants of Toqquz Oghuz. What are you going to say? What about the history of the Turkman nine tribes? or your Salur tribe? How do you link them to the earlier Turkic tribes with solid historical proof?

By the way, about Koreans and Japanese people:

'The Korean people originally may have had links with the people of Central Asia, the Lake Baikal region, Mongolia, and the coastal areas of the Yellow Sea. Tools of Paleolithic type and other artifacts found in Sokch'ang, near Kongju, are quite similar to those of the Lake Baikal and Mongolian areas...

Archaeological, linguistic, and legendary sources support the view that the Korean peninsula was settled by Tungusic-speaking peoples who migrated in waves from Manchuria and Siberia. They settled along the coasts and moved up the river valleys. These peoples formed the dominant ethnic stock of the Korean people and developed the Korean language. There was a close relationship between Korean culture and that of neighbouring peoples in the Neolithic Period and the Bronze Age. For example, Korean combware pottery, widely used in the Neolithic Period, is commonly found in northeastern Asia; Korean bronze daggers, belt hooks, and knobbed mirrors also display the traits of bronze tools unearthed in the region.

1- The History of Korea, ed. by Grafton K. Mintz
2- A History of Korea

What's so funny about these facts?

Cultural contact doesn't make a group to be another groups' decendant.  Culturally, linguistically, and even genetically koreans and Japanese are quite distinct from Tungustic people, although there were contact in some degrees in the above catagories. Why not, they live in close geographical locations (Mongols occupied Korea). but make no mistake, we have historical records of the population constant movement from mainland China to Korea and Japan, which can be proven by genetic studies.  I'll not going to go in detail, as this is a big topic, and you can put your new thread in east asia forum. 

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 16:55
Gok_Toruk
I might fail to open my mind, but you haven't given proofs if believe these are false

Neither have you, there is no proof, there is no black and white, there isn't a mathmatical equation, your not dealing with robots.

Here "proove" this wrong

Turmenistan-Azerbaycan-Turkey cultural connections

You can't because it exists and there are people who percieve this to be the truth, you may not but that's just your opinion, that's what you fail to realise.

Gok_Toruk
Turks who became Moslem were called Turkmen by other Turks.

No, Oghuz Turks were called "Turkmen", Oghuz Turks are Turkmen, there is no "seperate" group who are Turkmen, none of the ancient tribes were called "Turkmen", the Oghuz make up what is called Turkmen.

Gok_Toruk
I AM a Salur. Seems really funny you're trying to teach me how my people are. By the way, the "Daz" tribe you mentioned are originally Uzbeks mostly from "Khiva".
What makes you think your the only Salur? you should know Salur have 110 branches including all the main and sub-branches.

What's an Ozbek? Ozbek name is derived from Ozbek Khan who was a Kazak Turk, he united Turkistan and has recieved alot of respect. Ozbek is a pollitical name, as was Ottoman, Selcuk, KaraKhanid and so on but they're all Turks ethnically and part of the Turk nation. Ozbekistan have Oghuz tribes among them aswell so does Afganistan.

Gok_Toruks
Uzbeks have got 'Qara Qursaq', Turkmens too.

Yeah and your point being? do you actually believe the Soviet drawn borders mean that Qara Qursaq is different in Turkmenistan and Ozbekistan? just because of borders! stop thinking that people change just because of these lines on the map.

Gok_TOruk
There are lots of people in Iranian Kerman who speak Turkic and are called Turk, but are they from Turkey?

Does it matter? a Turk is a Turk doesn't matter if he/she's from Iran, Turkey or Brazil. You can be a Turk anywhere in the world, it's not restricted to "borders".

Gok_Toruk
But what about their language?

A Turk from Turkmenistan, Iran, Azerbeycan, Turkey can understand each other based upon the official Turkish of these areas.

Gok_Toruk
What about their culture?

Cultural differences can occur in such short distances as different cities in the same country. It is expected and totally logical for their to be cultural differences between thousands of kilometres.

What is amazing is the similarities, its not expected for their to be cultural aspects that are in common but it's very clear that there are.

Gok_Toruk
 The web pages you've provided only talks about the population and numbers, but not anymore.

Look now your inventing things, you claim "not anymore" based upon what? you asked for examples of Salyr, Tekke, Yazyr, Ersari etc in Turkey and were provided with it. Now your dismissing it, why? because it's against your agenda, what exactly is there to disagree with, these places exist you can visit them nobody is making it up. Do you want to see the amount of Karaman villages, towns, even the city, Karaman being a branch of the Salyr, the Karamanogullari who founded the Karaman region being Salyr's themselves.

Karaman villages

KARAMAN KY

UBUK

ANKARA

KARAMAN KY

MERKEZ

BALIKESİR

KARAMAN KY

KURUCAŞİLE

BARTIN

KARAMAN KY

KOVANCILAR

ELAZIĞ

KARAMAN KY

OĞUZELİ

GAZİANTEP

KARAMAN KY

KİRAZ

İZMİR

KARAMAN KY

KRE

KASTAMONU

KARAMAN KY

KIZILTEPE

MARDİN

KARAMAN KY

SALIPAZARI

SAMSUN

KARAMAN KY

DİVRİĞİ

SİVAS

KARAMAN KY

ZARA

SİVAS

KARAMAN KY

MERKEZ

ŞANLIURFA

Karaman region.

Karaman city. 

Gok_Toruk
In Mongolia, there's a place called "Angara". So, Turkish people are immigrants from Mongolia, huh?

If you wish to present a case please exlplain the thesis behind it and why this could be a possibility.

Gok_Toruk
I've talked about the official language with you in these pages, as well. If it comes to Official, so the formal structure is almost the same among Turkmens, Uzbeks and Uighurs. The official Turkmen tongue is understood easily by Uzbeks and Uighurs and vice versa.
But they're not the same.

If it's understood why is it different? Newcastle English accent and Jamaican English dialect is different but you can roughly understand although there is difference but we cannot say it's a different language, its a dialect.

Edited by Bulldog - 15-Feb-2007 at 18:54
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 13:33
I might fail to open my mind, but you haven't given proofs if believe these are false:

1- http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14612&PN=1

2- http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14659&PN=1

Turks who became Moslem were called “Turkmen” by other Turks. That’s because the first group of Turks who became were the tribe “Turkmen” to “On Oq”s. That’s why you see different people under the same name Turkmen, in Turkmenistan, Turkey and Iraq.

I'm creating a story? So, why don't you defend your ideas on the above-mentioned threads?

I AM a Salur. Seems really funny you're trying to teach me how my people are. By the way, the "Daz" tribe you mentioned are originally Uzbeks mostly from "Khiva".

Uzbeks have got 'Qara Qursaq', Turkmens too. Mongols had got 'Tokhtamysh', Turkmens have got too. Southern Horasan Turks who are closer to Uzbeks have got 'Salur' too. But they're not Turkmen. People of Iranian Jerkelan or Northern Bojnurd are Turkic speaking Iranians who are called Turkmen. Or let me tell you this say. There are lots of people in Iranian Kerman who speak Turkic and are called Turk, but are they from Turkey? There are lots of people in southern Horasan who are called 'Tork-e Moghol', but are they from Turkey? Or from Mongolia? These doesn't mean they are the same (that's the first). Let's say alright, seems like they're the same. But what about their language? What about their culture? What about their beliefs? The web pages you've provided only talks about the population and numbers, but not anymore. In Mongolia, there's a place called "Angara". So, Turkish people are immigrants from Mongolia, huh? What if we talk about their language and their history?

I've talked about the official language with you in these pages, as well. If it comes to Official, so the formal structure is almost the same among Turkmens, Uzbeks and Uighurs. The official Turkmen tongue is understood easily by Uzbeks and Uighurs and vice versa.
But they're not the same.

Please, bring proofs when talking about Turkmen horse.

Edited by gok_toruk - 15-Feb-2007 at 13:40
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 11:54
Gok_Toruk
I'm serious, only a minor Turkmen tribe migrated to Turkey. The fact is that they escaped Mongol invasion.
Well you may be serious and actually believe your stories but that's just you, it's a well established fact that Oghuz Turks migrated to Turkey from Turkmenistan.

Gok_Toruk
It's also an established fact that Tekke, Salyr, Ersari, Yomut migrated to what is today Turkey and are the reason why Turkey is Turkey, speaks Turkish, the  people are Turks and so on.

You fail to realise or open your mind to logic, you seem to think West of the Caspian sea magically became Turk just out of the blue, as if martians landed from space. Your mixing your emotions with rationality, the reality is Turkey, Azerbaycan, Trnc, basically Turks to the West of Turkmenistan are Turks because they're Turkmen. For some reason you don't want to accept this and will create and support any story to the contrary.

You should know that Salyr in Turkmenistan have three main branches Yalwach, Karaman and Kicik Aga. Yalwach has three main branches, Ordu-hoca, Beg-sakar, Daz so does Karaman Ugru-cihili, Aleyn, Beg-gezen.

In Turkmenistan, in the Serahs region, the Salyr have five oba tradition, this is also the same as Karaman region in Turkey. Also on Serahs region there are two "Karaman" oba. In Turkey the Karamanogullari had a powerfull state and were very influential. Today in Turkey there is a Karaman province and its capital is Karaman. There are outside Karaman-Salyr province 16 Salyr villages in Turkey.

Balikesir Salyr county

Salur village in Ladik region

SALUR KY

ELMALI

ANTALYA

SALUR KY

KUMLUCA

ANTALYA

SALUR KY

MANAVGAT

ANTALYA

SALUR KY

ORTA

ANKIRI

SALUR KY

MERKEZ

ORUM

SALUR KY

REFAHİYE

ERZİNCAN

SALUR KY

ŞARKİKARAAĞA

ISPARTA

SALUR KY

MERKEZ

KARAMAN

SALUR KY

KOCASİNAN

KAYSERİ

SALUR KY

GRDES

MANİSA

SALUR KY

LADİK

SAMSUN

SALUR KY

SİVEREK

ŞANLIURFA

SALUR KY

ARTOVA

TOKAT

SALUR KY

ZİLE

TOKAT

SALUR KY

SORGUN

YOZGAT

16 Yazyr villages

Antalya province is the Ottoman "Tekke Sancak", there are Tekke area's and many villages.

Do some research, there is alot more aswell, if you want I can list them all.

Maybe now you'll understand that Tekke, Salyr, Yazyr, Ersari and other tribes which live in Turkmenistan also live in Turkey.

Thus, they are the same people Smile

About language again, let's look at the "official" Turkish of Turkmenistan.

Taze Prezidentimiz Yurdumuza Hayirli bolsun! 

You can tell us about your specific dialect all you want, however, official Turkmenistan Turkish is very similar to Azebaycan and Turkey Turkish, this you cannot deny. 

Why don't you bring proofs if Turkish people introced Turkmen horse to Europe?
- Turk's got to today's Turkey by Horse.

- The Caliph of Baghdad had a stallion for these horses, it's argued by some that the Arab horse is actually of Turkmen descent especially these elite horses.

- The Byerly Turk was a Turkmen horse.

- Turkmen horses were very popular in Europe.

Edited by Bulldog - 15-Feb-2007 at 12:03
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 06:00
I'm looking forward to hearing from you about what you can do to challenge these facts.

Bulldog, please instead of saying 'Turkmen is this, Turk is this, they are this', bring proofs for Turkmen horse issue, and for:

Edited by gok_toruk - 15-Feb-2007 at 06:02
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 05:53
And about Korean, Japanese and their relationship with Tungusic (or should I say Altaic people), please see the following pages (although the topic is closed, now):

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15225&PN=1

A research has been going on over the past several decades that appears to indicate that larger genetic groupings are not only possible, but indeed quite plausible. It can be shown that most of the world's language families can be classified into roughly a dozen large groupings, or macrofamilies.

A primary goal of the research is to provide a detailed classification of these languages, organizing them into a genealogical tree similar to the accepted classification of biological species.

Now, about the words, I should say, they're not selected as you might think. Classical historical linguistics has developed a very powerful tool - the comparative method - that allows the reconstruction of unattested language stages, so-called proto-languages. It turns out that whereas modern languages may vary significantly, protolanguages in various cases tend to be much more similar to one other. This is the case, e.g., with Indo-European, Uralic and Altaic: modern English, Finnish, and Turkish may have almost nothing in common, but their respective ancestors - Proto-Indo-European, Proto-Uralic and Proto-Altaic - appear to have many more common traits and common vocabulary. This means that the possibility exists of extending the time perspective and reconstructing even earlier stages of human language and much of this research has already been conducted.

The total process is done by Modern computer technology. A large set of computer databases is already available and many of them are already online. These databases include Altaic, Dravidian, (North) Caucasian, Yenisseian, Sino-Tibetan, Indo-European, Austroasiatic, Chukchi-Kamchatkan, and Semitic. For many other language families the databases are in the stage of preparation.

The participants in the project are:

John Bengston [Association For The Study Of Language In Pre-History]

Anna Dybo [Russian State University For The Humanities]

Murray Gell-Mann [Santa Fe Institute]

Alexander Militaryov [Jewish University In Moscow]

Oleg Mudrak [Russian State University For The Humanities]

Sergei Nikolayev [Institute of Slavic Studies of the Academy of Science, Moscow]

Ilya Peiros [Santa Fe Institute]

Merritt Ruhlen [Stanford University]

George Starostin [Russian State University For The Humanities]

Sergei Starostin [Russian State University For The Humanities]

Timothy Usher[Santa Fe Institute]

William S.-Y. Wang [University Of California, Berkeley; City University of Hong Kong]

Paul Whitehouse [Santa Fe Institute]
The main refrences are:

Database Construction for World Languge Families (Merritt Ruhlen)

Reconstruction of Proto-Altaic (S. Starostin/A. Dybo/O. Mudrak)

Edited by gok_toruk - 15-Feb-2007 at 05:57
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 05:50
To Bulldog:

1- The real owners of the name ‘Turkmen’ are a small group of Turkic speaking people who are considered to be first Moslem Turks. Even ‘Kashgari’ talks about their city called ‘Ordu’ to be close to ‘balasaghun’ (Oghuzes, Proff. Faruk Sumer)

2- When Uighurs defeated Qarluqs and made them move to West, Qarluqs in 766 A.D, invaded ‘Suyap’ and easily ended ‘Trgish’ kingdom. Because of new-comers, a large number of ‘Qalach’s who used to live on the coasts of ‘Talas’ migrated to ‘Mavera un nehir’ and then to ‘Iranian Khorasan’. Sihun Oghuzes also moved directly to west. There were also a group of people called ‘Turkmen’ and were related to ‘On Ok’s. (Proff. Faruk Sumer) who were of Sihun Oghuzes, while modern Turkmens are descendants of old 9 Oghuzes. So you see they were not the same people:

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14612&PN=1

Their languages were different:

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14659&PN=1

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 05:44
Hi Shinai.

A few hours ago, something's come up and I had to take care of it. Now, I'll go on with the rest:

To Barbar, I should say:

1- 9 Oghuzes who lived on the coasts of Tugla and were consisted of 9 tribes and had the ruler title of ‘Qaqan’, were different from Uighurs who lived on the coasts of Silenga and were consisted of 10 tribes and were ruled by kings who had the title ‘Il Teber’.

2- Edizes were 9 Oghuzes’ neighbors. They were considered two different ‘bodun’ according to Turkic inscriptions.

3- Tardushes’ homeland is not known, but they lived somewhere close to tken. Their king had the title of ‘Shat’. Bilge Qaqan ruled them, under the title of ‘Shat’ for 19 years. Years later, they joined Uighurs.

4- Tlises were ruled by a king who had the title
‘Yapqu’.

5- Even ‘Il Etmish Qaqan’ (Uighur Qaqan) in his last inscription which was written in 759 or 760 A.D, said: ’10 Uighur and 9 Oghuz lived there for hundred years’. Note he mentioned them separately as different 'bodun's.

6- When Uighurs were defeated by Qyrqizes, they were called ’13 Uighurs who lived around Ordu Baliq’ (they escaped to China) and also ’15 Uighurs who escaped to west’. Out of this 15 Uighurs, a group escaped to Tibet, and a group to Kansu where they ruled for a short period of time. Later, they were called ‘Sari Uighur’. Seems like they were, at different times, kind of a confederation, rather than a distinct geographical group like 9 Oghuzes.

7- The nine tribes you mentioned, are from Chinese resources about Uighur confederation. It’s correct that after collapse of Kok Turks, a part of old 9 Oghuzes (not all of them) migrated to China, but most of them went to Tatars and Khitays (these three groups were always united in most of the wars, as is mentioned in Turkic and Uighur inscriptions).

8- ‘Quny’, ’Tongro’, Qitays and Tatars were accomplice in wars with Uighurs (734 A.D). Uighurs did not manage to defeat them (except for 9 Tatars). So, how could you classify ‘Tongro’ and ‘Quny’ as Uighurs? What’s more, Uighurs were 10 Uighurs, but seems like you mean they were 18 tribes, nine inner and nine outer.

9- Not all 9 Oghuz tribes joined Uighurs. How come you believe nine outer Uighur tribes were 9 Oghuzes?

Edited by gok_toruk - 15-Feb-2007 at 05:59
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>